• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Delta 8 THC Megathread

Apparently these are kinda knew in the US. I walked into a random vape shop for a new coil and it smelled like weed in there, raised an eyebrow but then I saw a sign for Delta-8-THC. Apparently it skirts the hemp law like a loop hole (I live in a non-legal state). It's sourced from hemp and is put into carts/dabs/edibles. There's no D9THC, so it's legal. I was surprised I hadn't heard of this before.

I bought a cart and took 2 big hits. Supposedly at least 80% D8THC Tastes exactly like a real cart because they add terpenes and shit. Felt exactly like real THC in terms of throat and lung hit, coughed on 2nd hit.

The high is basically exactly like THC, but actually no real anxiety and its a little mellower, definitely feels like an indica.

Apparently D8THC is approximately 50-75% as potent as D9THC, but if you smoke enough you definitely get high. I guess it hits both CB1 and CB2 receptors. I was going to write a report but it's basically the same as real weed, just mellower and not as potent, so no point.

Pretty cool, wish I knew this sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently these are kinda knew in the US. I walked into a random vape shop for a new coil and it smelled like weed in there, raised an eyebrow but then I saw a sign for Delta-8-THC. Apparently it skirts the hemp law like a loop hole (I live in a non-legal state). It's sourced from hemp and is put into carts/dabs/edibles. There's no D9THC, so it's legal. I was surprised I hadn't heard of this before.

I bought a cart and took 2 big hits. Supposedly at least 80% D8THC Tastes exactly like a real cart because they add terpenes and shit. Felt exactly like real THC in terms of throat and lung hit, coughed on 2nd hit.

The high is basically exactly like THC, but actually no real anxiety and its a little mellower, definitely feels like an indica.

Apparently D8THC is approximately 50-75% as potent as D9THC, but if you smoke enough you definitely get high. I guess it hits both CB1 and CB2 receptors. I was going to write a report but it's basically the same as real weed, just mellower and not as potent, so no point.

Pretty cool, wish I knew this sooner.

Yea a lot sooner cuz it’ll be illegal here soon by the sounds of it :(

-GC

Yea a lot sooner cuz it’ll be illegal here soon by the sounds of it :(

-GC

Kinda pisses me off, I think I actually enjoy d8 more than d9.

These 95% d8 carts get me pretty damn high without the anxiety. I kinda want to try some edible d8.

They are still selling it at this shop I go to. I guess the cops haven't said anything to them yet.

Delta 8 THC is a minor constituent in cannabis. It is purported to possess lower affinity for cannabinoid receptors than delta 9 THC, and as such, is described as being less potent and less anxiogenic. It can be produced from hemp and is not federally scheduled.

I bought a solution of it that purports to contain it at a concentration of 10mg/ml. Apparently it is a legitimate product, but it is a clear liquid which makes me think its just some synthetic cannabinoid.

Anyone try delta 8 THC products? How did it compare to delta 9 THC? What is the potency difference on a mg to mg basis?

I'm afraid I can't help you, but I do know @Xorkoth was vaping some the other day, maybe he can chime in?

Been seeing this stuff everywhere! I don’t know anymore than what I learned on google. But yes, It does have some therapeutic/recreational uses, bur with all things results will vary

Well I took 10mg. It seems to be about 1/5th as potent as delta 9 THC on a mg to mg basis which doesn't seem great. I am quite sensitive to delta 9 THC, and 10mg of that would get me very stoned (i usually take 5mg). I barely feel 10mg of this at all.

appparently this is much less centrally active, in children it acts as an antinauseant but does not appear to produce typical THC side effects (hunger, anxiety/euphoria, etc).
[ref]

see also

Hollister, L. E., & Gillespie, H. K. (1973). Delta-8- and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol; Comparison in man by oral and intravenous administration. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 14(3), 353–357. doi:10.1002/cpt1973143353
claims it is about 2/3 as potent as d9-THC but produces typical cannabinoid effects at 40mg oral dose

When I first started vaping it I enjoyed it a lot, and got quite high. Tolerance went up though. I don't even get high from it anymore, yet go through weed like withdrawals when I quit lmao.

The reduced psychoactivity is much more apparent when you develop tolerance.

Oh and I would vape around 25-35mg to get high, when I could before tolerance. Never tried oral dosing.

Last edited:
claims it is about 2/3 as potent as d9-THC but produces typical cannabinoid effects at 40mg oral dose

From my test yesterday it seemed way less potent than 2/3rds of delta 9 THC.

I am sensitive to cannabinoids, and 10mg of traditional delta 9 THC edibles gets me flat out stoned, often uncomfortably so. 10mg of delta 8 THC was barely perceptible.

I suppose I'll try 20mg tonight.

Any other experiences with delta 8 THC? @Xorkoth @Cosmic Charlie

I would suspect that the material you have probably isn't actually 10mg/mL d8-THC.
Commercial CBD extracts have the same issue, because none of these products are actually regulated, it's too easy to sell super dilute products or even inert material

I’ve tried homemade D8 made via isomerization of CBD for a long period of time. According to the literature it was likely only ~50% D8, some D9 and some CBD. So it wasn’t pure D8.

That said a fair amount of experience with said extract and I too noticed a very fast tolerance increase compared to pure D9. If smoked daily it only got one high for a 2 days or so before tolerance went to a point where it did almost nothing.

This seems to correlate with others experience here too.

-GC

Well the fact that tolerance seems to develop so rapidly is pretty disappointing, because otherwise it sounds like a pretty nice cannabinoid.
I really wanted to try d8 but it's not available here, though CBD is becoming more and more accessible. There are places selling "pure" cbd isolate and it's not that expensive, I may try to isomerize it someday.

I've been vaping d8 for a few months now and I have to say I really enjoy it. Better than d9? ehhh... arguable in some situations but I would say definitely not.

Anyways, I decided to buy some edible d8 treats the other day to try it out. I read some anecdotal reports that d8 is metabolized to 11-hydroxy in the gut just like d9 thc, but couldn't find any real studies to support those claims. I tried it out anyways.

I ate 200mg on an empty stomach (except for a fatty cheese danish thing to help absorption). Overall it was really disappointing. My tolerance was relatively low as I had not vaped in 2-3 days.

After 2 hours I definitely had a buzz, but it was less pleasurable than simply vaping d8. It was purely a body buzz and it wasn't very good even at that. I was relaxed and buzzed, for sure, but it was very unremarkable. After 3-4 hours I started getting dizzy and just went to bed because I couldn't enjoy video games anymore. Minimal psychoactivity, no trippiness or head high.

It was overall a boring experience and a waste of money IMO. d8 THC definitely does NOT metabolize into 11-hydroxy (or if it does, it stays as delta 8 not 11-hydroxy-d9THC).

I'm going to stick to vaping it now.

Oh well. Any of you guys enjoy edible d8-thc?

Last edited:
While I've never tried edible d8 thc, I do have a cartridge and enjoy it quite a bit. It's in a legal grey area in my state so it's legal (for now). The positive differences I've noticed are a huge decrease in anxiety and paranoia compared to d9. The downside is it seems to be way harsher than d9 carts which result in some wicked coughing fits and on one occasion, it was so bad that my lungs felt like they were on fire. Also, the cartridge I have clogs up but it's easily fixable. I can't say for sure if I like d8 better than d9 but it's easily accessible so I'll stick to it for as long as possible. The shop I buy them at also has d8 edibles and I've considered trying them but after reading your post, I think I'll stick to vaping as well. Sorry I couldn't provide a better reply as d8 is still fairly new to me. You helped me out though, so thanks. Take care :)

That sort of sounds like a similar experience to someone who is used to smoking bud and then tries it orally. It can be very different qualitatively. Oral cannabinoids generally produce much more body effects than mental effects, for me.

That sort of sounds like a similar experience to someone who is used to smoking bud and then tries it orally. It can be very different qualitatively. Oral cannabinoids generally produce much more body effects than mental effects, for me.
Truth, fell asleep at three different spots around my house last night before making it to bed due to too much weed soda.

I love edible D8. Maybe too much as I eat them every day, sometimes several times a day.
It now takes me 50mg to feel what 10mg used to do for me. 200mg is where it gets real good.
With regular d9 thc edibles I can still feel a nice stone from 15mg