• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Subthread] First Time

@ question about whether they are independent sentient beings, let me just point towards another thread: "The case against the DMT elves" which obviously focuses more on the skeptical side.

There is also another thread by TheAppleCore who has a similar sentiment about it feeling impossible that it is all in the mind: The intelligence of DMT - A retrospective analysis

However I think the logical fallacies that may be at play here are similar to the reasons why creationists have a hard time with evolution, or why there is a shift in what people consider magic and what is accepted as scientifically proven. We have learned so much that it makes us arrogant enough to think that we would not if we were being tricked so impossibly hard by our own minds.
I think that what I said in the earlier post about lucid dreams suggests that similar mindblowing states of consciousness can be achieved without DMT or other drugs. Well at least as far as the whole Matrix, god-mode phenomena are concerned. I briefly addressed what I think about the wisdom and intelligence that experienced in DMT and often not experienced as our own. Yet I think we have that potential within ourselves just like we each have the potential within us to be enlightened if it wasn't for the limits we impose on ourselves and how our lives and society make us feel too trapped in place to change like that.

Also like MGS suggests it may not make that much of a difference, just like calling what happens in the mind another dimension - semantics. If you are asking whether the entities are sentient beings you IMO need to define them as independent, because since humans are sentient beings with a stretch even figments of our own brains and minds can be called sentient.

^^^^

To quote Hillary Clinton (but in kind, not anger), "What difference does it make?"

:) I just have come to the conclusion that it makes no difference. I know jack shit about quantum mechanics and the 4th demension so I really am not informed enough to know perhaps.

To quote George Harrison, "The more I learn the less I know."

I agree, subjectively it doesn't make any difference but objectively it would be the biggest discovery in the history of mankind. I would love for it to be proven scientifically.

I'm afraid that I'll waste my dmt (i got only 50mg) with standard cannabis pipe so would it be ideal to smoke it out of vaporizer pipe? I'm thinking of ordering one just for DMT.

I'm afraid that I'll waste my dmt (i got only 50mg) with standard cannabis pipe so would it be ideal to smoke it out of vaporizer pipe? I'm thinking of ordering one just for DMT.

I did some this morning using a home-made smoking device using foil and a two litre bottle and found this to be a much better method than the cannabis pipe I used at the weekend. All you need to do is cut off the bottom of a 2 litre bottle and then, with the tin foil, shape it to the bottom of the bottle with a few gaps as possible. The DMT is then placed on a small depression on the bottom of the foil inside the bottle and lit from under the foil. The heat from the foil will vaporise the DMT and this will fill the bottle. All that's left to do is remove the lid and inhale.

I'm kicking myself for not using this method as the half a g I acquired at the weekend would have gone much further.

Having said all that, a proper vaporiser seems to be the go-to choice for many people.

I agree, subjectively it doesn't make any difference but objectively it would be the biggest discovery in the history of mankind. I would love for it to be proven scientifically.

It would be like trying to prove God exists. 50,000 Elvis fans can't be wrong.

1050.jpg

Would this be efficient to do DMT?

I'm thinking about doing some DMT some time but was wondering if it is "safe" to take alone?

Specifically I'm wondering if you appear to walk around, not knowing it, just as it can happen with Salvia.

Is there anything special (I have to care about) to it compared to LSD?

You aren't going to wanna walk around during the trip at all but you might want to have a sitter.

What I wouldn't give for the opportunity to try DMT! I'm happy for those who've had the opportunity. I'm sure it'll swing my way sometime.

I have been planning, and asking advice regarding, a changa trip for about eight months now. The time is FINALLY approaching. Not this weekend but the next, a buddy and I are going to a secluded spot in the woods around sunset to take our first ever hits of DMT. Thanks everyone for your advice over this time and I have a couple more questions.

1) We're both pretty broke and the best we're likely to get is a standard bong pipe. Is a crack pipe really necessary or would that suffice?
2) If this were straight DMT I'd be aiming for 40mg; not too extreme, but reliably enough to cross the threshold. But it's changa. About how much should I pack?
3) I've been smoking weed for a couple of weeks to get my throat ready for the harshness; am I likely to cough it up the first time and have no effects anyway? Is there a technique?

This will be my first use of a psychedelic in almost nine months, the last being my first experience with ayahuasca. In this time I have grown and I have a brighter outlook on life. I have also learned more about letting go into a trip. I often find the transition into another world can be very jarring and upsetting to my ego, but I think if I spend the days and hours beforehand meditating, to remind myself how to surrender, I will be fine.

There are still a lot of negative emotions I have to deal with that may manifest themselves. I am ready for them but not actively seeking them out. I do not anticipate this will be darker than I can manage. It may in fact be very light and releasing. This is a kind of dice I have never rolled before, so I will have to wait and see.

I am on 25mg of dexamphetamine a day but I will be ceasing use 5 days beforehand for safety.

I've seen teks but Mimosa H. is hard to find and I'm afraid of making mistakes with Acacia C. and wasting money.

The time is FINALLY approaching. Not this weekend but the next, a buddy and I are going to a secluded spot in the woods around sunset to take our first ever hits of DMT. Thanks everyone for your advice over this time and I have a couple more questions.

In my opinion it's important to experience DMT alone, i mean your friend can be there as long as he's not in your peripheral vision or attempting to speak with you while your in the state because the transition is so powerful and the onset is so quick that you want to be-able to disengage from reality relatively smoothly and that can be difficult if you have an 'anchor' such as your friend watching you or speaking to you.. i honestly have preference for keeping my eyes closed for the duration, but the intensity can be so pronounced that you may not be able to tell the difference.. depends on the dose i suppose.

1) It will suffice, i broke-through using a bong pipe years ago.. although i had a decent dose of Changa.

2) I can't answer this with any certainty because im not experienced enough to know, but i most definitely crossed the threshold on about 50-60mg.

3)I never had an issue with the harshness people describe, but i use to smoke cigarettes so maybe i was more tolerant. I just held it down for as long as i could before exhaling.

I hope you get something of value out of the experience, im sure you will. DMT changed my life some five years ago and fundamentally altered the way i view myself and existence as a whole. It's just such a mind-shattering experience that nothing can prepare you for.. you said you've used Ayahausca so you probably have an idea about what the experience will be like but the intensity will be new.

Enjoy! And let us know how it goes.

First time experience:
Just like things go. Let everything go.
Clear your mind, try to resolve any unresolved, or ignored mental issues within your head,
don't plan on doing anything, or going anywhere during, or after the voyage..
Simply let the medicine take you to an interesting, non-boring place.
Most of all, have fun, and get ready to learn.

1050.jpg

Would this be efficient to do DMT?

The molten DMT would just seep through the mesh, or if you put it in the chamber below it may burn too easily because it's hard to spread the heat evenly.

Better to make an apparatus with a heatsink like choreboy, you could technically fit a bong with it too - as long as heat applied isn't too indirect and weak either. Always smoke out the choreboy's machine oils before use.
Sometimes people use ashes to serve as a sort of heatsink but it may not stick the DMT to it as well. Metal meshings are clearly among ideal materials.

Thanks for bringing it up, I remember vaporizing DMT with that and it worked fine if I would have had more courage to take several deep hits it would've been breakthrough.

That thing has been working perfectly for 5-meo-mipt.

The first time I smoked it, I put it on top of a bowl of weed. I only took two full rips, and on my 3rd hit the fire burned all of the DMT off the bowl. I was trippin face for about ten minutes before it wore off. The second time I did it, I packed a bowl about half way with weed, then sprinkled in the DMT, and then put a thin layer of weed over the top to prevent it catching fire. Both times I've done it o only tripped for 10-15 minutes. It's hits you hard and wears off fast