• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Drugs, violence and racism are creating a 'cocktail of neglect' in Marseille

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

Drugs, violence and racism are creating a 'cocktail of neglect' in Marseille​

Jeevan Ravindran
CNN
28 Dec 2021

The southern French port city of Marseille has made headlines in recent months over the deaths of several young people in drug-related shootouts, in what is often referred to as a "settling of scores."
A spate of killings this summer, including that of a 14-year-old boy named Rayanne in mid-August, prompted two visits from President Emmanuel Macron in September and October and a promise of billions of euros to tackle the problem.
Ahead of the French presidential election early next year, Marseille looks set to become a battleground for candidates to show their commitment to addressing socioeconomic problems, with several pledges made by various parties amid much fanfare.

Read the full story here.

Damn. That sounds really dangerous If I were a migrant I'd stay in the country I came from instead of raising my kids in an environment like this.

Just saying it's the responsible thing to do. France seems a bit of a shit hole rn.

Damn. That sounds really dangerous If I were a migrant I'd stay in the country I came from instead of raising my kids in an environment like this.

Just saying it's the responsible thing to do. France seems a bit of a shit hole rn.
Well I’d say most migrants are probably fleeing worse situations in their home countries. So for westernized folk it sounds really bad but for them it’s still better than a war zone, dictatorship, etc.

Well I’d say most migrants are probably fleeing worse situations in their home countries. So for westernized folk it sounds really bad but for them it’s still better than a war zone, dictatorship, etc.
if you consider not having money to be a worse situation then yes.

I don't think there are as many women and children fleeing war zones as you think.

if you consider not having money to be a worse situation then yes.

I don't think there are as many women and children fleeing war zones as you think.
Alright that’s fair, I used extreme examples

I would say that the opportunities for education in France are still much greater than their home countries. Many immigrants move so their kids can have better schooling and jobs

Many immigrants move so their kids can have better schooling and jobs
yea and a lot of them get exploited by trafficker's who sell them into slavery. picking weed in grow houses, sold into prostitution, as wife for Chinese men, or just sold into hard labor.

tbh i think that the west should discourage illegal immigration.