View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cross Tolerance DOC - MDMA

Achten

Bluelighter
I take MDMA once a year or so, and August 29th is the day this year.

Would doing something like 250mcg DOC a week before (August 22nd) have any influence on the MDMA-trip ?

I figure not really because of the low dose and the 7days in between. But I'd like to be sure because MDMA is a once a year thing for me.

Thanks knowledgeable people !

i used to take mdma right after doing DOC practically daily for a few weeks, you should be fine.

There shouldn't be much, if any, cross-tolerance as MDMA works by releasing endogenous serotonin whereas DOC and psychedelics in general bind directly to serotonin receptors - different mechanisms of action. That's why MDMA can result in a nasty comedown - it actually depletes the happy chemicals in your brain rather than (sort of) mimicking them.

As a rule of thumb, drugs which share effects share tolerance to those effects. Since the two drugs have only slight overlap and the DOC dose is very low I would expect no problems.

I recommend against the combination. Both DOX and MDMA cause seizures sometimes followed with death in recreational settings. Combining both of these drugs could increase these risks.

DOC has significant affinity for the serotonin transporter, so should produce tolerance to MDMA in a manner similar to SSRIs. However this tolerance should be minimal given that it's a one-time dose a week before, and ESPECIALLY given that 250ug DOC is pretty much a threshhold dose for psychoactive effect. You should have no issues.

Like Steamboat mentioned, it probably would not be a good idea to take the two simultaneously--though that doesn't appear to be what you intend.

I recommend against the combination. Both DOX and MDMA cause seizures sometimes followed with death in recreational settings. Combining both of these drugs could increase these risks.
Just quit hating on DOx drugs. LSD can also cause seizures, but I bet you wouldn't tell people who are going to candyflip that they might sieze up and die...

The Neurohospitalist said:
Hallucinogens Causing Seizures? A Case Report of the Synthetic Amphetamine 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Chloroamphetamine[DOC]

Mark J. Burish, MD, PhD
Katie L. Thoren, PhD
Maura Madou, MD
Shahed Toossi, MD
Maulik Shah, MD

Department of Neurology, University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA

Mark J. Burish, UC San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0114, Room M-798, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA. Email: *****{at}ucsf.edu

Abstract

Although traditional hallucinogenic drugs such as marijuana and lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) are not typically associated with seizures, newer synthetic hallucinogenic drugs can provoke seizures. Here, we report the unexpected consequences of taking a street-bought hallucinogenic drug thought to be LSD. Our patient presented with hallucinations and agitation progressing to status epilepticus with a urine toxicology screen positive only for cannabinoids and opioids. Using liquid chromatography high-resolution mass spectrometry, an additional drug was found: an amphetamine-derived phenylethylamine called 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloroamphetamine. We bring this to the attention of the neurologic community as there are a growing number of hallucinogenic street drugs that are negative on standard urine toxicology and cause effects that are unexpected for both the patient and the neurologist, including seizures.

Your saying I shouldn't share facts supported with objective evidence on the risk of fatality associated with DOX chemicals? I have noticed several users (including you) repeatedly deny the risks associated with DOX chemicals. Oddly none of the people commenting against me support those claims with objective evidence. Given the prevalence of DOX use, seizures followed with death get reported with relative frequently.

I am not saying people shouldn't use DOX chemicals. I am saying if people use DOX, they should make the decision understanding most DOX chemicals share the same pharmacological profile as NBOMe drugs, result in fatal overdoses with the same toxicological findings as NBOMe overdoses, and these chemicals get associated with complications abnormally frequently in general.

If people misunderstand the risks of DOX usage the psychedelic community could suffer another complex problem such as the NBOMe situation. This needlessly makes what most of the psychedelic community does look dangerous, fuels the drug wars of previous generations, and is a major problem.

Well, I won't support the drug wars. I support honest information and tolerance. Now, could you please provide me with objective evidence from the recent data set (last ~10 years) showing seizures from LSD associated with death?

Last edited:
OP will take the drugs a week apart though, and the DOC dose is very low. this doesn't exactly qualify as a "combination" in my opinion.