• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Dissio culture or lack thereof?!

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
So most drug classes got some kind of cultural icons.
Like people who have made a career out of being high af and then doing music, movies or something that makes them famous and known as a icon in their community of users.

McKenna for mushrooms, Leary etc for acid, Cheech and Chong for weed etc.

But when it comes to the various types of dissios there isnt much if any known figures that we associate with them.

Mostly a few pioneer researchers like Lily etc, but their connections to dissios if often that they basicly killed themselves by abusing Ket or similar.

Any ideas why this class of drugs hasnt produced any superstars that can create a movement or representation for their love of being holed out?

I don't think most drugs really have icons: MDMA doesn't, cannabis really doesn't either (Snoop Dogg?), amphetamines don't, in fact none of the phenethylamines have. Opioids don't either. The only drug which really does have icons is DMT (McKenna and Joe Rogan) and Leary for LSD but only in the 20th century.

But when it comes to the various types of dissios there isnt much if any known figures that we associate with them.

Mostly a few pioneer researchers like Lily etc, but their connections to dissios if often that they basicly killed themselves by abusing Ket or similar.
Marcia Moore with her book "Journeys Into the Bright World" maybe... And yes, ketamine use effectively killed her.

How did it kill her?
Erowid said:
In a tragic end to this story, a year after publication, Moore became one of the few ketamine-related fatalities on record. Apparently, in an attempt to hide her ketamine use from her increasingly concerned husband, she went outside on a freezing-cold night, climbed into a tree, and after a number of injections, ended up dying from exposure. Her skeleton was found over two years later.

I don't think most drugs really have icons: MDMA doesn't, cannabis really doesn't either (Snoop Dogg?), amphetamines don't, in fact none of the phenethylamines have. Opioids don't either. The only drug which really does have icons is DMT (McKenna and Joe Rogan) and Leary for LSD but only in the 20th century.
True. Although perhaps William Burroughs is the godfather of heroin?

i think a lot of musicians were open to drug use talk in the 60's and 70's... like lou reed was into heroin, lyrics "heroin it's my wife and it's my life." david bowie supposedly used coke to write a lot of his music. the grateful dead were like lsd and tripping icons. there were a lot of songs about lsd. the beetles are even drug users. guns and roses have mr. brownstone or whatever that's supposeldy about heroin. i think music and drugs kind of go hand in hand. i'm sure there is a ton of rap about drugs. i can only think of the jedi mind tricks lyric "i drank so much syrup i stopped eating pan cakes." for dxm related i know there is a lot of rap about promazine cough syrup or whatever it's called. i'd imagine dxm would be more popular.

i think a lot of indie rock bands now days and in the 90's had lyrics about drugs, they just didn't really advertise it as drugs, the lyrics would be more emblamatic like metaphores for drugs or whatever. they'd describe the drug experience but not talk about drugs themselves.. they'd want to leave something to the fans imagination and not really turn everyone into drug users. that's just something i'm guessing from what i observed.

third eye blind has a song on the radio that's on all the time that's about crystal meth, thinking about new music. i'm sure there are songs about drugs that i never would've even suspected were about drugs.

Marcia Moore with her book "Journeys Into the Bright World" maybe... And yes, ketamine use effectively killed her.
This is even better than D.M.Turner and whoever else dying in bathtub. Common, don’t die drowning or freezing from stuff you basically can’t OD, die from internal organ damage, starvation, dehydration or something like a normal K freak.

I think they do or at least have some culture around its use.
Like alot of music is connected to the use of cocaine or heroin in some way.
It might not be that the artists are frontmen for the drug like Snoop is for weed.
But there is def genres where alot of the top draws are known for being deep into cocaine or heroine for example.

With meth etc itr true that there isnt really much real icons.
But at least there is alot of fictional superstars known for being tweakers and doing crazy things.
Like Tuca Salamanca from Breaking bad etc.

But ive rarely if ever seen a movie or series with a character who is a Ktard or dusthead.
Its like the mainstream wants to ignore that there even exists a scene around those substances.

Esp since how popular Ket has become around the world its weird that we basicly get zero reference to it in any art.

Alexander and Ann shulgin
Ehhhh, I don't know if those are really icons. Pioneers perhaps, but most rollers I know don't even know them, let alone celebrate them

Uncle Fester is even more of a bizzare choice, what did he even do besides writing a couple of books with (probably) very outdated information. And btw his book on LSD is supposedly complete garbage. Paul Erdos deserves to be an amphetamine icon though (although again, the guy is completely unknown to the wide-eyed hollow-cheeked tweakers who infest public spaces, wearing black hoodies even in summer)

Paul Erdos deserves to be an amphetamine icon though (although again, the guy is completely unknown to the wide-eyed hollow-cheeked tweakers who infest public spaces, wearing black hoodies even in summer)
Wow didn't know about this guy. Im in a rabbit hole reading about him now.

Here's a quote after he won a bet that he couldn't quit doing amp for a month,

"You've showed me I'm not an addict. But I didn't get any work done. I'd get up in the morning and stare at a blank piece of paper. I'd have no ideas, just like an ordinary person. You've set mathematics back a month."