View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cryptix420: "MXE addicts justifying their abuse"

cryptix420

Bluelighter
it is sad to see so many addicts trying to rationalize and justify their usage of this dangerous and addictive drug.

I don't think there's any need for that cryptix. Most of this thread is ordinary discussion, most users are probably not addicted and MXE is really not that dangerous. I only use it six days a week and I can quit whenever I want.

So yeah, please don't post in threads if your only intention is to make inflammatory comments.

cryptix just do a line and chill. let go of all that negativitity built up inside you, you know you want to

it is sad to see so many addicts trying to rationalize and justify their usage of this dangerous and addictive drug.

You shouldn't assume others internal states and reasons for using are the same as yours are. You do realize clinical trials are underway in the US to get Ketamine approved for Treatment-Resistant Depression? I agree care must be taken and self-deception is always a risk, but some don't have access to K, or supervised administration. I do hope I'm not being the Kid Charlemagne of MXE, though.(I don't produce the stuff though)

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

True. :)

Then stay away from this thread, what's with the preaching? Anything and everything can be addictive, from masturbation to meth. And why do you call it "dangerous"? As long as you take it in responsible doses nothing bad will happen to you, and in fact MXE can be of therapeutic use in many settings, from relieving depression to combating withdrawals from opiates. The worst that can happen, in a conceivably irresponsible dose (by which I mean, excluding a case where some idiot eats a gram in one go or whatever) the worst that'll happen is you'll go delirious and have a horrible time for a few hours. Of course given that it's a dissociative without physically disabling properties (or not as disabling as ketamine anyway) you're liable to do things like walk into a speeding cement truck, but the drug per se seems pretty damn harmless if you've got half a brain and are using it in an appropriate setting and in appropriate doses, which by now are extensively documented.

Lol I seriously don't understand your post. You contribute no information, obviously dislike the drug, and you come in here and globally label us as addicts and arbitrarily call methoxetamine dangerous. In short, what the fuck are you doing in this thread in the first place?

[EDIT} Oh and for the record I'm not an MXE-head "rationalising his addiction". Last time I used this stuff was 3 weeks ago, used it the once, and before that was about a year ago if not more. I've got a considerable amount stashed away and feel no compulsion to use it whatsoever, so don't interpret my comments above as addiction talking. You've definitely got more of a problem than me mate.

You are right about one thing; my drug problem does seem to be more serious than yours, as if I had any MXE around it would be nigh impossible to resist taking any.

However, all the statements I have highlighted in bold are ones that I feel should be completely disregarded/viewed as false by any readers. Why, you ask? I have been to the hospital due to a seizure after ingesting (high quality & pure) methoxetamine. My dose was 50mg; I believe the bad reaction to be due to an interaction with the phenibut and diphenhydramine I also consumed in the same session. It was a very small dose of phenibut, and 25mg of benadryl. I was laying in bed having a great trip, enjoying some of the most pleasurable sensations ever introduced to me. Methoxetamine was a great favorite of mine, it is like euphoric brain candy in a bag...what else can one just redose on endlessly with seemingly no bad side effects?

Well the side effects came, about an hour after ingestion. I started to feel a very intense energy build up; it was not a good feeling. It had an edge to it, and it kept coming in waves. After a period of time, I began to wonder if I would be like this for the rest of my life (typical tripping brain at work, but also a real concern considering the RC status of MXE) and my fear began to build. I got out of bed (it's around 2am) and started walking around to shake off this weird twitchyness....it would not shake. Every time I would stop walking, the uncontrollable jerking would return. My nose would twitch, then my arm, then a shoulder, it was very similar to Parkinson's (my grandma was diagnosed with the disease, I remember how it looked...this also makes it more likely that I could be at risk) and I began to get a little panicky. A significant amount of time had passed, and this dark spell still had not passed. I called my girlfriend, told her I thought I had developed parkison's from taking MXE. She told me I was tripping and I did not have Parkinsons, and said she would come over.

When she got to my place, we laid down in bed, and she helped me to relax by taking deep breaths in and out. It was at this point that I took the benadryl, in an attempt to get to sleep. The 5-ht properties of benadryl did not cross my mind, regrettably. We laid there in bed, breathing in and out, for a solid half hour at least, until my girlfriend began to get worried too. Every few breaths, I would have an intense involuntary muscle contraction causing me to gasp for air, similar to when you are a kid and crying very hard.

Well I eventually fell asleep, for a short while at least. I was woken not an hout later by paramedics in my bedroom; according to my girlfriend, she woke up when I started viciously tugging on her hair and flailing my hands about in her face. She awoke to me frothing at the mouth and having a seizure, so she called 911.

An ambulance ride, tons of IV's, doctors not having a fucking clue what drug I am talking about..

Mostly though I realized when I was on MXE I was a completely different person, someone I didn't really care for very much at all. It turned my head into a brick while I was on it, and filled my days with endless hedonistic pleasure seeking dose after dose. And it's so damned cheap.

I don't think there's any need for that cryptix. Most of this thread is ordinary discussion, most users are probably not addicted and MXE is really not that dangerous. I only use it six days a week and I can quit whenever I want.

So yeah, please don't post in threads if your only intention is to make inflammatory comments.

only six days a week eh?

You shouldn't assume others internal states and reasons for using are the same as yours are. You do realize clinical trials are underway in the US to get Ketamine approved for Treatment-Resistant Depression? I agree care must be taken and self-deception is always a risk, but some don't have access to K, or supervised administration. I do hope I'm not being the Kid Charlemagne of MXE, though.(I don't produce the stuff though)

Let's be real; ketamine is never going to be used for depression. Sure, it's great while you're on it, but NO drug is going to fix your problems for you. Depression is caused by an imbalance in your life; and yes, it can be partially a chemical imbalance in the brain, but this is only a very small part of the whole picture.

As you said, self deception is always lurking....

Thank you Cryptix420, this is exactly the post I needed. We need more like u in the mxe big and dandy. Truth is mxe is the best most horrible drug i've ever taken. It is Satan's piss reincarnated. And i've just about had enough of it. One more redose. There. I'm done.

I only use it six days a week and I can quit whenever I want.

Sorry, can't tell - are you joking?

Let's not kid ourselves, this is a research chemical. It was first synthesized in, what, 2010? We DON'T KNOW the long term effects, and any of us who use the chemical, even once, are playing guinea pig. That's all there is to it. That doesn't mean I'm going to call it "Satan's piss reincarnated" (lol), and it doesn't mean I don't hold a high respect for the unique and fascinating compound, but it does mean that I'm taking a considerable risk by using it at all, let alone with any regularity.

Last edited:
Honestly, that cryptix420's well-due words of caution are met with a barrage of desperate and flustered attempts to defend MXE as harmless makes me a little bit ashamed to be a member of Bluelight. We need a serious attitude reevaluation here.

Interesting. You're getting rather emotional - it's clear this topic touches a sore spot with you. If you're not engaged in rationalization and self-deception, what do you have to be concerned about anyway? You're not the target of the criticism.

From what I can see, you're trying to argue that MXE is harmless when used alone and "responsibly", whatever that means. Is responsible use once per week? Once per month? At what dosage? What evidence do you have to back up the claim that MXE is harmless when used "responsibly"? The burden of proof is yours, not mine - it is assumed to be dangerous until demonstrated otherwise, not vice versa.

That people using MXE 6 days per week are making the claim that MXE is "really not that dangerous", when there has been absolutely no research on MXE's long-term effects (nor has any single human being been using MXE long enough to even begin to demonstrate "long-term effects") cries rationalization to me. I don't think cryptix's comment was out of line at all.

tac said:
Honestly, that cryptix420's well-due words of caution are met with a barrage of desperate and flustered attempts to defend MXE as harmless makes me a little bit ashamed to be a member of Bluelight. We need a serious attitude reevaluation here.

Isn't it kinda flip-flopping for one of our most drug-optimistic members to be supporting the cynics all of a sudden?

As for my view, it's #1 to keep the thread on topic, anti-mxe tangents aren't any better than pro-mxe ones. That said, I've stated before that dissociatives do a good job of deluding people into thinking they are providing psychological boons when they are in fact incredibly pernicious (at least, IME). Of course, not everyone is as prone to NMDA antagonist addiction as I am, and I can't tell people that they don't derive benefit from them.

Isn't it kinda flip-flopping for one of our most drug-optimistic members to be supporting the cynics all of a sudden?

Well, my main purpose is to ensure that the Bluelight community keeps an open mind to both positive and negative effects, because I think that, particularly in the case of MXE, there is great potential in both directions. It's incredibly important that we are realistic about drugs, because, not only are we helping ourselves by refraining from self-delusion, but we are promoting an intelligent and responsible image of ourselves to the world, which could someday free us from our undue persecution.

Sorry, can't tell - are you joking?
To clarify, while I think MXE is a pretty fantastic substance I've only used it 5 times in the last three months, of which three uses were less than 15mg.

I completely agree that there needs to be room for constructive criticism on bluelight but I do not think that cryptix's first comment fell into that category. I'm not even convinced that the blame fully lies with MXE but the contribution about the interaction is certainly a valid one.

Honestly, MXE is too addicting, especially for me. I have it right here in my bedroom and I just can't leave it alone. Especially since I have had 2 weeks off with nothing to do, I have been using MXE almost every day. I saw an interview with the creator of this substance (http://www.vice.com/read/interview-with-ketamine-chemist-704-v18n2) and he himself is saying it simply activates too much of the reward systems in the brain "the dopamine-reuptake inhibition, the NMDA antagonism, and the µ-opioid affinity." Don't get me wrong it's my favourite drug since I've tried it, and when I WANT to quit I can, and it's not at all difficult, but it certainly has the potential to create that mindspace where you just keep coming up with excuses on why it's a good idea to take more and more, like some people experience with weed but worse. In that regard, the drug is dangerous for some, combined with the fact that it's an RC

Let's be real; ketamine is never going to be used for depression. Sure, it's great while you're on it, but NO drug is going to fix your problems for you. Depression is caused by an imbalance in your life; and yes, it can be partially a chemical imbalance in the brain, but this is only a very small part of the whole picture.

I think depressive states can be the result of hard-wired states like aspergers, autism, as yet unnamed disorders, etc., and it's not like the world is waiting with open arms if you are somehow able to bridge the gap. So, again, don't assume you know what others are experiencing. There is a great deal we do not know.

Depression more often then not is part of other conditions yes... My ADD involves moodswings, low self-esteem, and bouts of depression as well. Medication like ritalin and such takes care of that, alot of people think it's wrong to use it, but for me, it's a difference of night and day and I can barely function in school/work without it. If you really feel something helps you, no-one else can tell you it doesn't, you're your own judge IMO

hello

read a post from some guy who'd just got some 'MXE' and tripped off an allergy test....seeing as they also seel n-bome( as well as various tryptamines and synth 'noids ) i wonder if that was the mix up

just thought i'd mention it :D

obvs can't name them, could all be a load of bollox and maybe my n-bome hunch is way off....but it was one of the better known and previously well respect vendors

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Cryptix420, this is exactly the post I needed. We need more like u in the mxe big and dandy. Truth is mxe is the best most horrible drug i've ever taken. It is Satan's piss reincarnated. And i've just about had enough of it. One more redose. There. I'm done.

Lol. You capture the essence of the MXE experience quite beautifully.

Let's not kid ourselves, this is a research chemical. It was first synthesized in, what, 2010? We DON'T KNOW the long term effects, and any of us who use the chemical, even once, are playing guinea pig. That's all there is to it. That doesn't mean I'm going to call it "Satan's piss reincarnated" (lol), and it doesn't mean I don't hold a high respect for the unique and fascinating compound, but it does mean that I'm taking a considerable risk by using it at all, let alone with any regularity.

My god, a voice of reason? Hear, hear!

Responsible use also entails being aware of potentially harmful interactions. We all know MXE doesn't play nice with a lot of drugs - so you discount as false my stating that in responsible doses, MXE (implicitly, MXE taken by itself) is harmless?

O....K....

When did you specifically state 'by itself'? I would go as far to assume that most people taking methoxetamine are also polydrug users; ergo there is an inherent risk of dangerous interactions.

What the fuck are you talking about man? If he'd started by saying that MXE is potentially dangerous because we don't know enough about its interaction with other drugs, then he'd have a very valid point which nobody would dispute. He had a seizure from mixing MXE with other drugs, and that leads him to make an all-encompassing and frankly offensive comment about junkies justifying their use of MXE.
NOBODY is saying MXE is harmless, not even me, I thought it was obvious (because there are multiple threads on this) that MXE can be dangerous when mixed with other substances. I didn't bother mentioning this in my original response because he made no comment about drug interactions, he was talking about junkie self-deception mechanisms regarding ONE particular substance taken ALONE.

"We need a serious attitude revaluation"? So you think totally biased, unsupported, offensive, defamatory claims are acceptable on Bluelight? Why don't you go write pamphlets for the DEA then and get the fuck off this website?

In regards to the first statement I've highlighted; please allow me to point out that I actually started with the 'all encompassing and offensive' comment (to get your attention, maybe?) and then lead in to why I made such a comment.

And wait a minute, what's this? You now say it is 'obvious' that MXE is dangerous when mixed with other drugs? From your earlier post -

"And why do you call it "dangerous"? As long as you take it in responsible doses nothing bad will happen to you, and in fact MXE can be of therapeutic use in many settings, from relieving depression to combating withdrawals from opiates. The worst that can happen, in a conceivably irresponsible dose (by which I mean, excluding a case where some idiot eats a gram in one go or whatever) the worst that'll happen is you'll go delirious and have a horrible time for a few hours."

And your last statement..is that how you feel about my contribution? Biased, unsupported, defamatory, and offensive? Well, I apologize if I have offended your e-go. Could you please elaborate on these other adjectives you have so kindly used to describe my experience?

As for my view, it's #1 to keep the thread on topic, anti-mxe tangents aren't any better than pro-mxe ones. That said, I've stated before that dissociatives do a good job of deluding people into thinking they are providing psychological boons when they are in fact incredibly pernicious (at least, IME). Of course, not everyone is as prone to NMDA antagonist addiction as I am, and I can't tell people that they don't derive benefit from them.

I am confused as to how anything related to MXE at all is a tangent? Isn't it the whole point? If we can't say pro-mxe things, or anti-mxe things, what is left?

To clarify, while I think MXE is a pretty fantastic substance I've only used it 5 times in the last three months, of which three uses were less than 15mg.

I completely agree that there needs to be room for constructive criticism on bluelight but I do not think that cryptix's first comment fell into that category. I'm not even convinced that the blame fully lies with MXE but the contribution about the interaction is certainly a valid one.

You are right; my first comment about satan's piss, and the following one about addiction were not constructive at all. They were more half-assed attempts at voicing what had happened to me while taking this substance; until I finally felt motivated enough to type the whole story.

I think depressive states can be the result of hard-wired states like aspergers, autism, as yet unnamed disorders, etc., and it's not like the world is waiting with open arms if you are somehow able to bridge the gap. So, again, don't assume you know what others are experiencing. There is a great deal we do not know.

So...are you autistic? I am missing your point. It would be ideal were a drug able to 'fix depression' but were you any kind of spiritual path you would know this is not now, never has been, and never will be the case. Happiness comes from within, not any drug or external source.

Happiness comes from within... to a certain point. If your brain is fighting you each step along the way it isn't natural. I'm pretty baffled by how medication and drugs are commonly accepted for physical illnes and the likes but if it's located in the brain according to most people you should deal with it on your own, happiness is a result of mental AND physical conditions and if you truly suffer depression you just can't beat that from "within". -Snip- Unnecessary.. ~Jesusgreen

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one get bent? Lol. So much hatred going around these days.

You direct your statement at me, but I do not believe in medication for physical reasons OR mental. I got hit by a car twice in the last 4 months while riding my bicycle. My shit hurt. Did I take pain medication? No; I stretched, did yoga, meditated as much as possible, got acupuncture, stretched some more, took turmeric & holy basil, ate healthy, and got good rest.

Your post feels like yet one more person trying to justify their drug use..