• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Does Drug Use Make People Cooler To You?

Yeah but smoking cigarettes makes you look cooler

I never tell people about my past drug use, the only way I’m telling you is if I’m snorting lines with you.

I don't think I've ever thought O.P. we're anything close to cool when they were on drugs! The exact opposite imo. Hell you can seemed coming a mile away.lol. But now I may have thought that I was too cool a time or two...maybe even 3! But ultimately we aren't ever looking cool when we're gacked out in public. Now the real challenged of looking and acting cool is when you are(gacked out) but are able to control the symptoms of being high. It's not nearly as easy as it sounds. It takes tremendous willpower and 1 hell of an acting job to be successful.

This brings up a good point as to why many people don’t look cool on drugs. They look WAY FUCKED on whatever they took.

This is something I inherited from my parents, the ability to be absolutely blasted and maintain decorum. I’ve only ever blacked out once and that was like my second time drinking.

I’ve had friends marvel at how I can feel the tiniest doses yet act completely normal on the strongest. There’s some attractive about that whether you are a man or woman.

Reminds me of certain people I’ve run into in the festival scene, wooks that haven’t showered in days, red glazed eyes, crust in the corner of their mouth, generally disgusting. Those people don’t exactly paint drugs in a sexy light.

-GC

.... That point during opiate WD where you got your head stuck down the khazi while shitting yourself. Who says drugs aren't sexy Xd

If you can do just a little bit of drugs, that's cooler than none, if you do a lot, it has the opposite effect.

Like all things theirs is a sweet spot
All things in moderation (only the definition of moderation is not an absolute, it varies enormously from person to person. My consumption of stimulants has never caused me problems, but I'd be hard pushed to find someone who described it as moderation!)

.... That point during opiate WD where you got your head stuck down the khazi while shitting yourself. Who says drugs aren't sexy Xd
Really bad tempered/intolerant and covered in vomit, with pants oozing liquid shit: sex god or what (Lenny Kravitz, eat your heart out!! 😅)

When I was 15? Yeah. I thought I was cool because I used drugs. I made them my entire personality.

When I got older I realized it's anything but cool. I have a neutral outlook on drugs. They aren't cool, but I don't look down on people for using them either.
Absolutely this, at first it was all cool and fun but over time I realized ppl started avoiding me and talk shit about me cause I was into more serious drugs. In the end, I was IVing morphine and coke secluded from the world.
I don't recommend taking that way kids, it's all pain, sorrow and despair...

If you can do just a little bit of drugs, that's cooler than none, if you do a lot, it has the opposite effect.

Like all things theirs is a sweet spot
I agree with this. However, I feel like there's two kinds of "no drug use" when it comes to sobriety.

The first type is sober because of personal/moral/religious reasons. I've known several people in my life who are like this, and have one close friend like this. It's not that they're not cool, but they're definitely like a little bit off. Maybe uptight, definitely hard to hang around with when people are getting drunk/high. But I've never had it be a problem.

The second type of sober is people who have had past substance abuse issues and needed to get sober for their own personal healtb/safety. These people are usually very normal and chill to hang with, even when around substances. They've partied in the past, so they still know how to have a good time even if they are sober. Never met an AA sober person I didn't like.

And yeah, definitely a spectrum. Occasional to moderate use of drugs/alcohol is more normal, more fun to party with, and just easier to get to know typically. Heavy to extreme use is usually way more isolating for a person than sobriety because they're often a danger to themselves and others.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say cool, but more relatable.

There's a whole part of my experience I have to basically never mention in conversations with non-users, especially if they're very anti-drug, because I know they'd immediately judge me differently. With those who use or have used there isn't that same social barrier and I feel I can be more genuine.
I've definitely been judged by non-drug users before, but not so harshly that it caused an issue though. I will say that mentioning my past drug use, particularly psychedelics, has helped me make friends with people who do/have done drugs and those who are just curious.

You do have to sort of ease into the conversation though. Know who you're talking to and test the waters to avoid a bad reaction to the information.

You do have to sort of ease into the conversation though. Know who you're talking to and test the waters to avoid a bad reaction to the information.
Also depends on the drug and your method of consumption. Any but the most uptight people will be ok with the admission you occasionally drop some acid. Using IV heroin... yeeeeaahh not so much. xd

Also depends on the drug and your method of consumption. Any but the most uptight people will be ok with the admission you occasionally drop some acid. Using IV heroin... yeeeeaahh not so much. xd
I've seen people completely go batshit, purely because they have seen a needle in someone"s possession (I'm talking about a reaction to seeing an unopened insulin syringe fall outof a mate's travelling bag. The mate inquestion had type 1 diabetes and was searching for his insulin, after a meal).

This is very true. I think a lot of people are fine with occasional psychedelic use. Some prescription stimulants too like Adderall. But I think mention of any "hard" drugs like meth or opiates is what turns people off.

This is very true. I think a lot of people are fine with occasional psychedelic use. Some prescription stimulants too like Adderall. But I think mention of any "hard" drugs like meth or opiates is what turns people off.
Also injection use is like the final taboo even to most drug-tolerant people. The same person who wouldn't even mind you snorting the odd line of something is gonna look at you very different if you slam the same stuff.

Just realised, the thread title can be read two ways
A - does it turn them into the Fonz, in your eyes
B - does it make them emotionally distant towards you

I don't think it makes someone cooler if they use drugs, but people who preach against drugs when their opinion isn't wanted are the worst.