Excuse for Failing Grades

cire113

Bluelighter
I live with my parents and they cover my expenses Im 21 but still in college...

They said as long as im in school they will support me and they are extremely demanding...

I just failed last semester and im screwed up...

So what are some good excuses i can tell them besdies im a drug addict...

I Need some real good ones they are extremely demandindg and are gonna flip out..

I was gonna tell them i was just depressed and lonely all semester and to see a psychiatrist

^^^
That last part doesn't sound like an excuse, it sounds like the truth. Maybe you should take your own advice?

I went through a phase like this when I was 19 and 20, and it was very difficult. Now I'm 23 and I do well in school. For me, I just needed time to sort out my priorities and figure out what the hell I was doing.

The LAST thing I'd do is try to make up excuses just to placate your parents. This isn't about your parents, it's about YOU. If you do want to succeed in school, you need to find the inspiration inside yourself.

don't makes excuses- that's just immature. own up to your fuck ups, acknowledge them, promise to learn from them, and prove it by doing really well next semester.

Well, I'm 20 and I dropped out of Uni of Tasmania about 8 months ago and got all my fees restituted because of a serious drug habit -- I had to back it up with a doctor's letter and proof I'd started seeing a psychologist, blah blah blah... I told my parents I was becoming suicidal (not an excuse, the truth actually) and the night before they flew down I drank a bottle of whiskey and ended up kicking a glass door in. I was kicking and screaming and weeping (from what I remember) because I cut my foot open real bad.

I have good memories there too -- me and a friend in the opposite room pretty much stank up our whole floor smoking pot, I had another friend whose nose was bleeding for like two weeks from all the coke and shit he snorted, I got punched in the nose, I nearly had a panic attack on an acid trip, I had Japanese and American girls in my room for my birthday party and I was SO HIGH, I stopped going to class and smoked pot all day for like a month... ah, cherished memories...

Anyway my point is, I did a lot of stupid shit and dropped out of University (and I went out with a bang -- actually more of a shatter) and I wasn't penalised for it because most ppl felt sorry for me, especially those in charge. I can go back there if I want, but my problem was getting motivated to actually work hard.

If I were you I wouldn't make up excuses for your parents even though I don't know them, and if you're an addict then that's not an excuse for fucking up, it's the truth. I would come clean and see if I could repeat the semester or year or just take a couple years off.

I live with my parents and they cover my expenses Im 21 but still in college...

They said as long as im in school they will support me and they are extremely demanding...

I just failed last semester and im screwed up...

So what are some good excuses i can tell them besdies im a drug addict...

I Need some real good ones they are extremely demandindg and are gonna flip out..

I was gonna tell them i was just depressed and lonely all semester and to see a psychiatrist
Take a term off and get yourself together. I chose to fail out the first time throygh and it really fucked my life plan up.

I've seen people death spiral due to the anxiety of being far behind causing them to miss classes due to the classes being an excruciating reminder of their own failure.

Honestly at this point best thing is a reset. Take some time off, get out of your envinronment, and work on your mental health. Telling your parents shit is never going to be as helpful to either of you as actually showing them you mean business by changing the factors that led to you getting bad grades.

I've seen people death spiral due to the anxiety of being far behind causing them to miss classes due to the classes being an excruciating reminder of their own failure.

There are many suicides due to pressure in school.

I never fully understood how one could feel that bad from trying to reach a standard set by someone else in a subject that they naturally struggle with.

If only I pass this class, I become incredibly wealthy and money will never be an issue. If I fail, well, I fail.

It's sad to me that the pressure is so high on some people. I wish we could listen to some Rage Against The Machine

There are many suicides due to pressure in school.

I never fully understood how one could feel that bad from trying to reach a standard set by someone else in a subject that they naturally struggle with.

If only I pass this class, I become incredibly wealthy and money will never be an issue. If I fail, well, I fail.

It's sad to me that the pressure is so high on some people. I wish we could listen to some Rage Against The Machine

If you fail you fail is a good attitude to have in my opinion. As long as you fail forward, meaning actually realising why you failed, learn from those mistakes/bad luck/circumstances and use them to your advantage as you progress.

Everyone fails at something, but the people that sit back and don't take failing as a GOOD thing need to look more deeply into this.

I honestly take failing as a good thing.

If you fail you fail is a good attitude to have in my opinion. As long as you fail forward, meaning actually realising why you failed, learn from those mistakes/bad luck/circumstances and use them to your advantage as you progress.

Everyone fails at something, but the people that sit back and don't take failing as a GOOD thing need to look more deeply into this.

I honestly take failing as a good thing.

It's absolutely necessary and totally normal, for improving or even realizing the task at hand isn't interesting to you

Failed math, get back on the horse, you'll need this skill later.

Failed enjoying tofu, fuck it, there's so many other delicious foods and I personally do not see it as a big deal

It's absolutely necessary and totally normal, for improving or even realizing the task at hand isn't interesting to you

Failed math, get back on the horse, you'll need this skill later.

Failed enjoying tofu, fuck it, there's so many other delicious foods and I personally do not see it as a big deal

I agree if you've put in your 100% all and tried many times e.f tried eating tofu 30 times and still hate it. I ave this with olives, I've tried them about 100 times, still hate them.

But it's not always the case. Failing at something might not necessarily mean you don't like it, it might just mean you were unprepared, have other personal shit going on. So for me personally if I fail at something be it a certification, or simply something to do with my business, I sit back really think about why it didn't work and then use that analysis to make sure I don't fail at it again OR even try it again OR adapt the way I do it etc.

But you might sick back after failing math for example and realise it's because you have 0 passion for it. But because you've actually willingly thought about it, you don't feel like you failed and are stupid or something, you just know the fact you don't like it and move on to something else.

It's the awareness part that people don't realise is so important. Most people fail an exam or something and get upset, angry depressed etc but never take the time to asses why it happened.

Even though this thread is 17 years old, it's still a useful topic for people to come across. I agree with the general sentiment in the replies... you need to be honest with your parents, and more importantly, yourself. Take some time off, own up to the problems, face them, and work through them. School will always be there when you've got your head together. College can be an amazing time, but I really think that you need to have a plan for it and know what you want out of it (what your major will be, and what you want to do with your life/career afterwards). Otherwise, it's a heap of debt for a Sociology degree you won't ever use. Or something like that.

I ave this with olives, I've tried them about 100 times, still hate them.

Me too! People tell me I'm crazy, but I just don't like how they taste. I have overcome almost all of my childhood food aversions and realized those things are actually good or at least okay... but olives, nope.

This guy's kid is about to be failing college now.😉

I think if I was in this situation I'd be reevaluating my entire stay in college / uni. I did enroll in uni for comsci, then business admin in 2020 and 2021. Luckily my enrollment was cheap or else I'd be really sad right now. I dropped 3 times in a row. Not planning on attending uni online anymore until my life is more stable for the long term.

I was struggling with UCSB in california; 1986-1992.
Never went to class; too busy doing drugs, drugs, drugs. Or surfing or drinking or chasing girls.
Took a $500 emergency student loan one quarter; Bought a beat up VW Bus with it; dropped out to get straight Fs on quarter; and drove it to Mexico.
When my van broke down; I called them to explain I wasn't taking no finals; rather I needed money; and a ride home from Tuscon, AZ.

My friend begged the dean to let me back in to finish my degree; my parents coughed up again; and after 6 years I had a sociology degree! And a 2.0 GPA.
So don't feel so bad. Showing up to class for the first time and it's the midterm, yikes.
Oh yeah stole $5000 tuition money from them and put it up my nose.

Went back 10 years later to get a teaching license; on my own dime....Got straight As, Lol.

If you are going due to someone else's expectations; it may take awhile!

.Oh yeah stole $5000 tuition money from them and put it up my nose.
I love the clubs in college and university cities here in Ontario.. OSAP Money Accepted!

On stimulants at parties money!!

Oh my God. When I was 21-22 ish I was running with a crowd of college partiers on the regular. As someone who wasn't enrolled but hey now let's drink right!? Anyway even then I thought these ads were retarded! I never really got the $150 bottle of VIP mouthwash and another $250 on a ball of coke to line up on the back of a club toilet being cool.