Crystals in eyeballs

Carinacrazychick

Bluelighter
So, this crazy chick exploring did a shit load of crystal. Then only my left eye started burning and flaring up. Took out contact lenses. And I swear I saw crystals in my eye, my eye ball ect. Thought maybe i scratched my eyes with some crystal left on fingers or something. Usually Ocd on hygiene when getting high, will spend hrs in bathroom cleaning making all sterilized.

Anyways this freaked me the fuck out. I literally saw crystals stuck between tear ducts and eyelashes.

I saw it under and in corners of eyeballs as if it got stuck behind eyeball. Has anyone experienced this?

So eventually I just popped some Xanax and went to bed.

Update: eye look normal , fuck tried looking but the diamond fairy decided to take her diamonds elsewhere. This was a very real and scary experience.

Ever heard of 'delusory parasitosis' where you fear you're being attacked by imaginary insects or even have them living under your skin?

This is a clear case of 'eyeball crystalisosis' that may or may not be real... 😜

But be careful with contact lenses and stimulants. Stimulants tend to dry out your eyes and also deplete oxygen levels - both very undesirable when you wear contact lenses.

Furthermore, I've found the eyes to be an exit point for many toxins which could be absorbed by the contact lenses and sit there doing more damage over a prolonged period of time.

Ever heard of 'delusory parasitosis' where you fear you're being attacked by imaginary insects or even have them living under your skin?

This is a clear case of 'eyeball crystalisosis' that may or may not be real... 😜

But be careful with contact lenses and stimulants. Stimulants tend to dry out your eyes and also deplete oxygen levels - both very undesirable when you wear contact lenses.

Furthermore, I've found the eyes to be an exit point for many toxins which could be absorbed by the contact lenses and sit there doing more damage over a prolonged period of time.
Yes!! I think I might have this delusory parasitic whatever, fuck I even freak out if someone touches me accidentally in a mall which I hate....puke.....
Yes, this might be it. Yes, my eyes always sensitive, will have to be careful with the contacts..
Thank you x

Seeing crystals coming out of the body in some way, most often the skin, is a common hallucination associated with meth use. In this case it happens to be your eye but all the same.

-GC

Seeing crystals coming out of the body in some way, most often the skin, is a common hallucination associated with meth use. In this case it happens to be your eye but all the same.

-GC

I'm not entirely convinced this is always a hallucination. I notice tiny "glistening" specks on my fingertips constantly.
In fact i'm looking at them right now, and i'm of sound mind, not in any way delirious as I sleep every night. I do use daily, but eat regularly and maintain normal hygiene.

Is it methamphetamine coming out of my skin? No. Meth being as water soluble as it is, wouldn't be able to do this, unless your physical makeup happens to consist of Weetabix.
Is it connected to meth use? Absolutely. Most likely just insoluble cutting agents or related byproducts. I'm not saying people don't have hallucinations that revolve around epidermal "meth excretions", just that there is some basis for why the illusion manifests in certain individuals.

The obvious answer would seem to be that you are hallucinating. However there was a thread here a couple years ago by somebody who seemed quite rational and skeptical who was having the same issue and that had me second guessing that assumption. I'll see if I can find the link.

But it's definitely not recrystalized meth. that's for sure... how were you using the meth? were you smoking it ? is it possible glass from the pipe got on your face maybe?

The obvious answer would seem to be that you are hallucinating. However there was a thread here a couple years ago by somebody who seemed quite rational and skeptical who was having the same issue and that had me second guessing that assumption. I'll see if I can find the link.

But it's definitely not recrystalized meth. that's for sure... how were you using the meth? were you smoking it ? is it possible glass from the pipe got on your face maybe?
Thank you very much for your reply. Appreciate it. No, I was snorting it. So, the rubbed my eyes and maybe there were shard on fingers sound logical.

Just don't touch your eyes or do anything to them. Have another person check them if you really think there might be something wrong, but it's more likely to be a hallucination as others said.

Also rubbing your eyes is terrible and actually damages them pretty badly (specially long term).

Just don't touch your eyes or do anything to them. Have another person check them if you really think there might be something wrong, but it's more likely to be a hallucination as others said.

Also rubbing your eyes is terrible and actually damages them pretty badly (specially long term).

Thank you, really appreciate

Just a thought, could these crystals that people are reporting be urea crystals? Urea is normally present in sweat and it's no surprise that sweating increases under the influence of stimulants. Also, I believe the urea concentrations in sweat are higher when kidney functions are compromised as per excessive use...

I just realized that these tiny specks could be meth. If your skin is dryer than normal from using, and it comes out in sweat, then what's to stop it from resolidifying on the surface once your sweat dries up?

Just a thought, could these crystals that people are reporting be urea crystals? Urea is normally present in sweat and it's no surprise that sweating increases under the influence of stimulants. Also, I believe the urea concentrations in sweat are higher when kidney functions are compromised as per excessive use...

I would just say more or less the same. You are producing a lot more sweat when you take stims. Have you ever have a look at you fingernails after having a binge maybe 2 or 3 days - they are as dirty as fuck even if you alone at home and do more or less nothing. Of course it could be a hallucination but when I look at me fingernails during or after a binge, they just look awful and dirty underneath. I don't know if that's true but it might be logical.

JJ

I just realized that these tiny specks could be meth. If your skin is dryer than normal from using, and it comes out in sweat, then what's to stop it from resolidifying on the surface once your sweat dries up?

If that were true you could collect crystal meth from your armpits. Would be better than a meth tree.

I'm sure there would be traces of meth in your sweat, but not enough to produce visible crystals. These are much more likely to be other salts (e.g. urea) that are excreted.

Hey OP! I think what you're experiencing is likely just a symptom of the Methamphetamine usage. I think people are often a little uninformed regarding how easily and quickly paranoia and delusion can set in with the use of stimulants. I've experienced it myself. It's not crazy to think that a person could accidentally get some crystals in their eyes. I bet there would be some irritation and maybe some pain, but we are talking about a very water-soluble substance here, so even if some did end up in the eye, it would be absorbed without causing extensive damage.

Keep in mind, medicine is often administered directly to the eyeball, like Cocaine for instance when used as a local anesthetic. I just mean to say that getting a substance in your eye, although not something to get in the habit of, is not generally a medical emergency.

Even if your the grandmaster of all tweakers IV’ing .5g shots the chances of consuming enough to see it on your skin is not possible. Most is excreted in the urine anyways.

If this phenomenon is real it’s gotta be crystals of something not drug related, such as urea. This would explain the ammonia smell that some hardcore tweakers can emanate.

-GC

Now you gave me new material to go research, makes sense. Thank you

If this phenomenon is real it’s gotta be crystals of something not drug related, such as urea. This would explain the ammonia smell that some hardcore tweakers can emanate.

-GC
I only ever see it on my fingertips. And they are tiny.
But yeah that would be my best guess also. Some sort of unmetabolized byproduct. Almost looks like a fine glitter.

As far as people smelling like ammonia, absolutely disgusting. 🤮

In heavy freebase circles in Florida, late 60s Users were stating they all had " crystals akin to coarse table salt " coming out of their skin and that it was very hard not to get caught up digging them out, which made one look like
" the looser of a ice pick fight ". One was fed up with doctors not believing and putting it off as probable hallucinations, so he dug up and filled a vial with them. The puzzeled Doc sent them to a lab, which stated in analysis report that " upon close examination we found dead pieces of epidermis..". Source: High Times