• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

confirm my weed hunch

Citrus

Bluelighter
Everyone I know in Canada talks about two types of weed: "hydro" and "sess", the former being, of course, hydroponically grown indoors and the latter supposedly outdoor grown.
ENDLESS and I mean ENDLESS debates go on about which is better.
Now, is it just me, or has quality got NOTHING to do with the actual method of growing (hydro vs. sess) and EVERYTHING to do with the strain and delta-9-THC content?
- Citrus

sess in the UK is short for sensamilia (sorry about the spelling) which just means seedles. It is usually high grade seedles weed rather than kine. But wot is in a name? a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Hydro doesn't have to be grown indoors. It can be grown anywhere as long as the roots are in water hence the name Hydro(water)ponics. Sensemilla is just the name of a female marijuana plant which has no seeds. They are more potent because they have more THC content due to the fact that they don't have to produce seeds so all the energy that would have been used to make seeds goes into more THC production. I wouldn't say that one is better than the other cuz Sensemilla can be grown hydroponically.
Mike
------------------

I know that whenever I smoke kb with morons, they ask me if it's hydro. I think a lot of dorks just think that hydro = kb.

Citrus,
You must be in Ontario.
Hydro can be any number of indoor strains. It is generally an indica, with a beat-down couch lock stone.
Sess is an imported outdoor strain with a light, uplifting high. Toronto area Jamaicans prefer "sess" because of it's energetic high.
As far as the arguement over which is better, it's a matter of preference. Sess provides a "head high", and hydro generally a body high. You feel more stoned off of hydro, but sess allows you to actually do shit other than sit on the couch.
In the real world, hydro is a method of growing (without soil). Sess (sensi) means without seed. Most weed is grown as sensi, because it's those unseeded sticky buds that produce larger yields and more potent bud.

Yup, I'm in Ontario
See skydigger, that's what I'm saying - in the REAL world, weed can be both hydro (hydroponically grown) AND sess (without seeds) at the same time...or neither.
That's why those categorizations you gave me (body stone vs. "head" high) are just BS - because they aren't correlated to the actual strain (strength or type of high) of the weed.
- Citrus
P.S. I guess this is no worse than Americans who talk equal BS about "schwag",
"mids/commercial" and "KB"

Hydro and Sess aside, there are basically two types of pot. Indica's and Sativa's.
Most commercial strains are indica's (because they yield more pot in a shorter growing period than sativa's). Indica's generally provide a couch lock body high.
Sativa's are taller, yield less and take longer to grow. The sativa high is uplifting and energetic. A good sativa will stimulate your brain, and provide little buzz in your body.
Most pot connoisseurs prefer sativa's. However, sativa's can be powerful. They can cause heart palpitations and paranoia.
There is so much misinformation out there, with all of the slang names, and various strain types it's kind of hard to know what is what.

Thanks for that info Skydigger
biggrin.gif

------------------
"So modify this third rock from the sun, by painting myraids of pictures with the colors of one"

Hey Skydigger, good info...
I was wondering if you know WHY these two strains produce different highs? Is it different delta-9-THC levels? Or other cannabinoids that maybe one has in greater proportion to the other?
- Citrus

You got it.
THC is the MAIN cannabinoid that gets you high, it's not the only one.
Sativa's have a higher concentration of another cannabinoid (I forget which one).
I grew Skunk#1 for a couple of years. It is 75% sativa and 25% indica. It's pretty fun when you grow it yourself and you get to sample pot that realizes it's potential.
Grow it and cure it properly and it tastes sickly sweet and gets you high beyond belief. You can really tell the difference when you are used to smoking commercial indica's and then you sample something like this. It's almost like you can feel 75% of the high in your head and 25% in your body.
When I smoke commercial weed I try and feel the high and see if I can notice ANY sativa influence, but I rarely do. Most of it just makes me stoned for a little while and then I get tired. A good sativa will keep you awake.
I've noticed other threads recently where people are carving weed, talking about how it makes them uncomfortable. The reason is partly due to the fact that they are smoking commmercial indica's that are full of fertalizers.
That's why you have to do it yourself, and EVERYONE can find a strain that suits them.

Well said.
------------------
misc. etc.--more addictive than smack
(http://brittney.pitas.com)

weed, talking about how it makes them uncomfortable. The reason is partly due to the fact that they are smoking commmercial indica's that are full of fertalizers
That is bullshit.
It's also bullshit to think that commercial pot is even close to being a pure indica or sativa.

You've obviously never smoked any weed that has been properly cultured, crackhead. Otherwise you wouldn't be so ignorant.
MOST commercial strains are nearly all indica, due to high yield. Nowhere did I suggest that sativa's are commercial.
There are loads of pure indica strains out there, and next to no pure sativa's.

We can go back and forth all day about how pure of a strain commercial pot is. In the US, most of it is a grab bag of many types and ultimately it's just South/Central American junk hybrids.
What's up your ass? Sounds like your a little uncomfortable. Lay off the ferilizer. heh...
the Crackhead.