Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DON - First Time - DON: A trip report

completeki

Bluelighter
DON: A trip report

I am sorry in advance if this is vague in any way, I am more of a Q&A type of person, if you have any specific questions, i am sure they are buried in my head and can be answered just yell! :)

DON Trip report.

Before dosing , I fasted for several hours (6) before ingesting this chem.

8:00 pm : I weighed out a 5mg dose, and dissolved it in water, and down the chute it went.

8:02 pm: I can feel an initial surge, of what could only be described as hollow energy through my body, seemed to flow from one end to the other very quickly.

8:30 pm: The energy is building inside of me, the flow hollow energy, has turned into a forceful push. My stomach is fairly cramped. I am slightly nauseated. My mind is clinging to certain thoughts, I can feel my mind drifting to another place.

9:00 pm: Decide it is time for a joint to help with the nausea and a chance to get some fresh air. I step out of my door to find that the hallway (bright way), is slowly bending from side to side. I don¡¦t have much time to site and adore these visuals due to the nausea that is building more rapidly.

9:10 pm: Return from a very well rolled joint ļ , and proceeded to shit down for a minute to re-gather myself, I put on some grateful dead, and turned the lights low. My stomach is still in pain, rather unrelieved from the joint that had just been smoked.

9:20 pm: After a short trip to the bathroom and strong session of puking into my toilet (I must say this actually did not feel bad at all, it was quite wondrous at the moment), I come out to find myself being hurtled quickly towards a full blown psychedelic experiences.

9:45 pm; I bundle up and decide its time for the long walk. I am in a good mood, my body is still adjusting to the idea of tripping. Every minute I become more comfortable, its just a matter of time, before I am fully immersed in this. My mind seems to be very open and discussion is not only flowing well, but oh so stimulating. The visuals are starting to pop up, like a bright haze to everything.

10:15 pm: been walking for a long time, still on the walk. The visuals seems to keep getting more impressive. There is a slight ¡§lsd sparkle¡¨, but its so much more than that. I tend to find myself smiling and ogling over a branch covered in ice. The visuals for me seems so happy and safe, and so very much like a cartoon. I look at the sky and see pastel colors and streaks of baby blue, and orange and other soft but bright colors.

10:45 pm: I am peaking right now, the idea of taking notes is becoming harder and harder to do, my mind is to fluttered with happy thoughts. (I noticed nothing could bring me down, no words could change the mood of this trip, no situations either). I watched as people went about there life¡¦s, leaving bars, getting into cars, arguing, and was so intrigued by the thought of human interaction that I couldn¡¦t move, I could only watch and enjoy.

The notes stop for a couple hours here, from my memory (which is surprisingly right on for that night) I ventured deep into the forest, and with a friend whom I had meet up with, had long conversations, meaningful and deep.

1:30pm: return from the exploration in the wild and not so wild ļ, its far to cold for my friend to be out , although I am quite fine the coldness seems to keep my high body temp in line. I did find that being inside, I tended to get hot. My friend and I have not stopped talking yet, but at this time I find it necessary to stop all talking and enjoy.

2:30 pm: The visuals are so profound its boggling my mind. They are powerful and grandiose like LSD, but cartoon like and safe and more upbeat.

3:00 pm: I am attempting to mix feebly, after about 20 minutes I get the hang off it again ( in my new state of mind) I am infatuated with thoughts of controlling sound that I mix for 2.5 hours solid, enjoying myself and laughing the whole way.

5:30 pm: I find the plateau starting to level out and I am definitely coming down, but this seems more like coming to a realization, I feel something changed inside of me tonight, some good.

5:45 pm: I decide to sit down with my book, and I loose track of time here, I read a good amount of pages before I drifted off into what I could call the most beautiful sleep. Its same to assume it was near 8 am when I went to sleep.

In retrospect, the day after and the day after that I found the change in myself. I have become less cynical (was a very cynical pessimistic person), I find now I am more dreamy and relaxed and doing this has become much easier. I also found that the world seems happier and brighter the last 2 days. Its safe to say the afterglow is incredible.

All in all, I like DON very much, I think it¡¦s a lot different than the do-x compounds though. It seemed so much more intense for me.

Anyways, that¡¦s that!

I liked this report, only thing I want to know, is:Could you sleep at any point during the trip, or did you really have to wait to come down before you could go to sleep?

excellent !! well written too !! :)

submit this to erowid, they don't have any reports on it... yet !!

a very, very interesting experience, but what do you feel as much more intense as the other do-x substances ? i think dom, dob and doi are rather intense too, i'm not speaking of experience, but i've read a lot about it. what do you find more intense about don? the thing that sparked my interest most was the cartoonish appearance everything took on, i have seen another report on (i believe) dob that said the same (i remember now it was peoplesmind, with indeed dob:http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100030&highlight=dob* ). for the rest i must say that this was an extroardinary experience, very nice one indeed !!

Well it was just as intense for me as DOM and DOB, doi was not quite as intense, but intense in its own way. DON was very intense, a little to much energy at some points though!

i found my DON trip nowhere near as intense as DOB. much shorter in duration, less of a visual nature, less euphoric.

there was about one minute of intense visuals, which was superb, but other than that it was uneventful, and i was left with a stimulated feeling that got a bit uncomfortable after about the 10th hour (i'm not big on stims).

the dose was ~3.5mg. next tie i will probably try 4.5mg.

Nice report... I think this is the first real trip report I've read about DON.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience with various phens... I found San Pedro to be stimulating, sounds like in the same way you described. I also like to avoid stimulating psychedelics, especially long acting ones. Can you compare the two?

You mentioned grandiose visuals like LSD, but more cartoony and "safe"... can you describe any of the more memorable visualizations?

I get cartoon like appearances on DXM, it`s not that there are any visualisations to speak of, but everything has cartoon-like shadows and seems a bit exaggerated.

bluedolphin said:
can you describe any of the more memorable visualizations?

at one point, it wasn't that the walls and floor were breathing, it was more like my entire field of vision was warping. other than that i din't get much past standard breathing/morphing.

^^ michael, care to write up your own trip report (or if you already have please link it, a search on don* comes up with a database error)?:) i would like to see more reports on it, i think i am speaking for the whole (tr) community actually. it would be great to compare them all.

it would be extremely short - about all there was to it is contained in my two previous posts. maybe after i try it at a higher dose i'll write one up.

Well, my visuals were much different. Apart from the typical breathing of the walls, when i stepped back into my room, a part of a cinder block wall was showing (white-walls), the nocks in cranies in the wall, cause the wall to seem bright neon blue, bright orange, and birght pink, then as i would look at it, i would see a layer infront of the wall, move around widly. This was like a sheet of plastic 2 feet in front of the wall, flolding in on its self geometrically and then unfolding and revealing the wall behind it.

Another memorable visual was at i looked at the sky through the leafless branches of a winter struck tree, i found the the tree it self had a ray of the same blue, orange and red, on either side of the branch, and as the wind moved these branches the blues and reds and oranges would blend and snap into these spirals of color.

Last visuals and most impressive, where the morphing of what people looked like, (not only facial, but body), as i was talking to my friend, his face turned a light green color and seemed to resemble a fish, then his body seemed to shrink before me and then pop back into normal size only to transform into something different.

THat last visual was probably the most profound i have had on any substance, the face morphing was much stronger than lsd.

Very intresting. Ever since my DOB expierence (which blowmonkey mentioned), i have been interested in the DOx class. The entire series seems rather intense, and the visuals astounding. Despite the strong visuals, I find that the mental/'spiritual' effects outweigh the visual/physical effects, which is one quality i look for strongly within a substance. Very execellent report.

peace,
Nitin

Update, its been a little over a weak, and the afterglow still astounds me, i have been in a better mood ever since.

Very nice!
Thanks ehaps for posting. has anyone else got any DON experiences to share? Post a thread! :D

Man, something about the 4-nitric acid -dma DON one has been popping into my head for a long time now..

For many reasons, first its so easy to make, its as easy as brominating some 2,5-dma to get some (crappy..) DOB or whatever.. nitric acid, its not a normal halogen, but unlike DOM etc still just as easy to make..

I've seen some old hive threads on DON, there were people making it and eating it up but I don't know much more than that, - and sure, completekei lol - yep, it ain't acid.. i know how you love your acid..buuut,

I gotta say this trip report, reading it again recently, funny now i know you in person (i read this a long time ago way before talking to you), but it looks fucking good compared to DOI/DOB/DOC..

I've read elsewhere, and I don't remember where.. about some people that kept dosing on DON throughout the night, having a fucking blast, it seems like this stuff is real psychedelic, yet has some kind of "fun" quality people are reporting (too few reports!).

2:30 pm: The visuals are so profound its boggling my mind. They are powerful and grandiose like LSD, but cartoon like and safe and more upbeat.

Yeah, re-reading this report I don't really remember the details from last read of it, also that was before my more 'recent' really profound LSD trips on that white unperfed i had a while back. Shit, so far sounds good to me..

In retrospect, the day after and the day after that I found the change in myself. I have become less cynical (was a very cynical pessimistic person), I find now I am more dreamy and relaxed and doing this has become much easier. I also found that the world seems happier and brighter the last 2 days. Its safe to say the afterglow is incredible.

All in all, I like DON very much, I think it¡¦s a lot different than the do-x compounds though. It seemed so much more intense for me.

Did it feel "different" than the other DO-halogens, bromine/B, iodine/I, chloro/C, seems the halogens feel similar or whatever then you have DOM etc that are different - not sure where the nitro group fits in here but for something as easy to make as DOB, well, it sounds way better :).

"that kept dosing on DON throughout the night, having a fucking blast, it seems like this stuff is real psychedelic, yet has some kind of "fun" quality people are reporting (too few reports!)."
Aside from lacking the real depth of acid, it also feels better :p