• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Etizolam tapering questions

U4IK

Greenlighter
Ive been taking etizolam for ~6 months. Doses varied over the months, but Im currently taking 2mg once daily. I ocassionally will take an additional 0.5mg on a particularly bad day. What is the recommended tapering guide if I would like to get off of them. Ive heard to decrease 0.5mg every week until down taking nothing. Not sure if that is accurate. Anyway, I hope im not violating any terms by asking these questions, so sorry if so, but I could really use some help. I would really like to get myself off of them ASAP without causing me any major withdrawals. I have a very stressful job that I need to be able to function well at. I never take the meds before work, only after, and never with any alcohol or any others Benzos. I do have a Rx of diazepam but not more that 15 or so 5mg tabs. Thanks for taking the time to read this. MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE PROPER THREAD IF NECESSARY.

decrease 0.5mg every week until down taking nothing
Yes, do that until you are on just 0.5mg, then at the end of the week of 0.5mg switch to the 5mg diazepam (0.5mg of etiz is the same strength as 5mg diaz) as the diaz has a longer half life and almost 'self tapers' itself out.
So you have 15 diaz right?
Do 1 week on 5mg diaz (-7)
Then cut the tabs in half ( they will have a snap line)
Do 1 week on 2.5mg diaz (-3.5)
That will leave you with 4.5 x 5mg diazepam left aka 22.5mg
At this point you can just keep halfing it every few days/day until nothing and i highly doubt you would get any WDs 👍

I
Ive been taking etizolam for ~6 months. Doses varied over the months, but Im currently taking 2mg once daily. I ocassionally will take an additional 0.5mg on a particularly bad day. What is the recommended tapering guide if I would like to get off of them. Ive heard to decrease 0.5mg every week until down taking nothing. Not sure if that is accurate. Anyway, I hope im not violating any terms by asking these questions, so sorry if so, but I could really use some help. I would really like to get myself off of them ASAP without causing me any major withdrawals. I have a very stressful job that I need to be able to function well at. I never take the meds before work, only after, and never with any alcohol or any others Benzos. I do have a Rx of diazepam but not more that 15 or so 5mg tabs. Thanks for taking the time to read this. MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE PROPER THREAD IF NECESSARY.
I hope you’re not violating any “terms” either! Not because I care about rule-following but because when I joined bluelight it was the place to come to talk about any and all things drug-related. Has there been an addition of some of that “no sourcing” bs Reddit did a few years back? God I hate that place. Anyways, as for your question, I’m guessing you have pills and not solution for your tiz. The general “rule” is to decrease 5-10% weekly. In your case, 0.5 mg decreased in one week exceeds that amount. It’s always important to remember and consider the dangers of abrupt cessation of benzodiazepines or their relatives. For you, at 2.5 mg per day, 5% is 0.125 mg. 10% would be 0.250 mg. Do you have 1 mg tablets? 2 mg tablets? Do you have a scale? Can you crush up a few tablets, find out the average weight of a single tablet, figure out how much tiz (how many mg tiz) is in each pill (divided by how many mg a pill weighs)?