• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Scraps & Redundancies

Well, I have roboflipped three times. My first time doing it, I had an absolutely horrible experience on it. Ended up bad tripping. Then again I drank 6oz. of Robo my first time (should have stuck w/ just 4oz.), so I have a feeling that may be why. Next two times I flipped, I drank 4oz. bottles and had a wonderful time. I would say it all depends on your surroundings and mind set going into the flip. It's definitely an experience unlike no other.
------------------
"How the fuck do you feellllll?"
AIM ~ FutureAeons

ive visited the dextro realm (4 0z. both times) on two occasions...and my consensus is for the most part it sucks ass. It had an xtc feel to it the first time. the second time i spent most of the time on the toilet.......sure i looked great the next day..i was totally ripped but no enlightening visions or great theorizations came out of it..
but you have to give everything at least three chances so im sure i'll probably do it again before i die

I've done some pretty high dose experiments with it, and I will tell you that I have always found it both enjoyable and enlightening.
From my experience, the best thing is just to puke when you get nauseaus and then it will clear up. Also, staying relatively still on the higher doses will keep the stomach from churning too much.
One of the reasons I think less people find DXM to be profound is because of the dissociative amnesia. Basically, every time you bring your wandering thoughts to the conscious attention of the Self, they disappear as if they were never there, leaving you with an incomplete feeling. You can learn to combat this by letting the thoughts flow through to their confusion without interruption, often, you'll find yourself at the end of the experience with either an absolute sense of what ego-less experience is like, or with some grand conclusion that you can look at later, when you've come down.
The dangers from dissociative use are very real, and DXM is one of the more toxic drugs. If this wasn't the truth I'd probably use this drug a lot more often.
Just my thoughts
Pure
------------------
What is freedom? I don't know anymore. Its something so far removed from anything I've ever experienced that I'm not sure I can even comprehend it. Make Freedom A Reality
http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum31/HTML/000557.html?reload=0

No, DXM doesn't suck ass.
It fucks ass. (That's good, right?)
Just make sure you have some high-grade herb around you, and easy smoking method that won't start fires easily (chillum, pipe, what not)

yup, it mixes nicely with weed.. some people say they only hallucinate if they smoke weed with it. the combination with K is incredibly messed up. one time i mixed the two in a dark, silent room, and proceeded to watch the universe end to a trance score. i mean *watch the end of the universe* in great detail, stars and galaxies collapsing and exploding in vivid, realistic color.
i've had other 'inflight movies' on DXM, including travelling through a city of tunnels and huge buildings in a train or car.. they tend to be thematic and last several minutes.

Yea, 'thematic' is a good word for D-trips, Roches.
One time I 'woke up' (I had been awake tripping) in a puddle of ooze (me) on the floor. (340mg, hopefully not an Olney dose.)

I've done DXM a few times...I'll summarize each experience below...
1st DXM Trip - it was me and a good friend, at his place...we did 2 4oz bottles each. We got the stuff down easy enough (I guess partly because we had no idea how bad it would taste and what effect it would have on our stomachs.) After downing both bottles we sat down in his room and put on our respective discmans, figuring music would take our minds off the taste and mild stomach discomfort.
My colleague says he didn't get much outta the music...me, OTOH, found it to be quite enjoyable. At one point I could distinguish and seperate each individual sound I heard. I had a much deeper connection with the music, and it was generating positive and happy thoughts. (On a side note I think listening to music really helped us settle...I don't remember having any stomach pain or discomfort while listening to the tunes.)
About an hour after ingesting the liquid we talked for a bit...I remember talking about this story idea I had about the merging of God and Lucifer (don't ask.) There were also two discernable points where I got this rush (for lack of a better word) of extreme happiness. It was really something...I wanted everyone to feel exactly as I did. I don't remember much of what I said, but my friend later told me I said something like "I'm on a direct hotline with God."
About 1 1/2 - 2 hours after ingesting my friend decided to call someand and invite him over. At first I was hesitant about this idea...even got me a little paranoid. In an instant though my feelings changed on the matter...I wanted to interact with this person while under the effects of DXM. Eventually the doorbell rang, and when I tried to get up I fell right back to the floor. After a few minutes I tried again, and mustered just enough strength to stumble into the bathroom.
I must have blacked out, because the next thing I know I am sitting on the bathroom floor, and see a considerable amount of vomit in the toilet. I assume it must have been mine, because later on (when asking about this) my friend said no one else had gone into the bathroom but me. It's freaky though because I have no memory at all of puking that much crap up...
The remainder of the trip had me crawling to and from the bathroom (to vomit) and the living room. I must say it was the strangest sensation...robowalking that is. When I did manage to actually stand up and walk it felt as though I was skipping through time. That is, if I walked a distance that normally took 10 seconds to accomplish, I would feel as though I was doing it in only 3-4 seconds.
Eventually it started to die down...I remember for the 2 hours or so before I left my friend's house I had this annoying double vision...I would have to really concentrate and focus to make anything into just one image. Luckily it went away to an extent where I could drive home.
Overall my first DXM experience was wild...it was my 2nd drug done (first being green.) The puking wasn't fun, but the overall sensation and feeling of the trip is something I will not soon forget.
2nd DXM Trip - this was with two friends...and we had green this time.
Me and the guy mentioned in the account above did 1 1/2 4oz bottles...our female companion did 1 4oz bottle. About an hour after ingesting we decided to smoke some green (to both heighten the trip and eliminate any stomach discomfort.) Even though I think it was more difficult getting the syrup down this 2nd time around, I didn't get much pain at all, and I don't think I vomited during the entire trip.
Anyways we all took some pipe hits...about an hour + 1/2 after ingesting (plus the smoking) we decided to lie down and just talk to one another. It was a very interesting experience...I felt a deeper emotional connection with my fellow trippers. (They later said the same thing.)
From what I remember we spent the majority of the trip just sitting and talking...I know we had some pretty bizarre conversations (including one about liquifying dead people which I'm still trying to make sense of.)
Overall this was a great trip. I think the green really had a positive effect. Although there was less "otherworld-liness" than the first trip, this one was more social. Even though I have always aimed for the higher plateaus this trip showed me lower level ones can be fun too.
3rd DXM Trip - I was with the same two people this time. The female tripper settled on 1 1/2 4oz bottles, while me and the other guy decided to go big and do 2 1/2 4oz bottles. Like last time we got the stuff down (and let me tell you...2 1/2 bottles is TOUGH.) IIRC we waited about 10 minutes and started hitting the pipe. About an hour after ingesting (and several hits each) we all found a comfortable place in the room, sat down, and relaxed. Like last time we planned to just sit and talk, and see where the trip took us.
We didn't do much talking though. From what I remember it seemed I was shifting into other realities...one moment I would be in the room with the other two trippers, and the next I would be somewhere else entirely. I remember one of the realities was on a ship in the middle of the ocean. Another was either in my old high school or in my current place of employment (it could have been both...my memory of this trip is somewhat hazy.)
In any event I spent what must have been 3-4 hours in this trance, going back and forth between the realities my mind was creating and the real one. I know at one point, while jumping back and forth, I was trying to distiguish which reality was real...I can vaguely remember asking people, in each reality, if it was really real or not. Wild stuff.
Eventually we all recovered...both my friends can't remember a thing about the trip. Sucks for them. This is the closest I have ever gotten to the 4th plateau...if nothing else this trip psyched me up for a true 4th plateau trip, like the ones I read about on the net.
4th DXM Trip - This was with the same two people as in the 2nd and 3rd above trips. I'm pretty sure I decided on 2 4oz bottles...I think the guy did 2 also and the girl did just 1. Immediately after ingesting the syrup (this was by far the most difficult 2 bottles to get down) we all started taking bong hits (mainly because all of us were feeling stomach pain...me and the other guy moreso though.)
About an hour after ingesting we had all taken about 4-5 hits...I thought it would be enough to mask the pain and discomfort that I knew was still there. I was wrong.
About 5 minutes after putting away the bong I rushed to the bathroom and began puking. In all I must have puked like 15 times, over an hour or so period. I remember sitting there in the bathroom floor, feeling the layers of sweat on my head, and trying not to choke on my own vomit. It was definitely a very unpleasant experience. (I also remember seeing the other guy puking into a wastebasket several times...guess it was too much for him too.)
After about an hour and a half of hell in the bathroom I went back into the bedroom, hoping to relax and salvage something positive in this trip. It was not to be though, as I got one of the worst headaches in my life while everyone else was sleeping (not long after I came out of the bathroom I think we all considered the trip to be a bust, so we all decided to just get some rest.)
Overall a negative experience, and that's putting it lightly. I admit I am a bit reluctant to do DXM again (I haven't done it since) although I think the syrup is the reason for my hesitation...the stuff seems to taste worse every trip.
In any event, when all is said and done I would recommend DXM...when everything goes well the trip can be really spectacular. I would though recommend having some green present to alleviate the stomach pain (more bottles = more green.) Also try not to eat anything for at least 8 hours before the trip. If memory serves correctly that 4th disaster trip was the only time I had a meal within 8 hours of ingesting the syrup.
When all is said and done though, I'd recommend doing DXM at least once. Just make sure that first time is done right, or you'll be sorry.

Ok, can some blulighting higher-ups clarify what this thread (and ones like it) are about? This thread read "DXM, does it really suck ass?" and I expected positive and/or negative effects occurring prior (e.g. nervousness about drinking nasty-ass cough syrup) during, and after the drug experience.
If it takes a little explanation, go ahead, but it seems like this thread began turning into a place for trip reports.
Is this type of thread for trip reports, or simply the most important information [that you can remember or explain in English words] from your drug experiences?

i LOVE robotripping. ive done it tons of time and ive loved it every time. just give it a try, what do you have to lose?

i think robotripping id fucking cool...i dont over do it...i do like once a month sometimes i wait longer....but i think its cool to down some robotussin and smoke a joint
smile.gif
it seems to kick in much better with some herb...much smoother
smile.gif
but just thought i would post my 2cents
-ecstasy_user
------------------
i pop 4 e's at one time, and i dont need water when im swallowing mine-D12

DXM kicks ass, i first did it about a month ago and about 6-7 times since then. I completely lost it on my first time, after smoking marijuana at the peak of a 600mg trip. I lost all motor control and was convinced that i was never going to regain it. Ive noticed that plenty of my friends that ive introduced DXM to havent really enjoyed a 1-2nd plateau dose...i myself find a 1st plateau dose to be nothing more than an annoying buzz. I suggest that if you're gonna try DXM, do about a 450-500mg dose and have some weed on hand. Oh and also xanax has helped me heaps on dxm whenever i feel like i cant handle it.

Thanks for the info everyone it was very helpful.
------------------
I LIKE PORK!

Just to throw in my two cents, DXM does have some very redeeming qualities. All of my experiences with it were positive, except for one instance involving a reality check (unexpected emergency which required that I act sober and responsible, which I pulled off with a great deal of effort..) during an 800mg peak.
One way to avoid negative experiences is to get pure powder and avoid going near any nauseating cough syrups.. Another is to have a dark place to lie down with music. This kind of atmosphere lends itself best to the DXM experience.
Just because DXM is OTC, it does not mean it is a shitty high. I feel like some of the most significant trips in my life have been on DXM.

i agree with ^ the dude above me, dxm is an ill drug if u treat it right, moving and shit can make u naseus, def gotta have herbs cause it makes the trip like 1000000 times better, seriously.

Once some friends and I decided it would be a a great idea to mix DXM with LSD. That was just about the wierdest shit I've ever experienced in my life. I found it enjoyable mostly but one of my friends kinda freaked out and started getting stuck in these wierd ass holes.
One thing I've noticed though is that now when I take it I tend to get really bad bodily reactions. Mostly my heart pounds so hard I'm afraid my chest will explode. That only happened with 8oz though. The trip part was cool however. I was in my bed then all the sudden I was in my car driving down the freeway. I t was so real I actually thought I was there. When I started jumping bewtween that world and the real world and I realized it was in my head, that's when it really got fun. Since it seemed completely real when I was in my car, I would purposely drive really fast then crash into oncomming cars or telephone polls! Fucking intense but cool. There was also a time when I was flying over tree covered mountains, I didn't have time to enjoy that as much though because I was too busy forcing myself to try to puke the shit out of me cause I was feeling pretty damn ill at the time.
------------------
"I'm suttle...
suttle like a T-Rex..
and I haven't even started yet, one week on the road and I'm already wrecked"~MCD

in my top 10 list of favourite drugs, ketamine and dextromethorphan are numbers one and two..
i guess it depends on the person.. some people like being dissasociated from their bodies, and some dont.. id assume the people who dont outnumber those who do, cuz there alot of kids badmouthing the shit on this forum..
all i can say is try it, be reasonable, and be safe..

The One and Only Offcial DXM Thread: DXM - Your Thoughts

Your thougts on dextromethorphan aka DXM. Bad, good, your first expierences - hell, even if you've never tried it, what are your impressions of it?
Me, I love it, I like it as much as ketamine and shrooms, I find it to be a very useful tool like marijuana to ketamine. Just because it happens to have another tool of reducing cough doesn't effect my thouhts upon the drug in the least.
For those who enjoy use, how long do you use?
And have you had any adverse effects from your DXM usage. Lets be honest. =)
I try to keep my dosing in the 900mg area and about twice a week maybe even longer, hopefully.
Thanks all.
[ 06 September 2002: Message edited by: goodkarma ]

Last edited by a moderator:
twice a week is just a little often to be using it in my opinion.
I've had some wonderful DXM experiences that were fully as powerful as LSD or mushrooms, however, I always had a pretty hard time with the amnesia. It felt pointless, because so much of what I thought about was lost.

Oops did I say twice a week, I meant once every 2 weeks, not even. But yea I hear your PuristLove, thats why after I trip I tend to write a 'trip report' as soon as I can (usually when coming down). I find that to be the best and most helpful thing to remember, writing. thanks for sharing.