• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower Durban Poison

bongdong

Bluelighter
Organic full-time outdoor grown Durban Poison sativa beat-up trichome action macro attempt. Cheers!
62330699-DB.jpg

If you don't mind my asking: are you a South African or in South Africa?

I'm surprised my countryman @Coffeeshroom hasn't made an appearance here. If not for any other reason than to comment and compare notes. He had a bit of a rough time a little while back with one of his prize plants (due to unexpected and unseasonal rainfall).

Weed also not my thing. But the significance of the strain is not lost on me. And the International value of the same would have you fall on your back (if you don't know that already of course). And which I have to say is rather perplexing to somebody like me.

I also know enough about it to recognize the quality of the fruits of your labor! Well done to you. :)

Well we all now im a South african born and breed.

That nuggut looks insans but i have a pure outside durban poison plant and will havrest in a week or two and we can compare if you like

Look dope af

@dalpat077 yeah i had a very devastating blowing but so far i have already harvested 300g and stil have a third left so not all lost. But let's see how my durbon poison comes. if only we could do swapsies lol

Well we all now im a South african born and breed.

That nuggut looks insans but i have a pure outside durban poison plant and will havrest in a week or two and we can compare if you like

Look dope af

@dalpat077 yeah i had a very devastating blowing but so far i have already harvested 300g and stil have a third left so not all lost. But let's see how my durbon poison comes. if only we could do swapsies lol
Good morning.

Well I for one would like to see your handiwork as would the OP I'm sure.

I was asking if the OP was here or overseas. If it be the latter: I was wondering how the fuck our seeds made it there! :ROFLMAO:

I have to admit that I was totally taken off guard by just how much this shit is actually worth (as detailed in the DEA's latest National Drug Threat Assessment Report). Very surprised. And cannot say as I understand it. If you take into account the relative ease with which this shit is grown here vs. the cost of growing vs. what it's sold for Internationally: it's mind boggling to me. Maybe it's just a function of being spoiled here in the sense that this shit has just always been around i.e. part of the furniture as it were. And of course with it now being legal: nobody even bats an eyelid anymore.

Sadly, once again, not my thing. But hey: don't ever say that I didn't give you a heads up in life!

That's actually something I'd like to know i.e. with this global drive to decriminalize and legalize this shit are these countries allowed to import the shit legally or not?

One thing I know for sure: some of our strains are infamous and highly sought after (all three of which, as I understand it, you just happen to have BOET! :ROFLMAO: ).

Here. From the DEA's National Drug Threat Assessment Report 2020 (which I know for sure you couldn't be arsed to read):

"Criminal Organizations and Marijuana

Profits

Where personal marijuana cultivation is legal
at the state level, growing marijuana for profit
offers drug traffickers substantial profit with
little risk. A grower with some experience and
the proper equipment can produce up to one
pound of marijuana per plant per 90-day growing
cycle. Therefore, six marijuana plants can
produce roughly 24 pounds of marijuana in a
year. The average black market price for high
quality indoor marijuana is $800 - $1,000 USC
per pound, meaning growers can potentially
earn $19,200 - $24,000 USC per year from six
“legal” plants. Prices are higher in state markets
where marijuana is not legal, meaning growers
can command double or even triple the average
black market price.

DEA reporting indicates drug trafficking
organizations with substantial experience,
equipment, and resources are able to produce
up to 1,800 pounds of marijuana per year for
every 100 plants cultivated, earning as much
as $5.4 million USC in that time from those 100
plants."

That's 100 plants dude! 100! 10 rows of 10! Compare that to... 😇 Makes no sense. And there's not even any fucking chemicals and precursors involved. Like I said: makes no sense to me. But who am I to question i.e. not my area of expertise or interest. I'm still stuck in the '80's! :ROFLMAO:

If you don't mind my asking: are you a South African or in South Africa?

I'm surprised my countryman @Coffeeshroom hasn't made an appearance here. If not for any other reason than to comment and compare notes. He had a bit of a rough time a little while back with one of his prize plants (due to unexpected and unseasonal rainfall).

Weed also not my thing. But the significance of the strain is not lost on me. And the International value of the same would have you fall on your back (if you don't know that already of course). And which I have to say is rather perplexing to somebody like me.

I also know enough about it to recognize the quality of the fruits of your labor! Well done to you. :)
That indeed is a beautiful bud.

Mission accomplished on the macro shot! Definitely poster-worthy. Durban Poison is my next acquisition as I'm also concerned about the future of iconic landrace sp. I've had a source-grown Thai strain going for years and want to collect others. Oz is on a similar latitude to SA so I reckon our long hot summers will suit Durban Poison very well.

Good morning.

Well I for one would like to see your handiwork as would the OP I'm sure.

I was asking if the OP was here or overseas. If it be the latter: I was wondering how the fuck our seeds made it there! :ROFLMAO:
Interestested in this too as i can already say mine looks nothing a like.
One thing I know for sure: some of our strains are infamous and highly sought after (all three of which, as I understand it, you just happen to have BOET! :ROFLMAO: ).
SHHHt don't tell anyone
That's 100 plants dude! 100! 10 rows of 10! Compare that to... 😇 Makes no sense. And there's not even any fucking chemicals and precursors involved. Like I said: makes no sense to me. But who am I to question i.e. not my area of expertise or interest. I'm still stuck in the '80's! :ROFLMAO:
i had an indoor operations at in stage moving and harvesting 6 every 4-5 weeks and that kept 3 people insanely busy. more then you think.
But i have a dream of farm somewhere in the wild coast or Transkei area and to grow endless rows. And hand that shit out for free :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Interestested in this too as i can already say mine looks nothing a like.
Well then I suggest you PM the OP and make friends and get some grow tips or something! We have work to do! :ROFLMAO:

But i have a dream of farm somewhere in the wild coast or Transkei area and to grow endless rows. And hand that shit out for free :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It can be arranged with a little bit of ingenuity I'm sure. As for handing it out for free: seems to me you are in desperate need of a pep talk, some direction, and a business manager! :ROFLMAO:

Which reminds me. I need to follow up and find out what's happening with that bill (that would legalize commercial growing etc.). It was put before parliament at the beginning of this year is memory serves me correctly and we're now almost half way through the year and I've heard nothing. But then it's not something I've been researching or on the lookout for either. If I find anything I shall report back.

In the meantime I have some fish to fry (in my next post)! ☢️

Well then I suggest you PM the OP and make friends and get some grow tips or something! We have work to do! :ROFLMAO:

It can be arranged with a little bit of ingenuity I'm sure. As for handing it out for free: seems to me you are in desperate need of a pep talk, some direction, and a business manager! :ROFLMAO:

Which reminds me. I need to follow up and find out what's happening with that bill (that would legalize commercial growing etc.). It was put before parliament at the beginning of this year is memory serves me correctly and we're now almost half way through the year and I've heard nothing. But then it's not something I've been researching or on the lookout for either. If I find anything I shall report back.

In the meantime I have some fish to fry (in my next post)! ☢️
I have my sister on it, any legal changes in the weed constitution and i will know About it, Already applied for three licences for three different grow spectrums you can call it and failed all 3 but we keep trying.

They are looking more or are more focusing on the out port guide lines then national income gain. There looking at it backwards as i understand. Just Cause Miss Zilla has been exporting for years low key.

Lol your business ideas are always welcome but i wanna at least give 50% back..

Where in the world can you grow outdoor like this? :O
We have 2 warm months a year, growing outdoor here creates bitter bushweed you can't smoke without coughing

ikr. the planet should be a big bio dome for weed. we're going to need it. lot's of medical AND recreation. I wish it WOULD grow like a weed.
Actural natural occuring weed was very normal.
It's just they got (and still get) cut down all the time :/

Mission accomplished on the macro shot! Definitely poster-worthy. Durban Poison is my next acquisition as I'm also concerned about the future of iconic landrace sp. I've had a source-grown Thai strain going for years and want to collect others. Oz is on a similar latitude to SA so I reckon our long hot summers will suit Durban Poison very well.
That is indeed a very very nice shot. And it'd have been nice to hear from the OP.

If I may be so bold as to ask (and at the risk of coming across as a total idiot): exactly what is the "iconic landrace sp"? I tried to look it up before asking. All I could find was that it is a type of wheat or barley. Or a type of pig! :ROFLMAO: So I'm guessing neither is correct.

I'm pleased to see that you too are concerned about the future and preservation of certain flora (whatever the above refers to). Me too. Suddenly! Go figure! Explanation to follow in the next post.

Hey! All of you! Just fucking slow down for one minute!

This sure has been a year of enlightenment for me.

And for the first time in my life: I understand why the Colombian's are so full of shit when it comes to their precious flora!

I feel violated!

Australia? New Zealand? Where does it stop?

So let's get down to ethics and business!

Durban-anything and Swazi-anything are indigenous to South Africa. And given that I'm the self-appointed curator of ALL flora indigenous, and other, to the Sahara Desert and Sub-Saharan Africa: you can throw Malawi-anything into the mix as well.

So to all you potheads this is how it's going to work (and bearing in mind you're not dealing with the FARC here or some or the other South American gangsta people):

My countryman @Coffeeshroom and I demand 25%, free of any deduction and exchange, of all proceeds of sale of said strains such proceeds to be calculated on the full retail price. And should said strains not have been grown for the express purposes of sale: we demand 25% of the yield and which is to be sent via overnight courier (FedEx only) at the grower's expense.

We also reserve the right to add to the list of said strains as and when the same are discovered in the said regions of which I am the self-appointed curator as noted.

Failure to comply with the above shall have us approaching the United Nations General Assembly and bitching and squealing and making a big noise about the exploitation of Africa and its flora! Your respective governments can then weed you out (pun intended) if they deem it fit to do so in order to aid them in making restitution (failing which said restitution shall be the sole burden of the tax payer in your respective countries).

And should the United Nations General Assembly not vote in our favor: we shall then contact Greta Thunberg and let her loose on you.

And should Greta Thunberg fail to have an impact and achieve the desired result: the next time you're smoking any of the said strains and paranoia sets in and you imagine there's an armed terrorist-like apparition to your left? Hint: it's not paranoia nor is said armed terrorist-like apparition an apparition!

Any questions?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I have my sister on it, any legal changes in the weed constitution and i will know About it, Already applied for three licences for three different grow spectrums you can call it and failed all 3 but we keep trying.

They are looking more or are more focusing on the out port guide lines then national income gain. There looking at it backwards as i understand. Just Cause Miss Zilla has been exporting for years low key.
Well on a serious note: that's nice to know. So I can count on you then to keep me updated? Not joking.

I actually do have an interest in this but from political and socioeconomic points of view. I sincerely hope that we don't go down the road that some other countries have gone down with legalization (other than for personal use which we already have bedded down nicely). By that I mean: the small guy (like you and, probably, hundreds of thousands of others here) has been precluded from the process and from obtaining production and export licences or the cost of entrance to the market, by way of fees charged for licencing and other requirements, has been made so high that the small guy will never be able to afford said fees thus precluding them from entrance into the market but just in a different way. End result: only big pharma. and consortiums (the latter sometimes being funded by criminal organizations anyway) obtain licences for production and export. And should this end up being the case: well that's going to piss me off somewhat.

Fact of the matter really is that because of the demand for this shit worldwide: there is absolutely no reason on this planet, for South Africa anyway, to have impoverished people. Especially when you take into account the vast empty tracts of land that we have. That's where I'm coming from on this.

The problem and which I sincerely hope that we avert here: all of these grand schemes start out as being very well intended but somehow end up fucked in reality.

Mind you: if I know our fellow countrymen and majority the way I believe I do they'll not take any shit like the above lying down that's for sure.

Lol your business ideas are always welcome but i wanna at least give 50% back..
Dude. While I appreciate your offer: I was thinking of only 10% as a business mentoring and management fee! And then only for a limited time i.e. until you're up and running and on your feet. Unfortunately: I have to have a feel for something that I'm involved with. And weed I don't have a feel for. Yeah I know. It's dumb. But what can I say. If there's a hard way of doing things: I'll be the one to find it and pursue it! :ROFLMAO: And of course: I don't personally consider it a narcotic. Takes the excitement out of it for me somewhat! :ROFLMAO:

Weed never made it over the land-bridge to Oz so we have no endemic varieties. Almost everything grown here was from smuggled Asian sativa or Indian indica stock during the '50's and '60's, and occasionally some Durban Poison snuck in. They loved the climate and grew brilliantly, but over time those genesis varieties were crossed, for better or worse, and their lines bred out of existence. Different forums and vendors refer to them as being landrace varieties, but I can't say why.

We grow practically everything we consume here now, and commercial weed grown in illegal gardens in our State forests is widely known as bush-pig - rough as guts, hardy and seasonal in the southern half of the country. It takes some sac and a year of your life to pull off a grow, so having faith in your chosen seed is crucial for all the right reasons. Pedigree is my chief concern and no matter what they are referred to as, landrace varieties are a known quantity. I haven't the space nor time to waste on chance. I might add that their is no commercial imperative here, just an enduring interest.

We're not within a bull's roar of growing our own here without penalty, but the market is still alive with product so supply is never an issue. Quality can vary, but with easy access to seed from a library of named varieties there are few complaints. In small circles, however, purists still cultivate and enjoy the relatively stable descendants of those famous varieties, Durban Poison included, and more now. Just try to stop us ;)

kinda looks like the monster from Stranger Things

I'd smoke that for sure

Not the best quality photo but this is how my landrace strain of durban poison looks like and those white specs on the black background are crystals falling off, lol the shame

Also keep in mind, mine was grown completely outdoor with no feeds or nutrients except for the soil that was prept before hand. So the rest was just up to mother nature and our beautiful climate, might not look as tasty but all is in the smoke. Maybe if i can get a better camera i will take some better pics

Not the best quality photo but this is how my landrace strain of durban poison looks like and those white specs on the black background are crystals falling off, lol the shame

Also keep in mind, mine was grown completely outdoor with no feeds or nutrients except for the soil that was prept before hand. So the rest was just up to mother nature and our beautiful climate, might not look as tasty but all is in the smoke. Maybe if i can get a better camera i will take some better pics

Howzit Boet!

I'm no expert as you well know. But that's nothing to be ashamed of as far as I know and so far as I can tell. Only difference I can see really is that the OP's picture is clearer and has the tongs as a reference point for size.

And as you say: your's grown naturally and without being nursed.

And besides: we're not having a competition on this thread (or are we? 🤣 ).

Wait until you see my plant. Should be good for a laugh. Well it's not mine. It was gifted to my girlfriend some time ago. Apparently chewing the leaves is good for pain (fucking bullshit if you ask me and the placebo effect at its best). It's a pain in the arse actually. Takes up space, does fuck all so far as I can tell, and only gets watered when I remember (which isn't very often) yet somehow it's survived! Fucking weed! 🤣

I know about those crystals though. Somewhere in the depths of my notebook I have a YouTube link to some dude who is fucking anal about making joints. I'll try find it and post it here because I'm sure it'll be of interest (not to mention entertaining). In short: he rolls the thing, already has some resin (or whatever it's called) which he then wraps around the outside in an almost ornamental form, then dabs those crystals in the resin to make it look nice. Must admit it looks quite sweet.

Anyway. Nice. Thanks for posting.