• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos early stage benzo WD vs opioid WD

The thing is a benzo didn't remove this feeling for me last night when I took 20 mg Valium after 2 weeks off the valium. So I have to conclude it's opioid caused. I felt the valium make me drowsy but I still felt caffienated like that and not the "releif" that opioids instantly give

I just kicked subs and xanax at the same time. Well, I'm still feeling the benzo wds ( get waves here and there), but I'm on the mend now going on 5 weeks off benzos and over 7 weeks of the subs.
I did a rapid taper and once I went a day or two without the xanax if I tried to take the xanax I still had that amped feeling. The xanax didn't make me feel the same way it had even a couple weeks prior. It's one of the main reasons I decided to go forward and just kick them.

You may be in a little bit of benzo wd, but if you aren't noticing and other symptoms ( i.e psychosis, ear ringing, a specific neck pain, headaches) you are probably not going to get too bad.
I have read where valium wds can take a while to kick in, but you're going to know real soon if you dodged the bullet or not.
If you did and are going to continue to take I would most definitely do them in moderation. May not be as lucky the next time ( I know you said you just did up to 3 X a week, but that is probably pushing it with valium)
Good luck and you should be proud of yourself for kicking the md and taking back control of the valium.

Last edited:
Benzo withdrawal is 100000x worse than opiate withdrawal imo. From my experience, being dope sick is physically worse than benzos; however, the tremors and anxiety from benzo wd can last weeks, months, and for some even years. At least when you're withdrawing off dope you start feeling better after 5 days or so, whereas benzos you feel shaky, foggy, and crippled by anxiety for at least 3 weeks (depending on what kind of benzo you're addicted to) before you start feeling normal.

The worst part of kicking benzos is the mental fog. I kicked a 6mg a day Kpin habit over the course of a month and I could barely even function and would CONSTANTLY forget what I was doing, and this was particularly problematic when I had to go to class or work. At least with dope, Id be sick as fuck but I could still think somewhat clearly.

How would you compare this to doing 7.5-10-15mg of valium for 5 months? (I gradually increased, at first 7.5mg fucked me up hard, now 15mg doesn't do quite that much so I've been trying to stay around 12.5 lately). I didn't ramp up to 15mg until 2 months ago or so.

I'm trying to get off this shit soon, I really needed it. But some things have pushed it back such as recently having to redo a course of steroids that make my anxiety fucking ruthless. Just had major sinus surgery 3 weeks ago and the surgeon prescribed me too few of them by mistake, so just as I'm finally feeling free from the shit, I get the most awful headaches of my life, then I'm put right back on it. Fuckin hate prednisone

As far as my memory says, both have same noise but not same level of noise. Leaving behind pills is far harder because they destroy your nervous system and your whole personality goes on by itself — is like some form of parasite looking for a host and only at times you hear yourself but is temporary and is far more common to be at same level of substances given society nowadays but rule of thumb is that at core nature they both differ, is like you can't tailor without a special needle tailor. I think if you follow basic living instincts you might be able to leave your signature behind and change. I knew someone who was addicted and his mom slide him on streets.. his mom had a decent job, working as a TV post and he lived decent like no one died from poverty let's face it, it's all human crafted in end run and he also died. He OD on methadone but not beforr, maybe.. who knows where they're today — the rehab ward he was there was this group who bc of him gained a whole new world perspective and a few years later one of them, a women — phoned him and said she was able to finally travel around the world and that's meaning of life. I think this is what everyone should tryna do, if you have one life doesn't mean you need to be nasty.

Never been dependent on benzos.

Very family with opioid withdrawal.

The early onset of opioid WD feels like a coffee overdose + feeling like I'm made of lead.

Does the early onset of a benzo WD feel any different from opioids? Please describe.
I honestly sometimes can't tell the difference between opiate withdrawal and benzodiazepine withdrawal I don't know whether it's one or the other sometimes the beginning is the same however I've noticed with the benzos it's feeling of something misfiring in your brain as well like a headache kind of thing but the same initial things of hot and cold sweating a lot although with opiate withdrawal you initially get a lot more of the yawning eyes streaming waves of hot and cold ect

Dan

Opioid WD - Coffee overdose feeling that lasts about a week.
Benzo WD - Meth overdose feeling that can last for months/years (if it doesn't kill you).

This is a highly subjective question, from which highly subjective anecdotal responses seem likely to vary significantly and contradict as well.

I’ve more experience with- from the mildest to the most severe, the respective withdrawal syndromes of both benzodiazepines and opioids- than any human should ever have. Each are unique versions of hell.

The thing which always stood out the most to me during the pre-stage to beginning stages of benzodiazepine withdrawal is the severe aversion to looking people in the eye, and meeting, and especially holding someone’s gaze while surviving a pointless conversation. The instinctual reaction of wanting to immediately turn and sprint away is almost overwhelming.

While opioid withdrawal presents as a violent episodic illness, benzo withdrawal is an almost completely cerebral psychological manifestation.