• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Crack Cocaine - Freebase Megathread

I'm spitballing here but cocaine, being an alkaloid, should form salts with all sorts of acids, not just HCl.

Cocaine base 303.353 g/mol
Fumaric acid 116.07 g/mol
To form cocaine fumarate presumably you need 2:1 molar ratio of cocaine:fumarate.(So, 606.6d cocaine base and 116g fumaric acid, or 191mg fumaric acid per 1000mg cocaine base.
To form the hemifumarate use 1:1 instead. or 303.3g cocaine to 115g fumaric acid, pt 382 mg fumaric acid per 1000mg.
Prepare the salt by dissolving the cocaine base in diethyl ether or anhydrous acetone to make one solution, and the fumaric acid in ether or acetone to form a second solution. Then mix the two solutions and place in the freezer, collecting the precipitate of cocaine (hemi)fumarate.
You could also use eg. maleic acid, succinic acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid, and others if you adjust for the molecular weight of the acid used, and the number of acidic protons (citric has 3 acidic protons instead of 2, and ascorbic has 1)
Or you can also just mix the acid and cocaine base in water and heat to dissolve, although the yield may be lesser due to some hydrolysis of cocaine to benzoylecgonine. This is what is normally done to make crack injectable (using ascorbic acid in excess usually)

Sure it can be made (well at least I don’t know why it wouldn’t be possible) but is it any good in that form I wonder? How properties as solubility change and as important, cuz it is coke, when snorted does it stay as “tasty” as HCl.

Hi - read le junk's guide to freebasing - can anyone give me advise on when to stop adding ammonia solution? He mentions freebase of the impurities will form first, then the coke will begin to form - is there any telltale sign to tell me its no longer the adulterants but the coke that is precipitating?

In practice most cocaine will have very few to no impurities aside from maybe benzoylecgonine (breakdown product with water) unless cut by an unscrupulous dealer.

Generally speaking once the pH stays solidly alkaline (does not change after adding more ammonia) the precipitation will be complete,

In practice most cocaine will have very few to no impurities aside from maybe benzoylecgonine (breakdown product with water) unless cut by an unscrupulous dealer.

Generally speaking once the pH stays solidly alkaline (does not change after adding more ammonia) the precipitation will be complete,
Thanks for the reply - lets say worse case scenario I have some stepped on gack and the impurities form, how would I tell the difference between the freebase precipitate and the cuts?

I'm in the UK and most stuff here is stepped on - most common cut is ephedrine. I've used reagents on my last 6 pickups and all tested positive for it.

You can get a crude idea by looking up the pKa of the alkaloids in question. Ephedrine's pKa is 9.6, cocaine is 8.5 (pKa is the pH where 50% is freebase and 50% is salt, pH above it means more base (2 units above means 99% base), pH below means less (2 units below, means 99% is salt,).

So in principle cocaine will precipitate first, then ephedrine. But in practice you will not get complete separation.

However, ephedrine base is apparently soluble in water, and cocaine is not, so presumably the precipitate is mostly cocaine.

In addition, cocaine dissolves into petroleum ether (aka naptha, hexane, heptane) but ephedrine base does not (AFAICT), so you could dissolve the crude cocaine base in pet ether, filter, and evaporate. But that should not be necessary.

Ref: SWGDRUG info for pseudoephedrine, and Google searches.

Last edited:
Can I use ammonia at 2% to freebase? There is any chance to concentrate the ammonia solution? Freezing it maybe?

The crude base is dirty cocaine with some xylocaine and others alkaloids

Crack it's the pure cocaine in base form

crack is in black hood, freebase is in white hood

crack is lower quality freebase with cuts, freebase is base of high purity made by ammonium

crack is freebase coke

what’s correct, depends when and where you are some other definitions too are used

The crude base is dirty cocaine with some xylocaine and others alkaloids

Crack it's the pure cocaine in base form

crack is in black hood, freebase is in white hood

crack is lower quality freebase with cuts, freebase is base of high purity made by ammonium

crack is freebase coke

what’s correct, depends when and where you are some other definitions too are used
Im sorry to say so, but crack is the impure version of freebase, freebase is cooked with ammonia which cleans out most cuts, the purity of freebase is between 78% and 99%.

Crack is cooked with baking soda which cleans out less cuts than ammonia and the baking soda is still present in the end product - the max purity of crack is around 73% to 76%.

It seems that sudamérica got the things upsidedown. Here the crude base it's the cheap bad shit and the crack it's the rich people drug

Im sorry to say so, but crack is the impure version of freebase, freebase is cooked with ammonia which cleans out most cuts, the purity of freebase is between 78% and 99%.

Crack is cooked with baking soda which cleans out less cuts than ammonia and the baking soda is still present in the end product - the max purity of crack is around 73% to 76%.
He's right - you can tell just from the colour alone. Cocaine freebase is pure white, whereas crack usually has a yellow-brown colour. These are impurities.

If washed with hot water the freebase made with baking soda can be 99% too.

-GC

I see a lot of people posting here "I have been sober for X years and we ..." If you are sober and have beat this thing, why are you filling your mind with it by read and writing here? Is that not asking for a relapse?

I also see tons of people posting and answer to a question "I don't really know, I only did X one time, but let me proceed to guess." why comment when you are just putting uninformed trash where people are trying to find info?

If washed with hot water the freebase made with baking soda can be 99% too.

-GC
No it cant, the official max purity of crack is about 76%, google it before you make such claims, first of all baking soda doesnt clean out many cuts and second the baking soda is left in the crack, how can it ever be 99%???

My source for the max purity of crack is jellinek.

No it cant, the official max purity of crack is about 76%, google it before you make such claims, first of all baking soda doesnt clean out many cuts and second the baking soda is left in the crack, how can it ever be 99%???

you're incorrect mate - properly made crack with baking soda can have zero baking soda left in the rock if cooked 100% properly - there's no doubt whatsoever about that

there are also plenty of cuts that base out in ammonia too (including levamisole and some of the other 'caines), although ammonia was always my go-to for cooking, beats the hell out of bicarb cooks for sure (my cooks anyway) - but what you have asserted so confidently above is completely wrong I'm afraid - so perhaps it could be you who needs to check their sources of information friend

Did you read my quoted post at all?? Yes it can, I’d advise you strongly to do the same. If you had any clue what YOU were talking about you would know hot water washes clean out all the baking soda. (Sodium bicarbonate is highly soluble in water.) And in fact baking soda will be less likely than ammonia to freebase other active cuts, so technically the baking soda freebase with multiple hot water washes is actually going to have a better chance of higher purity than the same method with ammonia.

Kinda cute that you think this information is available via Google too 😂

Now instead of telling someone to google something actually provide real facts.

-GC