• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Extracting Alkaloids from Coca Leaves (not just the cocaine)

cryptix420

Bluelighter
Anyone know a way to do this? I’d like to extract the myriad of alkaloids in coca leaves to add to my kombucha for a novel and fun beverage. Anyone know ways to do this without crazy chemicals? I use baking soda to chew the leaf powder - any way to make a water infusion with baking soda/coca leaf powder, then somehow filter out the baking soda? Let the water evaporate and be left with a powder?

All contributions to the thread are welcome and appreciated.

Regards!

Without "harsh"chemicals to purify that sounds like no offense if i tried drinking it a one way ticket to a vile taste and projectile vomiting.

Id imagine it would be like the difference between adding just the alkaloids in coffee to kombucha vs straight up mixing instant coffee in it and baking soda.

You need the strong chemicals to seperate the alkaloids from all the other parts of the plant.

Plus i think sodium bicarbonate would just decrease the solubility of the alkaloids in the cocaleaf.

If you where totally deadset on doing with i guess you could use the acidic nature im pretty sure kombucha has and just drop a very tiny amount of coca leaves (way below psychoactive) to see if it gives it a unique taste.

Plus the baking soda id think would make it just taste flat because i thought kombucha was acidic.

Overall honestly id just give up and see if you can find a coca leaf extract for flavoring and just chew the leaves or however people use it.

Boiling water extracts the goods just fine

Some of the nicest buzzs I've had off cocaine have been 15-25g leaf made into tea

Boiling water extracts the goods just fine

Some of the nicest buzzs I've had off cocaine have been 15-25g leaf made into tea

No offense, truly, but as you’re new to bluelight I’ll be forced to take an extra large grain of salt with your post.

Can you elaborate? I have seen many people claim hot water without baking soda results in nearly no effects. Thanks in advance!!

Edit: Goodness, I just saw you joined in 2011, and as a result I’m flattered that you’d choose this thread to participate in. Hope to hear more from you!

Haha top lurking I know I am a man of few words but coca is one of my favourite plants!

Regarding the coca tea I only got good effects by doing exactly this

1 completely empty stomach. no food for 5 hours
2 drink small amount of alcohol
3 pour boiling water onto coca flour (10 grams has no effect 30 grams is unpleasant) steep for 15 mins then strain
4 stir in 1tsp baking soda and drink

I found that much better than the vodka extracts I made

One word of caution there are other alkaloids in coca that last longer than cocaine so when I had multiple brews I would end up with anxiety and really dry mouth but the first 2 cups felt like the cleanest strongest line of coke ever

So basically what I'm saying is bicarb is needed in the stomach not the extraction

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but it's the only one I found.

I have here unlimited (as in, limited only by the money) access to erythroxylum coca but sadly only in powder form. Leaves are available too but prohibitively expensive given the amount I need for a 'session' which you can't call as such as I used it just for concentration - I have strong ADD and can't concentrate for hours like necessary to write computer programs.

But back to topic. I would like to do something nice with that coca powder, it is predestined for extraction. But given the low amount of actual cocaine in the leaves, part or even most of the effects must come from other alkaloids which I don't want to waste by extracting just cocaine.
Just use e.g. isopropyl alcohol?

Anybody an idea how to do a full spectrum extract? Maybe even one which could be administered intrasnasal or sublingual.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but it's the only one I found.

I have here unlimited (as in, limited only by the money) access to erythroxylum coca but sadly only in powder form. Leaves are available too but prohibitively expensive given the amount I need for a 'session' which you can't call as such as I used it just for concentration - I have strong ADD and can't concentrate for hours like necessary to write computer programs.

But back to topic. I would like to do something nice with that coca powder, it is predestined for extraction. But given the low amount of actual cocaine in the leaves, part or even most of the effects must come from other alkaloids which I don't want to waste by extracting just cocaine.
Just use e.g. isopropyl alcohol?

Anybody an idea how to do a full spectrum extract? Maybe even one which could be administered intrasnasal or sublingual.
In the extraction process the oxidation step seeks to remove other alkaloids to purify yayo. I'd simply recommend skipping this step to retrieve the full alkaloid spectrum.