• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Euphoric Diphenhydramine experiences

The Holy Quadruplty

Bluelighter
There's a lot of bad diphenhydramine stories out there, but I've also read positive ones, and I have positive experiences with it. Mostly when taken with other drugs, but have by just diphenhydramine itself. If you have any positive diphenhydramine stories with, or without other drugs please let me know, and how the experience felt.

One of my first DXM trips was together with some DPH because it was usually recommended to take some against the nausea (which I shouldn't get but I didn't know that back then), I think it were just 50 or 100mg's of DPH. I was listening to psytrance music and heard a deep voice telling me not to be afraid and to let myself go - thought it to be lyrics but when I listened again to that disc there were no lyrics. After that voice I got surges of euphoria and a long lasted anxiolytic effect after the trip. But some time later I took DPH alone, 500mg, and it was just a weird, gummi-like body high and sedation. Thankfully no spiders. DPH is certainly a weird substance. Never took it again because it didn't help me to induce sleep like doxylamine or hydroxyzine do.

But you might be into something about euphoric DPH experiences, I think even scopolamine has been studied as a rapid acting antidepressant (in animals, of course). But I think it might just be the memory inhibition which lets one forget a bit similar to how people forget on alcohol, and not an actual antidepressant effect. In the end they use relatively simple animal models like the forced swim test to determine antidepressant effects and I'd imagine that a guinea pig or a rat would continue to try to escape an inescapable situation for longer when memory formation and recall are inhibited.

Also are anticholinergics even in occasional use linked to dementia.

Last edited:
As "hammer to the head" sedatives go, DPH ain't too bad. Clonidine is an example of another "hammer to the head". Trazodone might be another.

It's a bit euphoric on it's own compared to them. If I have a cold and need to be dried up, had a bad day and need to be relaxed to sleep, or to potentiate an opiate, it can feel pretty good.

The only positive DPH experiences that I ever had were when I took a moderate amount (about 100mg), waited an hour and then smoked some weed. That allowed me to get the high and mild visuals without the hellish body load that comes along with high-dose DPH.

love dosing 100-200 mg a lot, havent done so since april 21 2023 but i love that range for aphrodisiacle reasons, music enhancement, and the "dreamy" feeling. soooo good w weed and a 5-8% drink. not the best for ur body tho forsure .. i bought a 100ct bottle last night but im gonna try ti have more self control w this one (will probably fail miserably)

Nah I generally don't tolerate dph well at all. Makes me antsy, and my one real trip on it was weird. Deliriants in general are spooky .Hydroxyzine I can dig though.

I have been experimenting with high doses alone. I just took 700 mg moments ago. I enjoy it with caffeine and music. The auditory hallucinations are very real, like indistinguishable from reality. I could hear my neighbors talking about me on a 700mg dose last week. They were saying very specific things that seemed like things I couldn't have imagined but I know I was delusional. Very interesting. Had to turn on music because it was getting kinda paranoid feeling. But otherwise Very relaxing. Their is a heavy body load. Erowids effects are accurate. Vision gets blurry after an hour or two and last 12-24 hours. Had same thing happen on Datura l. In my opinion it's best around 200-300 mg with 400-800 mg DXM, a few hydrocodones, an energy drink, some bud and good music, like minimal melodic or dark house. That's a potent mixture so be careful. But yeah, that's my opinion of DPH. Good potentiator for DXM, opiates and weed and occasionally good at 700 mg with caffeine and music.

I never had one good experience with diphenhydramine or it’s chlorotheophenyl salt. Every time it was the same: low dose was boring and when you go higher (eG over 100mg) you get this vile feeling in the arms and legs. Never found it to combine in any useful way with other drugs. So apart from its use as an antihistamine against opioid induced itching it is of no use for me.

I just took 400mg 45 minutes ago and I don’t feel much. It usually takes an hour or two to kick in for me. I’m at a sober living and that’s all I have access to for the time being. I also have to watch out for drug tests and this won’t show up. I do want to have some for tomorrow but they usually take about 2 hours to start feeling it for me. I’ll update if it starts hitting. I’ve taken it before and then added more to my first dose because I hadn’t felt it and it hit me like a freight train. It was about 850-900mg that last time and I’ve done it a couple times. I also like doing it with some coffee which I will be doing tonight along with cigarettes. Usually get a mild euphoria associated with it. I have 650mg left on me so I’m gonna see how this plays out. I’ll keep posted.

Last edited:
I have been experimenting with high doses alone. I just took 700 mg moments ago. I enjoy it with caffeine and music. The auditory hallucinations are very real, like indistinguishable from reality. I could hear my neighbors talking about me on a 700mg dose last week. They were saying very specific things that seemed like things I couldn't have imagined but I know I was delusional. Very interesting. Had to turn on music because it was getting kinda paranoid feeling. But otherwise Very relaxing. Their is a heavy body load. Erowids effects are accurate. Vision gets blurry after an hour or two and last 12-24 hours. Had same thing happen on Datura l. In my opinion it's best around 200-300 mg with 400-800 mg DXM, a few hydrocodones, an energy drink, some bud and good music, like minimal melodic or dark house. That's a potent mixture so be careful. But yeah, that's my opinion of DPH. Good potentiator for DXM, opiates and weed and occasionally good at 700 mg with caffeine and music.
DPH has some pretty serious cardiac side effects. it's not safe to be taking 700mg, especially w the added cardiac load of caffeine, especially w DXM on top of that.

I had a decent trip last night and took another 400mg this morning with some coffee. Gonna give it a little more time then take another 200mg and see how it goes. Makes me feel pretty good overall. That is coming from an addict tho who’s tried almost anything to get a high. You will definitely start tripping at doses around 800mg and up and to me it’s something I enjoy. Some people hate it and don’t like it that’s on them. Don’t take it then. For me, when I have nothing else to do and since I’m at a sober living currently, I can’t get ahold of any hard drugs. And it’s something I enjoy doing and helps with depression. With that being said I’m gonna keep adding to it throughout the day and see how this goes. Not as euphoric as say Molly or meth or anything like that, but to me it definitely makes my day better. You will get some euphoria and that’s at 400mg. Up higher doses and you’ll start hearing and seeing things and the euphoria will increase. For me, it’s like a weak Molly high with some paranoia that comes in waves then eventually levels off and hits you for a few hours consistently. I like that, some people don’t. I’ll keep posted and see what happens. I took these an hour and a half ago. At 2 hours I’ll take another 200mg. I only have 350mg left. I will be taking 750mg today. Does anyone know of any otc drugs that are good? Like any you can enjoy. Let me know.

Last edited: