• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health does exercise really help moderate to severe depression?

anyone out there who got better from severe depression by exercising regularly ?
Yea it boost your endorphins natural feel good chemicals and you feel more at peace like your brain is firing properly reduces stress and anxiety makes you more confident and smarter also you will look more sexy which will then give you more self confidence

depression is insensitivity for nerve terminal to release neurotransmitter, so if you do exercises your body will not release endorphin opposite of what should happen with normal people so no positive effect. you can't enjoy getting fucked if you are a boy (Y-chromosome >testes>testosterone>inhibition on this type of reward)
That is bullshit when I'm deppreseed exercise gets me out of my rut and has me feeling positive again and they say deppression is due to a chemical imbalance but that is debatable when bad things happen people feel like shit

depression is insensitivity for nerve terminal to release neurotransmitter, so if you do exercises your body will not release endorphin opposite of what should happen with normal people so no positive effect. you can't enjoy getting fucked if you are a boy (Y-chromosome >testes>testosterone>inhibition on this type of reward)
Even if I was up for romance you've ruined the mood once again with your technical jargon

Even if I was up for romance you've ruined the mood once again with your technical jargon
i feel better with indoor exercising also.but outdoors has prana/fresh air/ negative ions which help a lot too. but excercise sometimes is just an adjunct to doing other things to treat depression.

hells yeah i am a depressed mf (not fuckin around here, ok? ) and any type of physical exertion helps a lot... specially if I am exposed to the sun and sweating my ass off.
^big time this. Gotta get that heart rate up and definitely break a sweat. The sweatier the better. Vitamin D supplements or even better sunshine. Best solution for depression IME.

Works for me, but when I'm severely depressed it's quite difficult to get the energy to exercise.

Works for me, but when I'm severely depressed it's quite difficult to get the energy to exercise.
This.
If I'm a little down, then a brisk walk or bike ride helps a lot. But if I'm really depressed I feel so fatigued that I can barely even get out of bed. Suggesting exercise to me in that state is preposterous.
One thing that has saved me from suicide in the past was that I simply didn't have the energy to get up and do it.

if someone has been using a lot of amphetamines for a long time, im not sure how much exercise would help as brain heals slowly when it does.i was on provigil for a month.it took me several months to recover .likely they would need something like wellbutrin in addition to exercise.

if someone has been using a lot of amphetamines for a long time, im not sure how much exercise would help as brain heals slowly when it does.i was on provigil for a month.it took me several months to recover .likely they would need something like wellbutrin in addition to exercise.
If you're implying that exercise would hurt recovery from amphetamines, I haven't ever seen any data suggesting that. Provigil is also not an amphetamine. How heavily were you dosing it? I'm not too familiar with Provigil, but a month does not seem like a period of time that would typically take several months to recover from without extremely heavy dosages, an incredibly unlucky adverse reaction, and/or pre-existing health issues.

that would be an incredibly big 'if'! not sure how you got that...focus on the 'wellbutrin in addition to exercise' evident "implication".to be extra thorough,even though i do have a crisis to deal with: even with provigil -a stimulant, not meth, i had an incredible let down.even on a very short period of time using it. what would it be like for someone using a heavy stimulant like methamphetamine for many years to try to fix thier depression using just exercise? i suggest taking wellbutrin in addition.please dont reply. my inbox is full.thank you.

This.
If I'm a little down, then a brisk walk or bike ride helps a lot. But if I'm really depressed I feel so fatigued that I can barely even get out of bed. Suggesting exercise to me in that state is preposterous.
One thing that has saved me from suicide in the past was that I simply didn't have the energy to get up and do it.
Poignant

There are countless things that can help you cope, as you get better, but in the long run, nothing is better than exercise to negate feeling lousy.

We fall deep into depression, it takes a lot of time and effort to climb out. Things in this life out of our control will always test our ability to deal with emotion, constantly. But in the end, if your physical self isn’t being taken care of, and that includes proper sleep, nutrition and exercise, you’re not giving your mental well being all it needs to be it’s healthiest as well.

That, and learning to generally make better choices in life, go a long way.