• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Help Detecting isotonitazene and other nitazenes in street drugs

I have become quite concerned about new synthetic opiods such as isotonitazene, other nitrazenes and brorphine entering drug market.

These substances can't be detected by fent straps. I have read and saw pictures showing the results by someone who was vouched for by the community as very knowledgable with reagent testing claiming to show that iso can be detected if you own all of the reagent kits available from the bunk police. She posted pics however unfortunately that forum got shut down when the app it was on did a purge of drug related forums on their platform. How she claimed it works is each test kit has a different reaction to iso so by using all of the test kits you create an "isolated fingerprint" I'm a little skeptical has anyone else heard of this method?

If that info is inaccurate then I'm guessing the only way to reliably detect nitrazines is by sending them in for lab testing. I'm surprised no one has developed a nitrazene test strip yet. I know they are very new substances but they are rapidly becoming a huge problem across North America and one of these nitrazines that I can't recall the name of at the moment is 20 times more potent than fentanyl. Iso has flooded my area and that's 3 times as potent as fentanyl. And it's not just fake presses it's even getting laid on blotter paper.

Reagent testing is a common way to determine what a substance is. It is incredibly valuable as a first line of defence in reducing risk and I would consider it as a "bare minimum" harm reduction technique.

If you are willing to throw a substance in the trash when the result is unexpected then you can usually use just 2-3 different reagents. This alone eliminates a huge range of dangerous situations. As well as bunk police there are some other major vendors for these.

Since nitazenes react with different colours to heroin, it would be very, very easy to detect if heroin had been substituted with these.

For nitazenes specifically there is an extra challenge that they are quite potent and could be mixed in small amounts with real heroin. This would make the colour from the nitazenes hard to see. I suspect that this situation would not be that common, however when it happens it would be hard to detect with reagents. So, we have a wide range of situations where reagents are helpful and some situations where they are not.

Unfortunately develping a test strip has a very high upfront cost, so I don't think we will see that unless these become more widespread.

That you for giving me the full details on this topic. as some of these nitrazine are 20 times more potent than fent.

It appears I was clearly misinformed by the woman who claimed you needed 12 different reagents to detect iso.

I currently have marquis, mecke and lieberman I'll have to look into how iso reacts to each kit. Thankfully I have never tried heroin. I have done fent twice once in fake Xanax and another time with fake dilaudid. I normally dispose of anything that tests positive but when I have taken too many benzos I unfortunately think I'm invincible and often engage in risky behavior. (It's worth mentioning I have an extremely high benzo tolerance but regardless mixing benzos and fent is probably one of the most dangerous drug combos ever and certainly not a safe harm reduction practice.

Unfortunately benzos have a way of influencing people to throw safety out the window. Luckily for me I didn't hit any hot spots. I Also made sure I had a sober sitter who knows how to use naloxone and always keep nalaxone handy. I was so ashamed of myself for my recklessness that the first thing I did the next day was dispose the rest of the dilaudid pressies. Also thank you for filling me in on why nitrazine strips are not available yet.

Just a minor note, these are nitazenes. There's no "r" in there. It's pronounced night-a-zene.

The "a" is short, like in "cat" and the "zene" sounds like the end of the word "magazine".

Even the most potent analogues are not 20 times more potent than fentanyl. In ANIMAL studies, it appeared very active, but then so did BDPC and BDPC turned out to be 20 times less potent than originally stated (504, not 10000).

I know oral etonitazene is x60 morphine in human studies.

It's interesting that the MOST potent analog has never turned up as an RC. Synthetically, it IS a bit more complex, but it's x4 the parent drug in potency. A Double surprise since I did upload that (uncontrolled) analog.

Tetraethyl ammonium hydroxide will give an orange to purple result for aromatic nitro groups. The reagent is in acetone solution with NaOH to bring up pH.

Of course, some of the analogues lack the nitro moiety. But it will detect 10 of the 12 known analogues. Let's be honest, better than most of the tests on the market.

/EDIT/ UP - bring the pH UP.

Last edited:
Brorphine will give results for the 4 more general reagents that will hopefully give unique colours.