• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Comparison Subthread] Acid vs. Mushrooms

How the hell do you eat shrooms? they look like Slimmy, Shit!! Personally I prefer LSD, visuals are alot better. but yet, I've never tried shrooms

ive never eaten slimy shroomz...but whatever. Ill tell you though, i like acid, cause you can always take 1 hit and still have a good time... whereas one gram of shroomz wont do shit to me.

About an hour after I eat mushies I feel like I have food poisoning or something. As this feeling fades, an earthy, natural trip emerges. When I take lsd it is very apparent that I have taken a drug. I know that this isn't completely rational, but it feels like I'm triping off of a chemical instead of something from nature. Although I realize that both of them are drugs, I think that this is a good way to compare the two. I couldn't tell you which one is better, but in general I enjoy acid in the city, and mushies in the desert, mountains etc.
hope this helps and ohh ya, not another one of these threads :)
peace

Never taken any drugs beside E and weed.
How does shrooms compare to the two above???

like most other people, I think its too close to decide. They both have their uses and times in life to use them. But I think i'd have to lean to the LSD side. Although its all about the "machine" and "dirty" like someone else said, I always love the "I can do anything!" attitude (megalomania?) and hope for the future.
While on the other hand, shrooms gives me a glimpse of how much we're masking who we really are .... animals. And also how we as humans, are insignificant in the scale of the universe, and aren't going anywhere.

Both hallucinogens take me to a very primal level. With lsd, I feel like I'm a little kid (or even infant) again; with shrooms, I feel like I've reverted to a bacterium, or some earlier stage of evolution.
I feel like lsd is more intellectual, in that it causes me to question the nature of the universe. Shrooms seems more earthy and bodily, and I am drawn more to issues which pertain to the natural (physical) world.
I've had very profound experiences with both, but I would say that I prefer acid because I feel that it is much "cleaner" (as if, by being chemically synthesized it has been purified, with unwanted effects edited out). My stomach and body feel slightly poisoned on shrooms; I feel like my body is fighting a toxin. I also feel that while hallucinations/visuals etc are more pronounced on shrooms, there is more euphoria with acid (and I love euphoria above all).
[ 12 March 2002: Message edited by: fairnymph ]

yeahi am gonna try shrooms soon cause it seems fun and i liek the whole trippy experience! but i am gonna take 30 hits of acid at ounce this summer (is that safe)

How about both at the same time? You'll get your LSD "mindfuck" (I've grown to hate that term) along with that neat little shroom feeling you get in your body. If I had to pick one I'd go with LSD, just feels cleaner to me and I don't have to worry about poisonous ones when I'm eating blotter.
30 hits of acid won't kill you, but you might do some stupid shit. Don't do it in public and have sober sitters just in case. Also if you're doing it just for bragging rights, like many people in my area do, you're just plain fuck'n stupid.

When I was younger I used to trip on acid a lot. But acid seems to be a drug that you mature out of. It's happened to me and most of my friends. You reach a point where you don't get anything new out of it.
The down points of acid to me are: It feels synthetic. It's very psychoanalytic--it's like taking a magnifying glass to your personality. Sometimes it doesn't take much to set off a bad trip--just move a rock in a certain way, and the whole mountain comes crashing down on you! And the trips can go on way too long...14-16 hours is just too much!
I love Magic Mushrooms! And with the way I take them, they always have something new to say. I'm not really into taking a low dose & going to a party. It might be fun, but you're missing the full effect of what 'shrooms have to offer, I say. I take them only 3-4 time a year, and in HIGH doses! And then I sit in a silent, dark room. You don't know what a 'shroom trip IS until you've done that. The mushroom seems to have a personality & intelligence all it's own. It will tell you stories, show you other worlds, take you through the evolution of our species...all kinds of amazing things like that. Acid pretty much lets you do what you want, but the Mushrooms seems to have a story to tell, some wisdom it wants to impart. While I'll often have an "Acid Hangover", 'shrooms leave me feeling revitalized and refreshed.
I'm not trying to say that doing acid is *bad*--Hell no! I've had some of the best times of my life on LSD! But to those of you who are down on 'shrooms, I say--try them again. But do it alone, in silent darkness, and try to have a "conversation" with the spirit of the mushroom. It might talk back to you, and that's when the fun begins!

I prefer LSD, I feel a bunches cleaner on a LSD trip than on a psilocybin trip. Psilocybin for me feels TOO organic sometimes, I feel dirty, like im a bum, etc, on LSD I feel sharp, clean, and most important, chemical. I just like that feeling over the dirty, grainy, psilocybin feeling.

I defenetly prefer LSD than mooshies, why? the tripp is longer, more visuals, never feel stomach ache or something like that on LSD,
I like mosshies too, but prefer acid, is more intense and less weird, i mean LSD is more trippy tho..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@CRC

ACID vs SHROOMS

For those of you that have tried BOTH of these - what are the similarities and differences, in your experience. For instance: duration, energetic or lazy feeling, visuals, giggles, music enjoyment, dancing, mind trips, "day-after" feelings, etc. Thanks

I think the difference is very hard to explain, as far as duration, with mushrooms your looking at an average six hours of tripping, some people cant sleep though for hours after the "trip" has subsided. Acid is going to be a full 12 hours of tripping. again this is all dose sensitive, so dont be worried if its been 15-18 hours even. Mushrooms are arguably less stressfull at low doses. even one hit of acid will cause some anxiety. Then again the accuall feeling of tripping could be described as anxiety-like. they are to different drugs, psilocybin and lsd...... just try them each at least a week apart.

Acid is a much more predictable and straight forward drug.
You take it, it kicks in within about an hour. There's generally a lot of energy associated with it. It has a stimulant effect. The visuals are always consistent and act accordingly to dose. The mental effects are generally consistent. There can be anxiety and paranoia associated with it, but for the most part it's a fun and giggles drug with lots of introspective thoughts. The first few times you use it, you tend to marvel at everything like you're rediscovering the world all over again.
Mushrooms are very inconsistent. The potency varies a lot. There are several different active chemicals involved and their levels vary which can alter some of the effects. The hallucinations are more bubbly and you notice curves.. where as acid usually causes sharp, riggid and angular hallucinations. The mental effects vary a lot. The entire high itself changes throughout the duration. Usually you go through phases where you feel energetic and enlightened, then there are phases where you feel like you could fall asleep and you yawn a lot. There are overwhelming feelings of being connected to the universe and being one with it. And time carries on forever.
Personally, I think LSD pales in comparisson to a good dose of shrooms. Shrooms just seem to be a much fuller experience and my body actually feels good the day after using them. LSD leaves me worn out and just doesn't quite do it for me like shrooms. Actually, LSD leaves me so worn out that I haven't used it for over and year and probably never would again.

I find the larger dose of mushrooms that I take the more depressed or worried I get after a trip.
Take this weekend for example, I dosed 2 dry grams, not all that much. After I got finished giggling and laughing I began to think of all my problems and how I was going to solve them. I began to worry, and felt a need to start right then and there on a solution. It wasn't that bad really.. uncomfortable yes but it was definetly bearable although it is sometimes so uncomfortable that I post-pone shrooming until I can get some benzos to take after the trip and just knock myself out.
No idea if this happens with acid.. never tried it.