• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Crushing Concerta

polyboss

Bluelighter
So I looked around and it looks like scoring them and removing shell (eat the shell) then removing the time release brown part and then crushing the rest is the best way to ingest concerta. This is if you want an IR version of methylphenidate. I was just prescribed this even though I asked for Vyvanse or Adderall instead. I'll see if this works but next time I'll probably push harder, if y'all think that's a good idea. The doctors seem to really prefer concerta even tho not all generics are equal. I have alvogen generic rn, despite asking for Actavis at the pharmacy (the only equivalent generic bc it has an OROS pump). It's been a day of not really getting what I need. Atleast they're trying some type of stimulant, it's been a long time coming.

My questions are:
What's wrong with throwing them in a pill crusher, crushing all of it, then putting it on a split piece of toilet paper and parachuting? It just seems a lot simpler. Am I missing something? Is the time release part not good to ingest without the wax to contain it? Will I have any adverse reaction if I do this? and is it more like Adderall when I do crush it up?

Answered my own question, second pill and my pill crusher broke LMAO... I just ordered a mortar and pestle so that will do it

Hello. I abused concerta for a long time. Abusing the concerta hurt me more than street amphetamines or even as much as meth. (Severe progression of Adhd Ocd and Depression symptoms ). Amphetamine would make more sense to me than doing this. Melt the outer layer of the concerta by holding it under your tongue. You'll feel the numbness in your tongue. It contains a good amount of methylphenidate. And methylphenidate can be much stronger than you think for someone who does not have a stimulant tolerance. Then the coffee-colored part is removed by cutting with the help of a knife. Only the white part remains. You will see that there is a layer of wax around the white part. Peel off this layer completely with the help of a knife. Concerta adhesive was also placed inside the active substance to prevent abuse. The fastest way of absorption in this case will be sublingual. Pay attention to oral hygiene With too much use, sores may appear on the tongue.

So I looked around and it looks like scoring them and removing shell (eat the shell) then removing the time release brown part and then crushing the rest is the best way to ingest concerta. This is if you want an IR version of methylphenidate. I was just prescribed this even though I asked for Vyvanse or Adderall instead. I'll see if this works but next time I'll probably push harder, if y'all think that's a good idea. The doctors seem to really prefer concerta even tho not all generics are equal. I have alvogen generic rn, despite asking for Actavis at the pharmacy (the only equivalent generic bc it has an OROS pump). It's been a day of not really getting what I need. Atleast they're trying some type of stimulant, it's been a long time coming.

My questions are:
What's wrong with throwing them in a pill crusher, crushing all of it, then putting it on a split piece of toilet paper and parachuting? It just seems a lot simpler. Am I missing something? Is the time release part not good to ingest without the wax to contain it? Will I have any adverse reaction if I do this? and is it more like Adderall when I do crush it up?

My questions are:
If the Concerta dose is high, it causes severe tachycardia in abuse. Heavy smoking makes use worse. I don't think it's worth the back rebound effects. But give it a try and decide for yourself.

Hello. I abused concerta for a long time. Abusing the concerta hurt me more than street amphetamines or even as much as meth. (Severe progression of Adhd Ocd and Depression symptoms ). Amphetamine would make more sense to me than doing this. Melt the outer layer of the concerta by holding it under your tongue. You'll feel the numbness in your tongue. It contains a good amount of methylphenidate. And methylphenidate can be much stronger than you think for someone who does not have a stimulant tolerance. Then the coffee-colored part is removed by cutting with the help of a knife. Only the white part remains. You will see that there is a layer of wax around the white part. Peel off this layer completely with the help of a knife. Concerta adhesive was also placed inside the active substance to prevent abuse. The fastest way of absorption in this case will be sublingual. Pay attention to oral hygiene With too much use, sores may appear on the tongue.
You point out a whole lot of negatives. I am talking low dose. Like one 18mg taken normally then one crushed up and also swallowed. But I understand. I'm looking for ADHD relief myself and I didn't think this would be enough.
I'll give sublingual a shot and lyk how it goes. I'm taking a break till Monday tho!

These pills are osmotic, you can put them into water and wait some hours, the stuff inside the capsule will take up water and leak into the water in a gel. You should then be able to evaporate the water or just drink it if you want the whole 18mg at once.

I was in the same situation, they didn't want to prescribe me IR pills but I liked to be able to extend the duration of the concerta.

These pills are osmotic, you can put them into water and wait some hours, the stuff inside the capsule will take up water and leak into the water in a gel. You should then be able to evaporate the water or just drink it if you want the whole 18mg at once.

I was in the same situation, they didn't want to prescribe me IR pills but I liked to be able to extend the duration of the concerta.
Unfortunately only the actavis generic and brand name are osmotic. Not sure if the normal extended release is any different tho. I'll give it a try

Unfortunately only the actavis generic and brand name are osmotic. Not sure if the normal extended release is any different tho. I'll give it a try
Oh sorry, messed that up. XR isn't osmotic probably, when it's little balls then it isn't. The osmotic capsules have a laser cut hole on one end. When it's balls just crush them, my mom's tea mortar did a good job :)

Oh sorry, messed that up. XR isn't osmotic probably, when it's little balls then it isn't. The osmotic capsules have a laser cut hole on one end. When it's balls just crush them, my mom's tea mortar did a good job :)
Well it's alvogen concerta. It has a Lazer drilled hole, the brownish part to release, and then the sticky powder layer. The coating is definitely active too. Only really missing a layer by it's appearance. I got myself a nice mirror though and it definitely helps. I get a mad stomachache when I take them whole

Well it's alvogen concerta. It has a Lazer drilled hole, the brownish part to release, and then the sticky powder layer. The coating is definitely active too. Only really missing a layer by it's appearance. I got myself a nice mirror though and it definitely helps. I get a mad stomachache when I take them whole
This is an osmotic one. Yeah, the layer contains a part of the dosage which gets released immediately because the osmosis needs some time to start releasing.

If you wish to cut the pill in half more easily you can use a cheap cigar cutter. You can also use the cigar cutter for the shell, just don't try to not cut the pill and put enough pressure to get cracks in the shell.

Be very wary of your fingers though! Put the pill in the cigar cutter and close the cutter enough to hold the pill then apply pressure. I do find this method a lot more safe than using a knife though.

with Jans....n alza 18, alza 36, take combines-pliers, put lenghtwise then apply pressure slowly and you will see outer layer cracking(then easily peel of with nails, but don't throw it take that sublingual it contains 22% MPH),
If you wish to cut the pill in half more easily you can use a cheap cigar cutter.
then this is a way ti get rid of brown stuff,
The plastic that is arround MPH is last
With scalpel or knife, cut border( you have side that is wax-plastic free, as you cut it in half) so the other side is still in plastic that's the border you cut.
And then it should be easy to peel the rest of it
Normaly in 36 mg pill there is still two colors and white is harder to crush in powder so swallow that and the other if insuffilated which is good for 30 mins
than crash.
I did this couple times to see, cause we don't have Ritalin or any MPH instant, and if you want a experience take 3 of them sublingual till outer layer is gone then wash it with coffie

Yeah, been taking Concerta for a couple months now. The little bit info I found online through Google searches I always thought the "white layer" was the white one INSIDE the white outer shell. My god I have thrown away hundreds of those to get to the inside. Just today I found out how misguided I was and placed one intact 36 mg under my tongue and felt the numbness and even a little pep which surprised me because I have a stim tolerance. Wow. Crazy.