• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Does age diminish your high?

unodelacosa

Bluelighter
The only time I have magical highs now haven't with cannabis alone since sometime late freshman year of high school is on psychedelics
Not to advocate a drug with such a sketchy reputation, but I often have very profound, treasured experiences on PCP and its many various dissociative homologues and analogues and such. Dissos can be otherworldly beautiful.

Ghost fart

Bluelighter
I've had the opposite experience (I'm 50 years young) and seem to have developed a reverse-tolerance. I used to be able to smoke myself blue in the face off some very potent weed; now I take one or two hits and it turns me into a full-blown space cadet!
:)

"Full-blown space cadet!" That was amusing :D LOL thank you.

I am 39 years old and uh... i don't get high like i used to, anymore. I think it is because of my mental health problems.

F.U.B.A.R.

Sr. Moderator: BDD, OD, EADD, LAVA
Staff member
I'm curious about whether old fart bluelighters still feel the magic when they choof up. By that I mean smoking a spliff or bong and not some of the other derivatives I'm not savvy with. I'm in my mid sixties and been a steady recreational smoker for nearly 50 years. From $30 (per ounce!) bags of dubious vegetative matter in the '70's to $400 bags of high-end bud and plenty in-between. I've very rarely not had some close at hand. But I have noticed over the last few years that the duration of effect is diminishing and I generally feel a short-lived kind of wasted rather than buoyant and high. I have imprint moments of highs that were clearly next level, but these days that's rare. Any other older folk having similar issues?

I find that the older I get, the more I appreciate weed. Its the only drug I've found that seems to get better and better...