• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Subthread] First Time

Yeah, closing your eyes is a really good idea IMO. The closed-eye visuals actually seem to have a special synergy with the whole experience. You can visualize the underlying structure of Psychedelia. Or something. LOL.

Personally, I've found (with an adequate dose) that it doesn't really matter whether my eyes are closed or opened because I've completely lost my body, my mind, my ego, and whatever I was looking at prior to blasting off.

I really never know whether my eyes are opened or not because I'm unaware that they even exist.

I wouldn't do more than 50 if I were you. (already 30 can make people (e.g. me) break through if smoked right)
I'd start with 20-25 and if you like it do some 40-60 ~20min after the first dose.

If you do not like what you experience with 50-100mg and fight it you will be shattered to the core. well, even if you do like it you will be shattered to the core. *don'twannapreachaboutDMTsunbelievableintensityagain*

...maybe I just wanna add that a 5-10min DMT-experience should always be treated like a full blown 8h trip on your favorite psychedelic. the drug needs absolute commitment and deep preparation ime...

^Yes. The duration of this drug is pretty meaningless. Once you're in it, it is so intensely psychedelic that you don't realize it's so short sometimes. It's nice that it is from a sober viewpoint tho.

DMT is a beautiful drug. I am interested in trying to add a MAOI then smoking the drug, not taking it orally, to make the trip a good 20-30min long. Would this work? I'd want to aim for 3D visuals, just short of hyperspace. I find that level to be very euphoric.

ok. wow.

so i tried it and wow. i did it three times in three hours lol. by the third time the visuals were a little weak and faded, i assume from tolerance.

how long does it take for your tolerance to decrease? i kept my doses fairly low to get a feel for it, about 20mgs im guessing.. next time i want to double that.

anyway.. if i roll tomorrow night will my tolerance be low enough to do it again? or should i wait longer than that?

DMT is a beautiful drug. I am interested in trying to add a MAOI then smoking the drug, not taking it orally, to make the trip a good 20-30min long. Would this work? I'd want to aim for 3D visuals, just short of hyperspace. I find that level to be very euphoric.

In my experience, an MAOI doesn't change the duration of the trip, just the quality. I still highly recommend it, though. If you want 3D visuals, MAOI + DMT is definitely the way to go. Caapi + DMT will give you the most unbelievably crystal clear and lucid and bright and vivid neon 3D visuals you've ever seen -- at least, it did for me.

DMT tollerance goes away after an hour or so. I have noticed that if I smoke it (changa) several times in a day (like 10 to 15) it starts to have a tollerance again, but I think thats because of the MAOI aspect of changa rather than the DMT. Either way, after a heavy day of changa smoking I can ALWAYS get the FULL effect of changa back after just one nights rest.

^Changa would be perfect if that's the experience you are aiming for?

OMG what is changa?? :X:) Every time I search for it, I think it's just slang for DMT.

TheAppleCore: In my experience, an MAOI doesn't change the duration of the trip, just the quality. I still highly recommend it, though. If you want 3D visuals, MAOI + DMT is definitely the way to go. Caapi + DMT will give you the most unbelievably crystal clear and lucid and bright and vivid neon 3D visuals you've ever seen -- at least, it did for me.

Beautiful. I'll need to locate some. Is there nothing that can bring the experience from 6-10min (main, chunky portion) to 20-30min?

Last edited:
So I finally made a DMT machine pipe, with some proper copper Chore (steel wool burns), and now, DMT connection is iffy.

Waiting for my next chance to enjoy it!

I would go for a 100mg dose for your first experience. My first experience was at 100mg and i was absolutely blown away. I think DMT at the lower dose is awkard and un- enjoyable. I dont like being semi in my body and semi in hyper space. Its an all or nothing thing. Hyperspace or no space, and 100mg will throw you out there for sure.

Beautiful. I'll need to locate some. Is there nothing that can bring the experience from 6-10min (main, chunky portion) to 20-30min?

Insufflated / sublingual DMT. It'll give you exactly what you seek. Although I've had great experiences with insufflated DMT, I recommend sublingual, just because converting DMT freebase to a solid fumarate salt is a pain in the ass, and snorting freebase is a pain in the face.

Basically, the idea with sublingual DMT is to dissolve some salt of DMT into a glycerin / water mixture (glycerin is for shelf-life -- you can find it at your local pharmacy). You then administer the tincture under your tongue with an eye-dropper or a syringe. You'll definitely want an MAOI to potentiate it, though, or else you'll be using a ton of DMT. I highly recommend a glycerin-water Caapi alkaloid tincture, which you can use sublingually to great effect right before DMT administration.

I've only used DMT fumarate in the past for the purpose of a sublingual tincture. Theoretically, though, you could just put some DMT freebase in a spoon, and add white vinegar drop wise until the freebase reacts with the acetic acid and dissolves (cautiously applying heat with a lighter flame to speed up the reaction). Then, you wait for it to cool for a moment, suck it up with a syringe or dropper, and you've got a sublingualized dose of DMT ready for action! I got this idea right before beginning my recent psychedelic hiatus, though, so I haven't tried it yet. Any volunteers?

PM me for any more info, if you're interested...

ok. wow.

so i tried it and wow. i did it three times in three hours lol. by the third time the visuals were a little weak and faded, i assume from tolerance.

how long does it take for your tolerance to decrease? i kept my doses fairly low to get a feel for it, about 20mgs im guessing.. next time i want to double that.

anyway.. if i roll tomorrow night will my tolerance be low enough to do it again? or should i wait longer than that?

About 2 hours will be back to baseline tolerance

hey guys, i gotta question about storing IT, i'll call it spice for lack of a better name...but i have a half gram of spice that i jumped on a few days ago... i don't know if i feel i wanna do it right now, or soon? or maybe not fer a month or two, but its in a clear small vial in a dark and pretty cool spot in my room. i just jumped on it cause i love psychedelics and i know how rare this is cause i've been lookin fer alonnnnnngg time. will it last fairly long? how long have you stored it before???

hey guys, i gotta question about storing IT, i'll call it spice for lack of a better name...but i have a half gram of spice that i jumped on a few days ago... i don't know if i feel i wanna do it right now, or soon? or maybe not fer a month or two, but its in a clear small vial in a dark and pretty cool spot in my room. i just jumped on it cause i love psychedelics and i know how rare this is cause i've been lookin fer alonnnnnngg time. will it last fairly long? how long have you stored it before???

it'll last a couple months no problem in an airtight vial

https://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1786

I'm finally getting the chance to try DMT tonight. Very excited! The guy we're getting it off says to put a little bit into a spliff so as to ease into it and get a slight taste for it before doing a full dose from a pipe or something. Does this sound reasonable, or would it be a waste of DMT?

Yes, there is likely to be a certain amount of waste. Ideally you want the DMT to vaporize and not combust. Also you will be experiencing DMT + cannabis not DMT by itself which could change the overall experience a bit.
There's certainly nothing wrong with treading water before diving in the deep end, so to speak.

Cheers for the quick reply! As far as vaping it goes, would chasing it off foil suffice?

^Chasing off foil is a really wasteful way to consume DMT. I've found that its fine to just sandwich a layer of DMT between layers of bud or ashes in a little pipe; just make sure that you have enough stuff under the DMT that it doesn't get sucked through. Load up a large amount of DMT, and hit it until you can't hit it anymore -- and then, hit it once again for good measure. :D

You may want to have some low dose experiences first, but honestly they won't prepare you for a full breakthrough. Nothing in this universe will prepare you for a full on trip to electric jester land. =D

Last edited:
Haha, sounds good! Tonight's gonna be something special I reckon. Thanks for the info guys!