Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Documentary: “East Hastings: Canada’s WORST Street”

arrall

Administrator
Staff member

Here’s an interesting video I found with a bunch of man-on-the-street interviews (primarily with homeless drug users) on Vancouver’s East Hastings Street. A very interesting methhead tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist as expected, and a homeless guy selling random shit laid out on a blanket.

For those of you who don’t know, East Hastings is a street of Vancouver filled with homeless people and drug users who live in tents along the sidewalk. The street gets a pretty bad reputation, but honestly doesn’t seem bad at all to me from the documentary.

What’s happening there is heartbreaking, but there thankfully are pretty good harm reduction programs (private non profits AND public services) and decriminalization of possession of up to 2.5g of MDMA, cocaine/crack, opioids, and meth will begin in January.

I’ll be going to Vancouver for a week or so in November and I’ll let you guys know my experience with how East Hastings is then.

I wouldn't argue with that. I watched a guy pick a needle from a passed out guys arm and licked it and shot it.
Some places in Ontario are giving it a good run for it money.
Drugs seemed to explode in Canada. When I was a teenager (90's) it was hard to find heroin and even coke you had to run around but now I get offered it at my local Walmart.
Sad but at least we have a bit better resources then the USA or other countries.
Be careful on Hastings.

Be careful on Hastings
Any reason my buddy and I would have an issue there during the day if we’re not flashing expensive stuff or going up to anyone and picking fights?

Canada’s “bad areas” have always seemed fine to me, at least in Toronto.

Here’s an interesting video I found with a bunch of man-on-the-street interviews (primarily with homeless drug users) on Vancouver’s East Hastings Street. A very interesting methhead tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist as expected, and a homeless guy selling random shit laid out on a blanket.

For those of you who don’t know, East Hastings is a street of Vancouver filled with homeless people and drug users who live in tents along the sidewalk. The street gets a pretty bad reputation, but honestly doesn’t seem bad at all to me from the documentary.

What’s happening there is heartbreaking, but there thankfully are pretty good harm reduction programs (private non profits AND public services) and decriminalization of possession of up to 2.5g of MDMA, cocaine/crack, opioids, and meth will begin in January.

I’ll be going to Vancouver for a week or so in November and I’ll let you guys know my experience with how East Hastings is then.

oh dude - i can't tell you how many times i'd end up on that block by accident - it's right by Water Street in Gastown, which is a really cool area that you have to visit

it's so fucked up and it was like that in the 90s - there was no tents back then tho that i remember - just heroin mutants - nuts dude - and to think, back then, they had that up there, but there was nothing like that here in Seattle until like 2010 and now it's just like that all over

oh dude - i can't tell you how many times i'd end up on that block by accident - it's right by Water Street in Gastown, which is a really cool area that you have to visit

it's so fucked up and it was like that in the 90s - there was no tents back then tho that i remember - just heroin mutants - nuts dude - and to think, back then, they had that up there, but there was nothing like that here in Seattle until like 2010 and now it's just like that all over
You used to live in Vancouver??

True Story, Im not using a VPN to hide, Im staying in a shelter at Columbia and Hastings and got the pass to the staff wifi [there is no hobolo wifi]

This shelter is treatment related, they have a full blown rehab with its own detox a block away, yet the staff wifi is blocking bluelight, so here i am on a VPN.

And this operation is laid back / progressive by religious drug rehab standards, at least usually.

Funny thing is I started coming here to bluelight from this shelter to research molly for personal use, but have become fascinated by the MAPS trainwreck with Donna Dryer and her gnome husband. Its like my new special interest [Im card carrying adhd and probably autistic too]

As for the vid, first things first, in the vid synopsis the creator claims its the most dangerous street in Canada... afaik its not even the most dangerous street in Downtown Vancouver let alone Canada. Granville is full of drunk idiots looking to fight and that is where the druggies used to go to roll people, back in the day when everybody carried a few hundred in cash lol.

People have said this for years, but it used to merely annoy me a bit, now it disturbs me.

That sure was easy wasn't it?
That sure was easy wasn't it?
More crack, more panic, more cops, more jails

You see emergency, total war
You see emergency, total war
You see a black face, you see a crackhead
You see a black face, you see a crackhead
You see a black face, you see Willie Horton with a knife
You see Willie Horton with a knife

You see one Willie Horton you've seen them all
They're everywhere, I know
You asked for it, you've got it
Drug suspects have no rights at all
Property seized and sold before trial
Labor camps on American soil

Last edited:
Any reason my buddy and I would have an issue there during the day if we’re not flashing expensive stuff or going up to anyone and picking fights?

I take a walk down that strip every time I'm in Vancouver. I never felt in danger. Although, one time I stopped to listen to an audiobook in a library there and a guy with a katana walked in. That made me a bit nervous, but he didn't do anything.

That's where Gabor Maté practiced for over ten years. So yeah Canada actually has some of the most progressive drug policies in the world.

His book is all about that area..

He would probably dispute it, but Gabor Maté is something of a compassion machine. Diligently treating the drug addicts of Vancouver's notorious Downtown Eastside with sympathy in his heart and legislative reform in mind can't be easy. But Maté never judges. His book is a powerful call-to-arms, both for the decriminalization of drugs and for a more sympathetic and informed view of addiction. As Maté observes, "Those whom we dismiss as 'junkies' are not creatures from a different world, only men and women mired at the extreme end of a continuum on which, here or there, all of us might well locate ourselves." In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts begins by introducing us to many of Dr. Maté's most dire patients who steal, cheat, sell sex, and otherwise harm themselves for their next hit. Maté looks to the root causes of addiction, applying a clinical and psychological view to the physical manifestation and offering some enlightening answers for why people inflict such catastrophe on themselves.

Finally, he takes aim at the hugely ineffectual, largely U.S.-led War on Drugs (and its worldwide followers), challenging the wisdom of fighting drugs instead of aiding the addicts, and showing how controversial measures such as safe injection sites are measurably more successful at reducing drug-related crime and the spread of disease than anything most major governments have going. It's not easy reading, but we ignore his arguments at our peril. When it comes to combating the drug trade and the ravages of addiction, society can use all the help it can get. --Kim Hughes

in the vid synopsis the creator claims its the most dangerous street in Canada... afaik its not even the most dangerous street in Downtown Vancouver let alone Canada. Granville is full of drunk idiots looking to fight and that is where the druggies used to go to roll people, back in the day when everybody carried a few hundred in cash lol.
Yeah, it’s clickbait. He even says in the video that the idea that having homeless drug users makes it an incredibly dangerous area is a misconception.

No worse then any other drug area in Canada. Like walking under the Gardiner downtown or another Toronto tent encampment.
Just don't trust their drugs.