• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Drugs Are Actually Good, Says Columbia Professor

dragonix

Bluelighter
David Nutt I knew about nice to see another professor sharing I agree criminalizing intoxication isn't helpful but what would really happen if all drugs were legalized?

acklac7

Bluelighter
David Nutt I knew about nice to see another professor sharing I agree criminalizing intoxication isn't helpful but what would really happen if all drugs were legalized?
Well, technically speaking, the top-3 worst drugs known to Man are already legal, but require a prescription:
mPINBKI.jpg

wHl14fr.jpg

23ZGzpR.jpg

Last edited:

Sunyecho

Bluelighter
Trying to find my self but unable so far.
I will say this, if you figure out who he is on here don’t say anything publicly, just shoot him a PM inquiring if in-fact he is Carl Hart. He should respond back 👍
I believe that this is too much info if you are right. Leave the man be. If he wanted to go out of the BL closet he would do it like late McAfee. But I appreciate much more when people do it offline than online. Let us leave this subject and appreciate the mans work. :)

Last edited:

acklac7

Bluelighter
I believe that this is too much info if you are right. Leave the man be. If he wanted to go out of the BL closet he would do it like late McAfee. But I appreciate much more when people do it offline than online. Let us leave this subject and appreciate the mans work. :)

Agreed.

My post(s) have been edited. If you could please edit my quote in your post that would be great 👍

I will say this, the Man is an all-around phenomenal individual. The knowledge he provides this forum (on a daily basis) is absolutely unreal.

I get it, he wants to be rather anonymous on here, I can’t fault him for that. But said anonymity most likely leads to people either not paying full attention to everything he says on here, or worse, writing off what he says as common-man conjecture. The thought of people not paying full-attention to his posts and/or writing off his posts troubles me. He, like many others on this board, provide an invaluable source of information. There’s so much you can learn if you know who he is and make it a point to listen to what he says.

Hopefully I didn’t cause him too many problems 👍

Sunyecho

Bluelighter
Trying to find my self but unable so far.
Agreed.

My post(s) have been edited. If you could please edit my quote in your post that would be great 👍

I will say this, the Man is an all-around phenomenal individual. The knowledge he provides this forum (on a daily basis) is absolutely unreal.

I get it, he wants to be rather anonymous on here, I can’t fault him for that. But said anonymity most likely leads to people either not paying full attention to everything he says on here, or worse, writing off what he says as common-man conjecture. The thought of people not paying full-attention to his posts and/or writing off his posts troubles me. He, like many others on this board, provide an invaluable source of information. There’s so much you can learn if you know who he is and make it a point to listen to what he says.

Hopefully I didn’t cause him too many problems 👍
Did as you asked. :)

Keif' Richards

Moderator: BDD, OD, NSADD
Staff member
I agree with a lot of the sentiments of people here. When I first started getting high in my mid-teens, I would've told you that "what mother gives you" and "nature" and "herbs" were meaningless in relation to medicine or recreation. Like everything else in the natural world, we had conquered it and made it better through science. That was my opinion.

Now, I'm older and I've had more experience. I find myself often thinking how much I would love to talk to a 100% for-real, natural medicine expert from some tribe in the jungle. I don't know what I would learn, but I would love to hear them speak on the subject of old(er), natural(er) medicines vs. the ones we crank out on the assembly lines in modern times.

I believe that drugs probably have an essential role in the overall psychological evolution of humans. I can't say "one trip changed the course of everything", but what if it fuckind did just that? I'm not the first person to make such a seemingly outlandish suggestion. I just believe that anything that allows us to expand our minds, thought processes and everything else can have practical benefit for mankind.

I believe that Opium is not so bad. Folks in the middle east frequently use it as a panacea for lack of other medicine and it seems that there's really no ill-effects upon Opium users aside from their dependencies. I think taking Morphine from the Opium was probably our first mistake. I understand the great advantages that rapid, IV Opioids can have for patients, but really, who's to say that 99% of other pain problems couldn't be controlled by varying levels of Opium? There would be outlier situations I'm sure, but just think about it, I know I am.

I then look to Cannabis/Marijuana. The argument many make about the need for different strains. -9THC is analogous in a lot of ways to the Opium/Morphine relationship. When Pharma attempted to make some of the early Cannabis pharmaceuticals, it just wasn't the same. Patients were adamant that the refined, pharmaceutical THC just didn't have the full range of effects. Now, they're studying all of the other chemicals in the plant and how they interact. Cannabinoids, Terpenes and so on all contribute to the effects of a given variety of bud.

I really have to wonder if there is some similar phenomenon with say, Opium. Is it possible, that by just using the refined substance, we are missing out on some other form of the "entourage effects".

birdup

Moderator: CEPS
Staff member
Keif' Richards said:
I find myself often thinking how much I would love to talk to a 100% for-real, natural medicine expert from some tribe in the jungle. I don't know what I would learn, but I would love to hear them speak on the subject of old(er), natural(er) medicines vs. the ones we crank out on the assembly lines in modern times.

Great post man.

Those shamanistic experiences are out there, waiting for you. We're in a time and place now - more than ever - where you can go and have traditional medicines all around the world.

Amanita Muscaria is an amazing journey.

If I didn't start a family, I would have ended up in a hut somewhere on the top of a mountain, tripping off my tits.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
I’m going to be trying a new, highly under researched plant tonight, wish me luck! While I’m no “natural is good” snob I am fascinated by natural drugs as they are usually fairly novel in effect. Like cocaine for example is so unique it always blows my mind that no other drug comes remotely close. Cannabinoids, opiates, DMT, Mescaline, so many gems. There’s gotta be more out there. My goal before I die is to find one..

-GC