• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower Different strains & tolerance

yes my point was that if you consume the 1 strain all week you will definitely grow a tolerance fast
Even 2 strains to chop and change you will notice a difference , 3 would be nice and any more than that well you become the weed connoisseur of your area lol
But these strains are like pokemon you gotta catch em all

Yea to be fair it can be hard at times having everything you need even with recreational weed right down the street. Just went and grabbed two strains yesterday and even with what I got at home right now I’m lacking on the more sedating night time strains. If I let it go like this too long my tolerance will begin to rise as I overuse certain strains not really cut out for sleep to help me rest.

Id say if one can have 3+ strains that are fairly unique from each other and switch them up every week or 2, one can stave off tolerance. A helpful tip, try to get strains from different growers or dealers if you can. Sometimes there’s more variation between growers than strains, especially if one grower prefers a certain high profile.

-GC

damn i need some hash seeing how im all congested and shit right now and every time i vape i go into a coughing fit for like an hour. lol

So dyou want to switch to oral hash in the meantime.
i would but i dont have none, and hash is very hard to source in the UK, even more difficult when you are ill and havent actually went out for a few days because you are that ill

Pot is cheap and legal here where I live in Canada. I usually have 2 strains of high power sativa, like Durban Poison, then usually 3 or 4 strains of Indica. don't wake and bake but I smoke alot. I also usually have an ounce of hash around, edibles from various sources and different strains of prerolls. Canada is the place to be for Cannabis!

What is the rationale?

Do people assume that terpenes and minor cannabinoids greatly influence development of tolerance to the strong activity of THC?

I will chalk this up to placebo until i see any suggestion as to why it would work. Cannabis doesn't seem like it should make us less susceptible to placebo. If anything, the opposite.

It works like that. My tolerance never really goes up cuz I always have like 5+ strains on deck. There’s so many different active compounds that changing up strains can definitely help to negate tolerance building.

-GC

Mine doesn't either, because it has plateaued. Same doses for years, usually 1 strain at a time. You don't need different strains to reach your personal tolerance plateau.

Maybe it helps doing it only in evenings, too. So you get atleast some kind of attempted reset regularly.

Maybe there are some important active compounds besides THC but isn't it reasonable to assume that similar cannabinoids exhibit cross-tolerance?

My preference was like yours before, i didnt like Sativas or anything haze related, then one day i tried sativa dominant with CBD flower and ever since i much prefer Sativa dominant strains at a low temperature mixed with CBD flower
Indicas tend to make me clumsy or just very tired in general which is perfect for late evening and bed time but not so much day time.

unfortunately indica isnt popular around me so i struggle to get it its nearly always sativa dominant / hazes but indica is very medicinal and good for sleep , just not daytime smoke unless you vape at a very low temperature there are actually a few things to consider and one of them was CBD content of strain, the other was if it relaxes body a lot / tiredness (not good for functional setting) and lastly is if you combine the wrong terpenes at higher temperatures/smoked , it can also cause anxiety or just general unease
What does sativa and CBD strains do that sativa alone does not?

How would someone combined the wrong terpenes at higher temperature s smoked?

@Innerpeace

A strong haze / purely sativa when i consume alone (smoked not as much as vaped but vaping is my preferred ROA ) will be very racy for me sometimes then i cant focus on what im doing as well, where as when i combine that raciness with some CBD it helps me to actually focus and use that energy in a more constructive way . For someone who does not experience mania or manic episodes im not sure it would have much different of an effect but i do experience those so i cannot say

As for combining the wrong terpenes it just means combining strains that will 'clash' in effects, flavours, etc more is not always better 5 different strains mixed and matched could just give you an unwanted effect this is why breeders are selectively breeding particular traits and effects from each strain.

@Innerpeace

A strong haze / purely sativa when i consume alone (smoked not as much as vaped but vaping is my preferred ROA ) will be very racy for me sometimes then i cant focus on what im doing as well, where as when i combine that raciness with some CBD it helps me to actually focus and use that energy in a more constructive way . For someone who does not experience mania or manic episodes im not sure it would have much different of an effect but i do experience those so i cannot say

As for combining the wrong terpenes it just means combining strains that will 'clash' in effects, flavours, etc more is not always better 5 different strains mixed and matched could just give you an unwanted effect this is why breeders are selectively breeding particular traits and effects from each strain.

I could be wrong , I've seemed to have negative experience with higher sativa strain . Paranoid, unpleasant and overall negative headspace and unenjoyable, esp when more is smoked. This is why Id pay more for the name of a strain.

I've been fine using 60-80% indicas five hours before tuck in time. 60%earlier in day has been fine as well.

Its possible I could be effected more than standard to satvias . Higher indica closer to bed. Satvias solo do seem to give more energy verses a more light body load but too much seems to have undesirable side effects and unfocused too heavy on my mind, vs indicas overall much more pleasant.

this seems to work well and increase productivity for yourself. Makes me wonder if it does generally work this way for everyone.

Last edited:
I don’t get anxiety from any strain except the odd occasion where I smoke a Haze. It doesn’t last long but for 10-15min I am reminded of that weed paranoia I used to deal with when much younger. I can see how people more susceptible would have problems with them.

-GC

I don’t get anxiety from any strain except the odd occasion where I smoke a Haze. It doesn’t last long but for 10-15min I am reminded of that weed paranoia I used to deal with when much younger. I can see how people more susceptible would have problems with them.

-GC
CBD two bowls and one bowl haze super silver Haze was fine. Not really any negative headspace.

@Innerpeace

A strong haze / purely sativa when i consume alone (smoked not as much as vaped but vaping is my preferred ROA ) will be very racy for me sometimes then i cant focus on what im doing as well, where as when i combine that raciness with some CBD it helps me to actually focus
The only Haze I know is of super silver haze. Does this mix work make work with Anya sativa blends like OG Kush? Or does it need to be mixed with Haze only or a high dominant sativa?

I'm trying I've perfected this more and I just text a small amount of super silver haze which is 85% sativa and a small amount of CBD , a very small bowl of each, and my mind is energized for hours afterwards and focused.

The only Haze I know is of super silver haze. Does this mix work make work with Anya sativa blends like OG Kush? Or does it need to be mixed with Haze only or a high dominant sativa?

I'm trying I've perfected this more and I just text a small amount of super silver haze which is 85% sativa and a small amount of CBD , a very small bowl of each, and my mind is energized for hours afterwards and focused.
Indica Strains will require a higher temperature in order to unlock and release that strains full effect. The lower temps on a haze will be somewhat milder but completely heady no body stone and more 'functional' for some

i have found that stardawg and onycd/ other diesel relatives (high caryophyllene) somehow don't shoot my tolerance up. or at least it's slower to develop.

one of my favorite combos is stardawg with a sativa like golden tiger. makes everything look like a cartoon, iirc (been years since i could find any ace seeds strains)

@Innerpeace

Do you use indica s?

Do you use the the same day as sativa and cbd?

If so I imagine you separate them from sativa and cbd?

So far I'm liking the sativa and CBD, really don't feel foggy headed like indicas seem to cause.

If you smoke out of a pipe don't smoke the resin, in the bottom, that sometimes is thick smoke . I did that and it seemed to mess up the sativa , CBD combo.