•     THE LOUNGE    

Welcome Guest!

Read Before PostingBluelight Rules

• Lounge Moderators: D's | Lil'LinaptkSix

Social Drop a Selfie!

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
i just got out of hospital after 5 weeks.

the issues were cholecystitis, a gallstone lodged in a duct leading from my pancreas causing pancreatitis and bacteria backing up in to my gall bladder. my gallbladder perforated and, after surgery to remove it, an internal bile leak caused a case of peritonitis.

after 5 separate surgeries, everything is fixed. check out the epic surgery site!

stitches01.jpg

sweet selfie :)

alasdair

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew

the issues were cholecystitis, a gallstone lodged in a duct leading from my pancreas causing pancreatitis and bacteria backing up in to my gall bladder. my gallbladder perforated and, after surgery to remove it, an internal bile leak caused a case of peritonitis.

after 5 separate surgeries, everything is fixed. check out the epic surgery site!

stitches01.jpg

alasdair
I'd just change the story to you got shot, it carries more street cred.

MsDiz

Moderator: DS
Staff member

stitches01.jpg

alasdair
Oh my gosh! That’s awful! Hope you heal up soon! Plenty of R&R! ❤️

Shady's Fox

Bluelighter
Palm trees & sea, just walkin along the beach.

stitches01.jpg

alasdair

Our old man still takes hunting thropies for whatever haunts him, so what now? any antibiotics prescribed or just try to not exhaust your body type thing advise.

Dropperneck

Bluelighter

stitches01.jpg

alasdair
Jesus man, that sounds really awful! Glad to hear you came out okay. In recent years I’ve learned not to take my health for granted, and lived a lot cleaner. Still feel like I’m gonna get some crazy cancer from all the shit I’ve put my body through over the years.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! Btw, I happen to agree with you on the rest of it: Dune is a fantastic read, although the first book of the OG series was the best and then it kinda trailed off after that. But the newer ones (by the son) are amazing also! And I freakin LOVE Magic The Gathering; I had original Serra Angels in a white and red deck, lightning bolts too, they were worth $$ and my mom THREW THEM OUT. I was SUPER pissed!

And female butts - generally superior to male butts. However, it depends on whether it’s attached to someone you love ;)

I thought the first one was the best the first time I read them, and that the last 3 were just plain weird and kinda random. But then years later I read them all again and I actually enjoyed the last 3 the most. The last one is definitely not the end of the story, and I wondered why it stopped there.

Turns out, he died before finishing them, he was going to write 3 more. His son worked with him and took his notes to write the last 3 after he died. I have heard they're not anywhere near as good, so I haven't read them.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member

stitches01.jpg

alasdair

Wow, man. So glad you're okay. <3 That sounds horrific.

xtcgrrrl

Moderator: SLR
Staff member
I thought the first one was the best the first time I read them, and that the last 3 were just plain weird and kinda random. But then years later I read them all again and I actually enjoyed the last 3 the most. The last one is definitely not the end of the story, and I wondered why it stopped there.

Turns out, he died before finishing them, he was going to write 3 more. His son worked with him and took his notes to write the last 3 after he died. I have heard they're not anywhere near as good, so I haven't read them.
The new Dune books, written by the son, are AMAZING, imo. I love the ones he wrote about the backstory of House Harkonnen and House Atreides. You should definitely check those out

xtcgrrrl

Moderator: SLR
Staff member

stitches01.jpg

alasdair
Glad you are doing better! My best friend had open heart surgery a couple of years ago (yes, during the nightmare of 2020!) so I know how hard recovery can be from that sort of thing. Hope you’re feeling well now!

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
Okay, finally decent enough 64 GB only though but that'll do me really. New Samsung tablet much prefer to iPad.

Better video qual & picture, sound for one.

iPads are weird too, Samsung tablets a doddle quick wipe super clean forever, iPad kinda grimy needs chems prob, sticky screen.

Still learning each app.

Today, 1st cam trial.

And a new look me too.

Been through life's bushes and some universal depression lately but.... is it me or is my head proper round or what? :ROFLMAO:

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
Okay, finally decent enough 64 GB only though but that'll do me really. New Samsung tablet much prefer to iPad.

Better video qual & picture, sound for one.

iPads are weird too, Samsung tablets a doddle quick wipe super clean forever, iPad kinda grimy needs chems prob, sticky screen.

Still learning each app.

Today, 1st cam trial.

And a new look me too.

Been through life's bushes and some universal depression lately but.... is it me or is my head proper round or what? :ROFLMAO:

Youre the British version of cox...