• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

everyone is bisexual

^^ that is perhaps one of the sexiest posts I have ever read...you're such a bitch. * grabs Invalid and kisses him *

^i'm with you! :D

i think we're suffering from the 'med-student syndrome' here a little bit. a guy opens up a textbook, reads about all kinds of illnesses and disorders and diagnoses himself with every last one of them. (this is simply an analogy)

we are exposed to others' attraction to the same sex, undoubtebdly feel it to some extent, hence we determine we are bisexual... yet we really, really have no idea how different someone who's got these same urges, but on a different, much higher scale feels, and how much it can change their emotions and actions... we completely ignore the biological factors involved (everyone IS different).

and, having conclude on one's bisexuality, one goes on to project this onto others. that is doubly wrong now!

there are obvious advantages to gain from being bisexual, to say nothing of its recent social acceptability, especially for the hetero crowd... however, IT IS A CHOICE!

being homosexual is NOT...

^^^
Sooo true!

One gay friend of mine and I kid around that we are the same sexual orientation. monosexuals. Except his monosexuality is same sex based, and mine is other sex based. But other than that slightly different point we exist at the very ends of the bell curive (albeit, at opposite ends). :D

Invalid Usename said:
^^^
Sooo true!

One gay friend of mine and I kid around that we are the same sexual orientation. monosexuals. Except his monosexuality is same sex based, and mine is other sex based. But other than that slightly different point we exist at the very ends of the bell curive (albeit, at opposite ends). :D

Hahahahha.

I really think you misunderstand my post.

I would eat my left testicle before claiming that homosexuality was anything OTHER than a choice. People who rely on claims of biological determinism, I have always felt, do so on the basis of homosexuality being an abberance of nature and thus will only 'accept' it if they can view it in such a way ie 'you could not possibly have chosen to be gay because it is just so disgusting. Obviously, you were BORN this way.'

I have always understood this 'fluid sexuality' in the same context. I do not understand why you choose to interpret it in the context of biology??? Also, given that you defend your 'gay cred', my post must have implied somehow you unacceptance of homosexuality. I never suggested this. ever.

All i said is that, as a personal observation, ppl resistant to the idea of fluid sexuality are often people who identify as exc heterosexual. That is all.

And I have gone back and read your posts and you are obviously an intelligent person so please stop misconstruing everything i am saying. While I do not agree with your arguments of biology, I am not so foolish as to think that anyone who proffers such an argument is automatically homophobic.

Last edited:
As i said, I went and re-read all the posts and gee did I come in with the wrong post at the wrong time:D

I *wholeheartedly* disagree with your posts IU but we seem to have much the same reason for doing so. You posted that people who choose to believe it is a choice (ie it can be stamped out) should follow the Hitler scientist's or something to that effect.

I have always though people who have to conclude that homosexuality occurs on the basis of a gene or something as hideous have to do so because they cannot comprehend a male simply CHOOSING to fuck another male up they arse. Surely it would have to be a result of nature.

Now i make this judgement IN NO REFERENCE TO YOU. I am sure you don't really care but I am just making this statement. I just think it is perfectly valid to believe that homosexuality is a choice and at the same time NOT want to stamp it out.

You also said that people who believe that eveyone is bi are casting their own experiences onto everyone else. Well, i am pretty sure that you are doing that same thing when you choose not to believe that you may have the same capacity. And I am not casting any aspersions as to whether you do or don't. Only, we all rely on our own experiences/biases when we make any statement about sexuality.

candyslut said:
Are you homophobic??? (HAHAHAHA, sorry, this was my attempt at a joke. ):D :D :D :p :D
No, I'm homoaerobic. It's more fun exercising with gays. :D

I define sexual orientation from a biological standpoint because that has been a part of my life. We are built upon our genetic heritage, and how that has shaped the potentials within our brains. And those traits are further shaped by our experiences, and later by our ability to metaprogram. Even more important, is that every genetic heritage is a valuable one. If that were not, then that strain of the genetic heritage wouldn't be here today to continue the dance of life.

That's why racism is so misguided. It completely loses sight of the bigger picture. Some of us just can't grow out of the tribal mindset. And if that says anything, racists are still stuck in the xenophobia of the primitive cave man. And to me, sexual orientation prejudice is carved from the same bone as is racism.

Great artists do not arrive at that ability out of decision. It was decision (and sometimes obsession) which allowed their talent to flow out of them and express itself. But that talent exists completely independent of their decision to express it.

The important thing is to look inside and realize who you are, and to be that.

From the standpoint that the majority of people are likely bisexual, I would tend to agree with that. That there is varying degrees of cross arousal potentials in most people, and the degree to where the could be represented on the bell shaped curve of sexual orientation determines the strength of orientative arousal impulses, and ultimately what they will and won't respond to.

And herein lies the pressure to conform to the "heterosexual ideal" forced upon the individual via their culture. It's the difference between the "Natural Man" and the "Cultural Man" (the actual individual gender not withstanding).

It's so easy to see that sexual normals are cultural, and that humans are so very adaptable to them. Just one quick look at the cultures in Rome or Greece, or in the old of Central Africa, or in the jungles of South America. We humans are a very adaptable species sexually (far more adaptable than our cousin chimps are).

And at the very core of this adaptability is a biological tradition, shaped by countless decisions and successes and misfortunes. And each one of us has been gifted with a true sense of uniqueness, of traits which are strong and others which are not.

Culture and its norms are just what happens to be the fad occurring during the time that we are alive. It's so very hypnotic to get caught up in it. But it is far from what we really are.

In a thumbnail, that is how I look at things. I just happen to be one of the weird ones, who's neurology simply won't light up and share with those of my own gender. But that's just my little piece of the pie. :)

But that pie is incredibly huge. The sad thing is that our cultures are so often wrapped up in stereotypical engrams that our natures tend to get caught up and lost in it. :(

^^^^^^^^^Homoaerobic????? Hhahaa. I had to laugh.

Although, from a gay guy's perspective, I think I find it *extra* fun to exercise with gay men:D :D

candyslut said:
^^^^^^^^^Homoaerobic????? Hhahaa. I had to laugh.

Although, from a gay guy's perspective, I think I find it *extra* fun to exercise with gay men:D :D
See, us monosexuals have a lot in common. ;)

Sorry if this has been said, i don't have time to read all the posts right now. No, everyone is not bisexual. First, from what i have learned, sexuality is biological.

I saw a show on the discovery channel which did a brain scan on both males and females, strait and gay. They showed each person a photo of an attractive person of the opposite sex, and of the same sex. The scan showed that there are areas of the brain that light up when you are sexually attracted to someone, labeling him/her as a potential mate. For strait males the arousal part lit up for photos of females only. For strictly gay males it only lit up for photos of males. For most strait females however the arousal center did light up a bit when shown photos of attractive females, showing that perhaps women are more likely to be bisexual. Homosexual females generally had a little activity for photos of males also. It has been shown that generally women are biologically more emotional than males, so the idea that they may be more bisexual isn't absurd in my mind.

This information was backed up by a recent study of pheromones. Animals use pheromones to smell out the opposite sex because the difference between a male and female isn't as visually obvious in animals. Although the use of pheromones in humans is very small, it still exists. A group was studying the effect of pheromones, and through brain scans showed that when a female smells the fresh sweat of a male (which contains pheromones) her brain identifies him as a potential mate, and when she smells a females sweat nothing happened. The test subjects smelled a worn t-shirt so they couldn't tell weather the sweat came from a male or female. The males tested showed the same results. The team was surprised when they tested a few gay males; Gay males brain's recognized other males as potential mates and had no reaction to female pheromones.

These two studies prove that homosexuality is biological. Also, the brain scans show that the strait males tested are not sexually attracted to other males, disproving the statement "everyone is bisexual". Then again the question relies on a universal definition for homosexuality, which people define differently. My definition of gay/strait/bi relies on weather your brain sees members of the opposite sex, same sex, or both as potential mates. Many people might be curious and experiment with the same sex, but i don't think that makes them bisexual, they are just making sure their decision to be strait is the right one for them. If your definition of gay is enjoys a sexual encounter with the same sex, then everyone is potentially bisexual; given a strait male who does not see homosexuality as a taboo stranded on an island with one other person, a homosexual male, the strait man would probably engage in sexual activity with the other man if they were stranded for long enough. The same would probably be true for a woman.

To take this topic further weather or not a person is born with his/her brain responding this way or if this changes is under great debate. In the previous statement the change implies the question nature vs. nurture, not someone deciding one morning to be gay and having their brain chemistry change because of this conscious decision. Studying this would be hard for a couple reasons. Scientists would have to go to a preschool and say "that one looks like he's gonna be a queer" and study that child for most its life, and they would have to try to influence the child to become homosexual to see if that has an effect, which would be unethical, but i guess we are trying to influence children to be strait.

Having that said i don't believe there's anything wrong with gays. I have many gay friends and we are able to joke around about each others preference, like if a female model walks by i can say "i can't believe you gave that up!" and a gay friend can say "how about joining the other team?" if i'm having girl troubles, and we won't be offended. I believe that because i can make innocent jokes about homosexuality, it shows that i don't see it as a big deal, and am excepting of it, while people who carefully steer clear of the topic when around gays, and carefully choose their language as to not offend, are in fact homophobic, despite their best intentions. I don't make a distinction between my gay and strait friends, and i don't think it's anybodies business who anyone else is sleeping with. I dislike people don't own a thing without a rainbow on it and all they can ever talk about is being gay. Because of this some people label me as homophobic, but it's the way these people act i dislike, not their sexual preference. Just like although i'm christian i don't like people who always wear "Jesus loves you" shirts and talk about nothing except how great Jesus is. I hate this "you can dislike you own culture and beliefs, but you must love other peoples". People should question other peoples beliefs and culture (non violently), along with their own, because that's how mankind socially advances. That's how we make new beliefs and new cultures. Political correctness is a great idea, but people have twisted it into what i think is a tool for racism. I think society might be spiraling towards becoming so politically correct that future children may be reading "Snow Caucasian and the 7 Vertically Challenged, but No Less Capable People".