• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cryptix420: "MXE addicts justifying their abuse"

I have used various drugs for 20 years and for me MXE was just like booze and weed when it came to using/abusing on a daily basis.....and unfortunately I liked doing all of them together with a few benzos thrown in.....I'd love to think I could order some again and just dab once in awhile, but I LOVE this substance.....

I'm not justifying anything :) It's fine that you choose to go without pain meds, I get it, you're so badass. Fact is that they are created so that you don't need to feel pain, you can meditate all you want but you will still feel pain. I bet you under go surgery without anesthetics because you don't believe in them. Good on you. Why should I have to justify taking the easy way? I don't. Meds work for me, so I take them. That's that.

BTW, im also ADD, and you can learn to relax and center yourself without ritalin for god sake.

and yes, everything is within. depression is within and its only you who can change that, no drug will ever help.

First - I will admit that I went a bit off the walls on my last post. I hadn't had a taste of MXE since January 2014 until a few weeks ago........Plus with MXM appearing and seeming interesting, I decided to see what was going on with my fellow MXE heads out there in the Universe. Here's a little background - maybe it will help you understand why I'm so thankful that this Compound came into existence....

I will openly admit, MXE is Addictive in ONE way - It's goddamn mother fucking FUN as shit. Even if you're super tolerant to Dissociatives, which I am from multiple 30-40+ day DXM Binges in my past - you will still notice a 10-15mg bump in the morning and be in a great mood all day and beyond even. If you stay hydrated, you will have a nice afterglow for days, sometimes even weeks after your MXE travels. I actually wake up feeling happy sometimes. It gives me the self confidence that I never learned to do the things I've always wanted to do, but was too scared to do. Used in a controlled, clinical setting - not just MXE chaos like how I like it - this compound could give people a new perspective on life and themselves. MXE taught me to value myself, and to be proud of who I am. I feel as if this drug has taught me so many lessons - it would take pages to post about. I have a STACK of full notebooks of writings, poems, rhymes, drawings, art, paintings - all varieties of self expression that I was too scared to try. I don't need MXE to do these things that I always wanted to do anymore. I do them because I gradually gained confidence in myself and my abilities and I now get to do what I always wanted to in life, but was too scared to do. I genuinely believe that using MXE - along with some form of Opiate Replacement, and Therapy - There is TRUE Potential to change lives. It changed mine.

I've had a very dark life. I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness from birth and forced to be a part of their beliefs, teachings, and religion until I was old enough to move out of my Parents home at 18-19. I was not allowed to associate with anyone who was not a Jehovah's Witness - and to my luck, there were no kids close in age and interests - so I literally spent the first 12-13 years of my life alone. At school, every year, I had to tell my Teacher and any Student who tried to interact with me that I was not allowed to talk to them unless it was required. I never celebrated Christmas, My Birthday, Halloween - No Holidays, Nothing. I grew up inside of a bubble created by my Parents.

Dissociatives and Psychedelics were my Mental Learning Curve on the Reality of the Current Human State. I literally felt like Jim Carrey in "The Truman Show" if you've ever watched that movie. My parents told me when I was 8 years old that I would never have to worry about getting a job, or having a career - don't listen to what they teach in school, the Bible is all that matters because we're in the End Of Day's and God is going to come and Destroy All of the Evil People who don't worship Jehovah by the time I'd be old enough to get a Job, or learn what life really is about. I believed until the age of 20 that every day could be the end of the world. I would frequently wake up in the middle of the night with full blown Panic Attacks thinking I was dying or being punished by God for leaving the Religion. The way I was taught to live and look at life fucked me up so bad when I came out of my bubble and into the harsh reality of daily life, that it was too much for me to deal with.

I couldn't believe how evil human beings were to each other. I was lost without a clue what life really was - all I knew was that I hated being Alive because the Reality of the REAL world was too much for me to handle. After being Used, Abused, and Thrown away like trash by multiple "friends" and an early 20's ex-wife - I became addicted to Heroin - and not in the normal way where someone offers it to you and you try it, or you're around people who are doing it. I fucking new that H was supposed to take all the pain of life away and I sought that shit out. I was addicted to Heroin for 3-4 years, got clean, got in a car accident during a relapse, fractured 2 vertebrae in my spine right where they attach to your tailbone......and got put on 40mgs of Oxycontin daily after being clean for 6 months to a year.

Ran out of doctors willing to prescribe to me because I smoked weed. Went back to Heroin for another year +. I finally got myself somewhat together via getting into an Addiction Treatment Program and starting on Suboxone, after 6 months I switched to Subutex due to an allergy to the Naloxone. I absolutely HATE Buperenorphine. It makes me so fucking depressed all the time, even worse than my Depression prior to ever using a drug. MXE is the only thing that periodically helps make my life liveable and sometimes enjoyable. Ketamine has helped in the past when I had access, but it's just not as functional as MXE or as long acting. I am currently down to 2mgs of Bupe daily after starting at 24mgs daily. I'm also prescribed 30mgs of Diazepam and 1mg of Alprazolam daily. I don't even need to take any Benzo's when I'm using MXE - I feel like the Man that I've always wished I was capable of being. It gave me a 2nd chance at life and helped me hack into parts of my brain that needed repairing via being able to get over past events that had caused me great pain by analyzing them from a different perspective - a perspective where i felt safe to dive deep into my own inner thoughts. It has helped me more than LSD or DMT, which I have explored both equally. MXE is something special - to be respected, although it is hard at times - but it teaches an Addict the art of Self Restraint. It was exactly what I needed.

MXE teaches Opiate Addicts the Lessons they need to learn to not only quit using Opiates - but to be disgusted by them. Being around Heroin, or people sniffing Perk 30's and shit makes my skin crawl after years of using MXE.

I have literally taught my Brain to be disgusted by Heroin. Opiates are the most Negative Energy on this Planet - they Ruin Lives, and very few people even realize what they're getting themselves into until it's way too late. MXE is the most Positive Drug that I've ever done, it combats all of the negativity that years of Opiate Abuse created.
I'm writing this so you can understand why I appreciate MXE for what it's done for me. The time I've spent on MXE - over the past 3 going on 4 years now has been the best years of my life. I've learned more about myself, life, the true nature of reality - things I may have never learned had I never walked this path.

My previous post was made because I feel a connection to this compound because of the help it has offered me. I've had my crazy moments....Yes, I did used to just go in the B & D thread and bullshit and type out freestyle rhymes. I also could offer a vast amount of information about this compound to the right person who wanted to know what long term effects, negatives and positives....etc it can have in your life. It would make me a very happy Man if even one other person on this planet was helped by this compound the way that I was. It just came out in a grumpy, over the top way because the OP just seemed like an uneducated, inexperienced person, talking about something they had not fully or truly explored and really, had no understanding of. Sorry for the long post - but I wanted to put this out there for other people to stumble across and possibly give them some hope - not even that MXE is a Solution to Anything - just that there is HOPE to get clean off Heroin and Opiates in general one day. My intent was positive, even tho it came off as a rant. PEACE - Mr. Meowfish

Thank you for that meow fish......that was a very put together and non confrontational post.......

am very glad that it has had such a positive effect on your life....and maybe many more see the same results!

Wow Meow, that's pretty intense, I'm glad you've been able to come out of it as much as you have. It freaks me out the number of children who are born into some sort of negative indoctrination. That strikes me as so, so unhealthy to live a life where you are taught to fear contact with others.

I will openly admit, MXE is Addictive in ONE way - It's goddamn mother fucking FUN as shit. Even if you're super tolerant to Dissociatives.
Amen to that man. Sure, I don't get withdraws or really any side effects... but just sitting there toking some weed, listening to a good classical vinyl or what not, I always find myself thinking, "Damn, this would be way more fun if I was on some MXE..."

The drug always calls to you. It's not that it forces your attention, it seduces you instead.

In favor of cryptix: I've said it before and I'll say it as many times as I need to: The use of hallucinogens at a rate greater than 3-6 times per year is abuse. Period. There isn't any evaluative aspect here, I'm not making a normative claim about abusers being bad people or anything like that. People are free to do as they please, though, and, in favor of the MXE abusers, MXE is probably at least one of the most interesting drugs to become addicted to, unlike the boring opiates and stimulants.

That is a normative (establishing, relating to, or deriving from a standard or norm, especially of behavior) claim. I doubt you can back it up with medical literature, so what else are you basing it on? Regarding MXE, I would agree that it should be used sparingly. I take it once every few months...sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. However, I don't think my roughly once per month use of psychedelics should be construed as abuse.

I think MXE would have great value in psychotherapy. It always makes me feel happier and more compassionate toward others. It also gets me thinking about the significance of various things that happen in my life. You just need to keep it down to reasonable doses and not take it every damn day. I find it too heavy to take every day anyway. I'll keep it down to maybe once a week. It's not something I want to do all the time, but when I want to have a drug experience MXE fills the bill nicely with the least possible downside, except for maybe Cannabis. I use Cannabis frequently and MXE occassionally. I took it fairly frequently at first, due to the novelty of a new thing, but now I'm over the novelty and will only use it occassionally. The thirst and frequent urination are annoying. I can tell that my body has to work hard to metabolize it.

That is a normative (establishing, relating to, or deriving from a standard or norm, especially of behavior) claim. I doubt you can back it up with medical literature, so what else are you basing it on? Regarding MXE, I would agree that it should be used sparingly. I take it once every few months...sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. However, I don't think my roughly once per month use of psychedelics should be construed as abuse.

I'm not establishing, relating to, or deriving a norm of behavior. I'm outlining the structure of a choice that each one of us hast o make in regard to the use of psychedelic drugs, not establishing what choice ought to be made. But we need to be honest about why we're using psychedelics and what the potential dangers are. Psychedelics have often been held to have spiritual or psychological benefits toward the user. However, the nature of these benefits is such that use of psychedelics (or hallucinogens in general) at a rate greater than 3-6x a year will result in, at best, diminishing returns on these benefits, and, at worst, a complete reversal of such benefits into delusion, apathy, addiction, etc. Psychedelics are sui generis in the medical world in this sense: their mechanism of (healing) action is experiential and not physiological. Any healing benefits of psychedelics are primarily experiential: they derive from psychedelic states of mind teaching the user to modulate and regulate his consciousness in ways that are beneficial to his spiritual and psychological experience. Integration of these teachings in one's sober life is what determines the effectiveness or ineffectiviness. So time away from the drug is absolutely necessary for these healing potentials to be effective. And by 'time away' I don't mean one week, I mean at least a few months, and sometimes even years, to take the time to integrate any insights gained in the experience. Therefore, if you use psychedelics greater than 3-6x per year, you are engaging in hedonism and you are not using psychedelics primarily for their supposed spiritual or psychological benefits. That's what I meant by 'abuse': I see psychedelics has having way more potential than for recreation and hedonism; and I think so do many other people. But if you're using them in a way that's counter to that potential, then you've got to be honest with yourself about that.

Psychonauts, of course, have a different way of using psychedelics as a scientific undertaking, testing out novel compounds and documenting their effects. While much precious work is done on this front by people on this website, psychonauts need to be honest with themselves about the real effects their science has on their bodies and psyches. It's no longer going to be an effective healing tool if you're tripping once a week, even if you are doing valuable psychonautic work. But don't blend these two things in your mind. Being a psychonaut is not necessarily healthy, in the way that some of our great scientists sacrifice sleep and food in order to work at their results.

How do I back this up? Admittedly from mere experience. I've been on the scene for about a decade now, and without fail those who use psychedelics at a rate greater than 3-6x per year for any sustained period of time start having problems from psychedelics in one way or another: psychological issues, social issues, legal issues, etc. Most who use at that great of a frequency end up ceasing their use altogether after a few years and end up losing what they gained in the first place. YMMV.

I agree. However I think the rate which constitutes abuse is dependent on the individual. For me, I can trip once a month and derive benefits from it consistently. For some, 3-6 times a year may be too much. I depends on how your body and mind react to them. And to even say that if one uses a psychedelic for non-spiritual purposes (such as recreation) is abusing them is a questionable statement at best. Who are we to decide how a person should use something and what works for them? If you can use them at non-destructive levels for fun, and it doesn't hurt your life, I don't see how that's abuse. Different strokes for different folks.

I use them for both recreation and spiritual/personal development, for what it's worth. But here's been my experience. I began psychedelics with probably 6 trips spaced out over 4 years of college. Most of these were special, important trips, especially my first one. Then I found the world of research chemicals after college and began using them every other week, and had a number of important, transformative trips. Then I started using them once a week, then multiple times a week. At that point it became hedonistic and I began to see ramificiations in my life, mostly lack of sleep and too much focus on drugs. After I crashed, I didn't trip for about a year and then I started using them weekly again, mostly because it was fun. I was still abusing them because I was doing it more than I set out to do them. Through this process I became addicted to opiates for mostly unrelated reasons. At the height of this I did not trip for 3 years except for 2 random trips in there which were anxiety-filled.

Once I got off opiates in April, I started using psychedelics again and had some important emotionally clearing trips this summer which helped me to come to peace with some traumatic events that happened. Additionally, I haven't lost anything I've gained from them... the spirituality I discovered through psychedelics is still a part of who I am, though it was very difficult to feel or act upon while I was deep in opiate addiction. Right now I'm using them every 2-3 weeks in general though at certain times I have done them more often... for example at the music festival this summer I took them 3 days in a row. A lot of the time it's honestly just for social/recreational purposes, but I'm content with that, it's a legitimate reason to use them if you're into that. I was abusing MXE for a while too, every time me and my friends got together someone would want to do MXE so we'd do MXE... I realized that and chilled out on it. I enjoy being altered and I especially enjoy psychedelics so I have to watch myself, but for me, using them recreationally has not led to me stopping their use and losing what I gained, far from it. I feel psychedelic every moment of every day... it has become a valued part of me, and so as long as I don't go overboard, using them for fun only adds to that feeling, though it's not necessary for me to feel it. Life itself is a psychedelic experience.

I'm probably an unusual case, but psychedelics just really agree with my mind. Only I am able to determine whether my use is abuse. It certainly has been before and it could be again if I don't keep an eye on myself, but at this point it is not. I go through stages based on my analysis of how it's going for me. I'm sure I'll have more periods of weekly use in the future, and more periods of long breaks.

Last edited:
I have to ask you then, if 3-6 times a year is the maximum one can use psychedelics... what's the maximum one can use other drugs without it being abuse? I feel like that's a really arbitrary number.

Well the thing about psychedelics is that their biggest pro is life realizations and the like, so doing it as often as other drugs makes them lose their magic and main "selling point".

In my opinion, as said in either this thread or the MXE big and dandy, as long as your normal is sober, then you're fine. As soon as you need something in your system to feel normal it's a problem. And not even to fend off withdrawals or the likes. Just your regular. If your regular is oh I took my adderall today, so I need alcohol to calm down and relax when I get home, or I need it to sleep, that's it. I have a big day coming up so I need my adderall, my beta blocker, etc. It's about your mindstate.

Kind of vague, but I hope that gets the point across?

This is one of the main reasons I haven't ordered any MXE. I don't have a particularly addictive personality, but I smoke cigarettes and drink probably more often than I should. I also used to (about 3 year ago) heavily abuse cannabis. As such, I feel that MXE would quite possibly be too "moreish" for me. It hits all of the right receptors to have some serious addictive potential. I have zero dissociative tolerance, so having a gram of something only requiring a 20mg dose just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I'll stick with tryptamines and lysergamides. I moderate my usage of these quite well and they're nothing but a positive element in my life. The last thing I need is to possibly introduce a semi-psychedelic and habit forming drug into my life.

Oh yeah...the first time I ordered it was 10 grams, and I was fucking up after going through about 3 of them!!

A few weeks ago my MXE stash got stolen, along with my sweet Etizolam stash (another story). At first I was mad as hell, but now I think of it as a blessing in disguise. I had discovered the drug one month prior to the stealing, and took it almost daily, sometimes up to +140 mg a day. Two days before the event, I od'd on it -well, to be correct, it was a bad interaction with a good amount of alcohol. I really thought I was gonna die. The next day, I popped 35 mg at breakfast.

So, is MXE addictive? If you're prone to addiction and self destrcutive behavior, it can become one of the most dangerous substances there is, since it doesn't seem to have immediate side effects like empathogen comedown or whatever. In less than a week I thought I was stronger than it, and I almost died. Now I thank the a**hole who stole my stash :D

Does anyone remember Fenfluramine? something that DID go through clinical trials and was deemed safe.....well it was found that people that took it for a long term/regular basis had heart valves which were totally fucked.

the fact that mxe has no hangover and very little tolerance development makes it easy to use all the time. but truthfully we don't know if there are consequences to doing so or not until we know. so using it regularly at this point in history is a risk, maybe a slight one, but still a risk.

saying it is like K or Pcp isn't good enough, fenfluramine is "like" amphetamine and one is safe and one fucks your heart.

Before we can discuss abuse, shouldn't we establish what non-abusive usage is? Or do we just call all kinds of use abuse because we haven't figured out where to draw the line yet? It's so easy to call daily use of drugs like heroin abuse for example, but what if it's for genuine pain management? How about daily caffeine or nicotine? Even if it's just for recreation, is a daily glass of wine alcohol abuse? A daily bottle of vodka I would definately call abuse.

In short: What is the correct way to use MXE? I would like to hear your opinions before you start talking about abuse.

I'm not sure....I used it 3-4 times a week and that was abuse....I think, hard to tell because it was poly drug abuse cause I used it with booze weed and Benzos......my wife at the time wasn't cool with me using it ever...and she was fine with me smoking weed all day everyday

So I guess this is a loaded question... Different people have different views....in her eyes I could smoke all day everyday and that wasn't abuse but if I drank more than 4 beers than I was abusing alcohol ..... And any use of benzos or MXE was just unacceptable

Before we can discuss abuse, shouldn't we establish what non-abusive usage is? Or do we just call all kinds of use abuse because we haven't figured out where to draw the line yet? It's so easy to call daily use of drugs like heroin abuse for example, but what if it's for genuine pain management? How about daily caffeine or nicotine? Even if it's just for recreation, is a daily glass of wine alcohol abuse? A daily bottle of vodka I would definately call abuse.

In short: What is the correct way to use MXE? I would like to hear your opinions before you start talking about abuse.

That's a good question! I've been writing about this in my book and concluded it is not a hard and fast line between use and abuse. There are different advisable useage protocols for different treatments. It also depends on how cautious you are, what kind of risk you are willing to take, and let's be honest any use of any RC will always carry some degree of risk. Long-term daily use simply can not be advised. If you want to use it for chronic pain, find something else with a longer history. What are you trying to treat?