• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

Why have i missed this thread entirely? Loving this! Thank you for your efforts @neversickanymore This is harm reduction at it's finest!

"Welcome to the Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction thread! The health benefits of exercise are extraordinary. It creates positive differences in so many areas including mental health and addiction recovery. This is a social thread where we can share positive things we have received from exercise. This is a social thread but we are going to allow talk about what drug you are addicted to and how exercise has helped you. So please share any mental health, addiction, life, or health symptoms or conditions and what difference you have experienced by making regular exercise a part of your life. This is also a place to discuss anything exercise related and to socialize about your current exercise routine."

An alcoholic writing here. And a chain smoker. And a nutritional freak. Might sound like a strange combo, but i am a strange combo. Yes, i drink tons of beer. Yes, i smoke lots of cigarettes. Yes, i follow a strict and healthy vegetarian diet and i make absolutely sure that i am getting all my needed protein, amino acids, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and stuff.

I love walking. I just... I love walking. It is therapy. It is exercise. It is changing landscapes. Visual stimulation. Physical stimulation. I feel alive when i walk. I walk a lot, i walk fast, and i walk far. I never like... "Go for a walk" just to walk. Walking is my method of transportation. I need to have a destination, and a purpose. Like some boring bureaucracy stuff to take care of, or the need to go to the cheapest grocery store in the city. Which is Lidl, and yes, this was advertising, i love you Lidl, you have saved me from starvation countless of times.

From my home, to city center, and back is about 14 kilometers, which is about 8.7 miles. Which is nothing. I can do triple that. But my muscle strength is in awful shape. Lately i have been starting to get disgusted by my own arms. Not cool. I could do weightlifting, sure, but i absolutely dislike the feeling. Of the weightlifting process, pushups and whatnots. I can't handle the discomfort. Sure, it feels wonderful afterwards. It is a high. Lot of people reading this know the high i am talking about here. After good muscle workout. You know it. But i can't get it, because i can't deal with the discomfort before the intense high.

Weather has been absolute hell. I don't mind the cold. I am Finnish. I am the coldness. But it has been like this for 4 "winters" in a row now. Icy streets, and water on the ice. It is scary, i mean i am literally scared when i walk out there. Snail speed, ready to fall down at any given fraction of a second. I feel my walking shape decreasing. But i will get back into shape when the "winter" is gone. Or if they some day put some sand on the streets. They used to do that, during the old normal, but the old normal is a distant memory now, and no one gives a single shit about anything anymore. I was jaywalking August 2020, on my way to buy more beer, with 2,4 per mill of alcohol in my bloodstream. Bus approached. I have been suicidal since i was a tiny boy, so i was like let's see if it brakes on time, or not. It did not. Broken hip. Broken arm. Bruises everywhere. Spent about 3 months as a prisoner of my own home. Lost all fitness. Got it back when my bones healed. I will get it back again. But i need spring to arrive first.

Seems like a thread full of resources and also bluelighters who know this stuff. With this post, i can follow it more closely now. The links, the replies, the everything. Can't focus now. My focus is on ice hockey, Olympic gold medal game. In about 3 hours, we seriously have some Russians to chew and devour.

Dear weather Gods, please smile upon us for a change, mmmmmmkay?

16406702_854336458040276_5600721504531060897_n.png

I’m with you on the weather.. usually i just roll through it with little problem.. this winter has been really cold. Brutal cold. Im so over it.. spring can’t come soon enough.

Heading for the club in a min.. double day.. back, shoulders legs and possibly abbs.. then a massage and steam or spa. 🌈

Another double getting fired right now.. abbs are loaded back up.. spa after.. fuck the clubs packed and the 95rs haven’t even hit yet.. looks like it’s a one station show.. ugg this could take a min

My max lifts now are what my warm-ups were pre covid shutdown. Frustrating feeling so weak and tiny. Lost at least 20lbs of muscle, too. Time to get a bag of chimichangas and start cultivating mass

My max lifts now are what my warm-ups were pre covid shutdown. Frustrating feeling so weak and tiny. Lost at least 20lbs of muscle, too. Time to get a bag of chimichangas and start cultivating mass
I’m just recently back at it and that’s what I thought too but I am pretty shocked at how fast I’m progressing.. I’ll be back to where I was in under four months total I think.

Walking into the club now.. again it’s completely packed.. sucks but there are going to be piles of gym rat hotness

Edit: Still was able to run three stations at once and knocked off chest, back and triceps in under an hour and quarter.. producing a very nice high.

Last edited:
Rolling in for a steam and a soak tonight. Tomorrow is legs, abs, biceps and then a tai massage. Really loving how my body is feeling after getting back at it.. oh fkyes

Heading into the club now.. missed a few days due to being sick. Doubling up chest, back shoulders and abbs. Steaming afterwords.

Last edited:
Super lazy today.. but I’m regrouping and headed in for a double day.. legs, arms, chest and abs.. I don’t know about CHARGE.. but maybe charge.

Anyone else working out?

I still run 3-5x per week, trying to start strength training but for some reason it's off putting.

running 5 miles is fun for me, I enjoy it, but lifting weights for 20 minutes feels like a chore and I don't enjoy it at all

are we talking a $15 Mr. Coffee maker or a $5000 espresso machine ?
We're talking £200 Delonghi espresso machine. So not shite, but not grand either. The coffee I put through it (Illy) comes through clean as a whistle.