• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Does Drug Use Make People Cooler To You?

Joey

Bluelighter
Real talk. At least an openness to the subject regardless of background using does to me.

Everyone knows that using drugs makes you look cool if you play the role of the sigma male.

When I was 15? Yeah. I thought I was cool because I used drugs. I made them my entire personality.

When I got older I realized it's anything but cool. I have a neutral outlook on drugs. They aren't cool, but I don't look down on people for using them either.
It’s good to have a balanced ego. Something about a good chat with an experienced gearhead or people involved in the harm reduction space just does it for me though.

Drug use in a general sense shows some openness and experimentation in this culture, at least until recently. Other than that, i evaluate drugs very differently. Using psychedelics, dissos and cannabinoids is not a bad indicator of an interesting person. Using benzos or stimulants a lot is more correlated with being obnoxious, from my experience. Opioids and empathogens seem to be quite neutral in association. There is overlap, of course.

I guess drug use as an umbrella term has a cool factor for me, but it's very small and i don't regularly think of stuff that way.

Not realllly, but I am suspicious about people who have never done drugs and are not willing to.
But commonly I end up just trusting they know what they are not doing

Depends on the drug. Also the use pattern.

Someone that can hold down a nice job, maintain social relationships, and generally not let it effect their life while getting high AF. There’s something admirable about that.

I don’t find addictive drugs cool. I find folks that use psychedelics and empathogens to generally be cooler than your average person though. That cocky coke head that thinks everyone wants to be him is so not cool.

At the end of the day drug use doesn’t make you cool, it’s just some cool people tend to enjoy them.

-GC

I wouldn't say cool, but more relatable.

There's a whole part of my experience I have to basically never mention in conversations with non-users, especially if they're very anti-drug, because I know they'd immediately judge me differently. With those who use or have used there isn't that same social barrier and I feel I can be more genuine.

I wouldn't say cool, but more relatable.

There's a whole part of my experience I have to basically never mention in conversations with non-users, especially if they're very anti-drug, because I know they'd immediately judge me differently. With those who use or have used there isn't that same social barrier and I feel I can be more genuine.
I've made the mistake of mentioning my past drug use with people such as coworkers. They seem friendly or relatable at first, but quietly judge you then talk behind your back. It's not a mistake I will make again.

It kinda sucks because it often leaves a big hole in my social compatibility or how much I can talk about myself in general.

I've made the mistake of mentioning my past drug use with people such as coworkers. They seem friendly or relatable at first, but quietly judge you then talk behind your back. It's not a mistake I will make again.

It kinda sucks because it often leaves a big hole in my social compatibility or how much I can talk about myself in general.
This is why I like it here.

Many times I have mentioned past drug use with coworkers (etc.), I have discovered later that they thought I was high or hung over on days I was just tired or sleep deficient. This has been during times I was not consuming any drugs and had not for years

I don't think I've ever thought O.P. we're anything close to cool when they were on drugs! The exact opposite imo. Hell you can seemed coming a mile away.lol. But now I may have thought that I was too cool a time or two...maybe even 3! But ultimately we aren't ever looking cool when we're gacked out in public. Now the real challenged of looking and acting cool is when you are(gacked out) but are able to control the symptoms of being high. It's not nearly as easy as it sounds. It takes tremendous willpower and 1 hell of an acting job to be successful.

Many times I have mentioned past drug use with coworkers (etc.), I have discovered later that they thought I was high or hung over on days I was just tired or sleep deficient. This has been during times I was not consuming any drugs and had not for years
Yea you are definitely coming around to the lay of the land in the real world. Not only do they blame all of your short comings on your supposed drug use or lack of but also they spead hate like wildfire. When that's happened to me I've found it very beneficial to cut and run. Cause you can't change you and they can't stop being them.

tell me about it

It can open your mind and cause humbleness and more empathy for understanding at times, I would say.