News DRUGS - the musical - on the upcoming Overdose Awareness Day (31 August)

Hello to the Bluelight community

On 31 August, it will be International Overdose Awareness Day. The tag line for this year's campaign is - Don't let a day go by without doing something to #endoverdose

It could mean having naloxone handy, or using a reagent test kit or fentanyl strip on your gear, or avoiding use when alone where you may not have someone able to call for help if things go wrong. It could be advocating for safe consumptions sites and drug checking services in your part of the world. Or just sharing solid harm reduction advice here at Bluelight.

Over the years, and especially the last 12 months, we've tragically seen some of our Bluelight friends die from overdose. So let's spread the word and look after each other as best we can - we know harm reduction can save lives.

And on that note, we want to let you know about a Canadian initiative supporting harm reduction called DRUGS the musical! It's a fundraiser for Canadian harm reduction groups, as well as an online performance that will be broadcast on Overdose Awareness Day (31 August). See the info below.

Excitingly, our very known @Outlier will be part of the performance for the December show. We at Bluelight look forward to joining other harm reduction organisations to support this cause later in 2021.

More info about Drugs The Musical copied below!

Take care everyone
Tronica

musical_aug_21.jpg

DRUGS! (The Musical)

Joe Amero is a Toronto based comedian and Social Worker. He's a graduate of the Longform & Improv conservatories at The Second City Training Centre where he co-created his prolific troupe Pepperoni Pizza Cats.
Joe is an alumni of Bad Dog Theatre's Featured Players and has enjoyed performing stand up and sketch comedy as well as appearing in films. Joe is a survivor of addiction and is beyond grateful to spend his time these days with his loving family.

DRUGS! (The Musical) is the follow up to his sold out one person show Blood.

But this isn't about Joe Amero or even DRUGS! (The Musical).

The whole idea was created to raise awareness through education and de stigmatize drug use by celebrating the true and steady soldiers on the front lines doing the real work and contribute to their amazingly worthy cause.

ALL the proceeds from this campaign will benefit Canadian Harm Reduction efforts and initiatives.

Harm Reduction (as defined by The Canadian Drug Policy Coalition ) is a comprehensive, just and science-based approach to substance use. It represents policies, strategies and services, which aim to assist people who use legal and illegal psychoactive drugs to live safer and healthier lives.

Thanks you all in advance for your contribution to this undeniable, evidence-based intervention and the amazing people practicing it and saving lives every day.

Check out all the partners here (list with links to each partner across Canada)

Our goal is to hand them $1000 each to aid in their amazing work (but we're fairly certain they'd accept more)

Please donate today

HARM REDUCTION SAVES LIVES!

You can also follow DRUGS the musical on Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a friend die right in front of me I hit him with narcan shot and he was still out his girlfriend did mouth to mouth then we ran down the road to get some narcan spray I had that goes up your nose he's ok now but be careful in Texas cuz I did a shot and didn't even make it into my bed my mom found me passed out in the kitchen I've just been taking small doses of it but people who are just starting out y'all gotta be careful cuz that shits some fire I've been using it for like three months after getting out of prison it's hard to stay sober once you start so any advice to anyone who likes opiets don't get addicted I know it's the best high ever but addiction is a mother fucker!

Man it hurts everytime i hear of a tragic overdose, whether i knew the person or not it doesn't matter.

Hopefully one day we can get the overdose rates down. Overdoses in the united states, from opioids alone has caused more deaths than were lost in the Vietnam war, and the Iraq War.
I am on methadone at a methadone clinic I started at the end of April ,I was at 60ml and holding,also taking my heart meds and trazodon and gabapentin that was at 600mg four times a day,on June 13,I feel asleep and my husband and son could not wake me,my son administered narcan and it worked...somehow and I swear I went on for a month and a half then overdosed!It's now July 22and I'm in heart failure.,how did this overdose happen???The doctor at the clinic said he felt it was the gabapentin,but why after taking it the whole time would I overdose???I don't understand at all and I'm scared the hospital lowered my dose to 50ml,four days later I got the doctor at the clinic to lower it too forty,then I went into withdrawal which was kicking my ass 😞 bad,I asked to go up to 45 which I did ,3ml then 2ml three days later.question what are the views of you nice people as to why I overdosed???Was it the gabapentin?or the heart failure?the only reason I ask about the heart failure is I was holding 15 pounds,of water.i notice even now that I don't pee very well the first 20 hrs ,then pee like a race horse the last four hrs prior to dose.and I do drink a ton of water,the cardiologist just now put me on jardiance,which works well for dumping water when in failure,I'm 62yrs old and had suffered a massive heart attack at age 36,do to hereditary.Any answers would be a good send❤️because I am scared to death it will happen again,oh I only take one gabapentin now,which I was taking for a messed up spinal cord 😞

I am on methadone at a methadone clinic I started at the end of April ,I was at 60ml and holding,also taking my heart meds and trazodon and gabapentin that was at 600mg four times a day,on June 13,I feel asleep and my husband and son could not wake me,my son administered narcan and it worked...somehow and I swear I went on for a month and a half then overdosed!It's now July 22and I'm in heart failure.,how did this overdose happen???The doctor at the clinic said he felt it was the gabapentin,but why after taking it the whole time would I overdose???I don't understand at all and I'm scared the hospital lowered my dose to 50ml,four days later I got the doctor at the clinic to lower it too forty,then I went into withdrawal which was kicking my ass 😞 bad,I asked to go up to 45 which I did ,3ml then 2ml three days later.question what are the views of you nice people as to why I overdosed???Was it the gabapentin?or the heart failure?the only reason I ask about the heart failure is I was holding 15 pounds,of water.i notice even now that I don't pee very well the first 20 hrs ,then pee like a race horse the last four hrs prior to dose.and I do drink a ton of water,the cardiologist just now put me on jardiance,which works well for dumping water when in failure,I'm 62yrs old and had suffered a massive heart attack at age 36,do to hereditary.Any answers would be a good send❤️because I am scared to death it will happen again,oh I only take one gabapentin now,which I was taking for a messed up spinal cord 😞

Hey..

Maybe repost this here: https://bluelight.org/xf/forums/the-dark-side.47/

:)

Hello to the Bluelight community

On 31 August, it will be International Overdose Awareness Day. The tag line for this year's campaign is - Don't let a day go by without doing something to #endoverdose

It could mean having naloxone handy, or using a reagent test kit or fentanyl strip on your gear, or avoiding use when alone where you may not have someone able to call for help if things go wrong. It could be advocating for safe consumptions sites and drug checking services in your part of the world. Or just sharing solid harm reduction advice here at Bluelight.

Over the years, and especially the last 12 months, we've tragically seen some of our Bluelight friends die from overdose. So let's spread the word and look after each other as best we can - we know harm reduction can save lives.

And on that note, we want to let you know about a Canadian initiative supporting harm reduction called DRUGS the musical! It's a fundraiser for Canadian harm reduction groups, as well as an online performance that will be broadcast on Overdose Awareness Day (31 August). See the info below.

Excitingly, our very known @Outlier will be part of the performance for the December show. We at Bluelight look forward to joining other harm reduction organisations to support this cause later in 2021.

More info about Drugs The Musical copied below!

Take care everyone
Tronica

musical_aug_21.jpg

You can also follow DRUGS the musical on Facebook
How can one ask for naloxone, can you just ask the pharmacist?