• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Gabapentinoids F-Phenibut

deficiT

Administrator
Staff member
I picked up 10 grams recently, and have had one decent session with it so far.

Started with 200mg, and redosed another 200mg about an hour and a half later. I have a bit of tolerance to Gabapentinoids, as I take 600mg-1.2g gabapentin daily, 40mg Baclofen every other day, and usually 1.5g phenibut every other day or every 3rd day.

This day I skipped my usual phenibut dose and dosed the f-phenibut around ~10am. I found it definitely potentiated my usual dose of 16mg Suboxone. Found it hard to get super motivated, but it was my day off and I definitely enjoyed the lounging about that I did.

All in all it was pretty much as typically described, quite similar to phenibut, but more sedating and less stimulating, shorter duration and shorter time to kick in. Felt like the effects started quickly, within maybe 30 - 60 minutes, and peaked for maybe 2-4 hours with a gentle and slow comedown.

Anybody else had any experiences with this substance? There are very few reports on it online, but after my one trial with it I have found it quite worthwhile, with possibly more utility than regular phenibut due to the duration of effects. I still definitely don't plan on dosing it every day, and will likely in the future try little bit higher doses, or experiment with combos with phenibut to see what kind of effects there are.

6am-64-14m

Bluelight Crew
Felt like the effects started quickly, within maybe 30 - 60 minutes, and peaked for maybe 2-4 hours with a gentle and slow comedown.
Shit I got a tub off faa for backup. Tried it to compare it to the hcl and wasn't anything much different for me. Of course everyone being the same but different will get different effects. I tried it as I heard so much about it it was basically the same IME. Continued use of hcl.

deficiT

Administrator
Staff member
Shit I got a tub off faa for backup. Tried it to compare it to the hcl and wasn't anything much different for me. Of course everyone being the same but different will get different effects. I tried it as I heard so much about it it was basically the same IME. Continued use of hcl.
To be clear, I'm talking about F-Phenibut HCL, which is a totally different thing than Phenibut FAA

deficiT

Administrator
Staff member
Damn guess its time for to get sum edumacation. brb
my bad
😁
lemme fiddin da see what this may be....

So is it hcl or faa or neither? i think I get it a little. It hits harder on gabab? Basically?
So there's phenibut, which is β-Phenyl-γ-aminobutyric acid... and then there's f-phenibut which is β-(4-flourophenyl)-GABA... not a chemistry wiz.. but basically f-phenibut is baclofen with the chlorine replaced by a fluorine.

Either one can be FAA or HCL depending on how it's made. Yep, totally different substance, although similar. Shorter duration, faster onset, more potent by mg, and imo more sedating.

izo

Bluelighter
thinking of getting 5g of it, found phenibut not that great, pretty lame to be honest.

deficiT

Administrator
Staff member
thinking of getting 5g of it, found phenibut not that great, pretty lame to be honest.
I do like phenibut, but my first impressions of f-phenibut have been really positive... I might prefer it I'm just not sure yet. Definitely helped with anxiety and relaxation, was nice not having to wait 4 hours for it to kick in too.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
f-phenibut is pretty similar to phenibut, quite similar in fact. Just a lot more potent and shorter acting and quicker onset. Also I find it less euphoric and like it less overall.

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
It is more sedating than regular phenibut, more baclofen like, with more selective action as a GABA-B agonist than phenibut.

I don't find phenibut euphoric, but it does have a mania that can be enjoyable (which f-phenibut doesn't really produce). This most likely is a result of phenibut's more prominent action on VDCC's, which underlies the mania that pregabalin can produce. Stronger and more preferential action as a GABA-B agonist generally makes these compounds less recreational and increases side-effects like nausea and increases sedation.

It is fast acting though, and can actually be used on the spot as a sleep aid (especially when f-phenibut FAA is used sublingually). Don't try f-phenibut hcl sublingually, it will burn you (i know from experience).

dus_aster

Bluelighter
Huh- will check back in and share my experiences at the end of next week, I have a gram coming in the post. Have used phenibut extensively in the past (but not for a few years), and I too was curious about F-phenibut.

("I'll check back in" said every BLer before failing to check in- I REALLY WILL THOUGH)

deficiT- how do you find it stacks up to phenibut in terms of compulsion to redose? I experienced no such compulsion on phenibut (or anything with a come-up as equally lengthy, for that matter), but have seen some reports that F-phenibut has the capacity to be markedly more habit-forming/compulsive. Makes sense on paper, given the shorter come-up?

deficiT

Administrator
Staff member
("I'll check back in" said every BLer before failing to check in- I REALLY WILL THOUGH)
Hah! Facts there...
deficiT- how do you find it stacks up to phenibut in terms of compulsion to redose?
I feel it could definitely potentially be a little more habit forming. I didn't get any great compulsion from it or anything, but yeah, once I realized I wasn't quite where I wanted to be with it, it was pretty easy to convince myself to redose. Once it plateaued I was pretty satisfied with it and just let it roll through. I enjoyed it personally. I also don't have any desire to redose with phenibut particularly. I think I'm gonna try it again tomorrow for work, so I'll see how that goes.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
It can be a little more compulsive on account of its quicker onset but it still takes a couple of hours to come on so it's not very compulsive. I also get no compulsion to redose (or to dose in the first place) from phenibut even though I love it, and have been addicted to it). I have had some for quite some time and generally when I want the phenibut state I just go with phenibut. I prefer it.

deficiT

Administrator
Staff member
It can be a little more compulsive on account of its quicker onset but it still takes a couple of hours to come on so it's not very compulsive. I also get no compulsion to redose (or to dose in the first place) from phenibut even though I love it, and have been addicted to it). I have had some for quite some time and generally when I want the phenibut state I just go with phenibut. I prefer it.
Weird. Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't think it took very long at all to come on for me.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Takes a while for me but phenibut also takes about 4 or 5 hours to come on fully for me, don't even get a hint of effect for 2 hours or so. I have read of people coming up from phenibut in a much shorter time. I suspect we're all a bit different in this regard.

dus_aster

Bluelighter
Takes a while for me but phenibut also takes about 4 or 5 hours to come on fully for me, don't even get a hint of effect for 2 hours or so. I have read of people coming up from phenibut in a much shorter time. I suspect we're all a bit different in this regard.
I've noticed the variance in self-reported come-up time as well... ditto F-Phenibut (I've seen everything from 30min to 3 hours). Phenibut usually came on in around two hours, personally.

From what I've read, it seems like some people who experience a longer come-up with F-Phenibut also enjoy an extended duration. Reports of next-day afterglow, etc. Less so with those who report that it hits in under an hour. Hm!

Hah! Facts there...

I feel it could definitely potentially be a little more habit forming. I didn't get any great compulsion from it or anything, but yeah, once I realized I wasn't quite where I wanted to be with it, it was pretty easy to convince myself to redose. Once it plateaued I was pretty satisfied with it and just let it roll through. I enjoyed it personally. I also don't have any desire to redose with phenibut particularly. I think I'm gonna try it again tomorrow for work, so I'll see how that goes.
Thanks to Xorkoth and yourself for the info! Much obliged~

dus_aster

Bluelighter
@deficiT
Tried it today (200mg), but was silly and combined it with around 20mg of brorphine; definitely something, but I'll need to try it in isolation to get a definitive feel for it's characteristics.
Feel confident in saying that it added to the body-high of the brorph; didn't seem to increase respiratory depression, possibly gave me a little more energy (went on a cleaning-binge instead of a Breaking Bad-binge). Added depth to the mu agonism, the same slightly-sparkly (scientific terminology!) contentment that I associate with normal phenibut, and not dissimilar to that of carisoprodol.

Duration of the 200mg 4F-Phenibut has been around six hours so far, and I can still feel it in my legs (legs/gut were also where I felt traditional phenibut most acutely). Have definitely peaked, at T+6h. Bed in a few hours, we'll see if it lasts long enough to improve my sleep quality.

Zero compulsion to redose- this is interesting, for me, as some old notes of mine on phenibut I just dug up indicate that I found it hard not to preemptively redose to prolong the (already very long) high. With phenibut, I seemed to obsess over maintaining a high dose over a period of days ("what if I wake up less high? Better dose once more before bed..." at only T+4h). Had sort of forgotten it had that effect on me. With this single dose of 4F-Phenibut, I didn't experience that; it didn't even occur to me to take more, despite having the loaded caps in my pocket.

Will be trying again sans MOR agonist during the recovery for a planned MBZP experiment this Saturday evening; will report back then. Phenibut worked best for me as a recovery aid, and didn't ever produce positive effects worth writing home about unless I was feeling like a pile of juicy trash prior to admin. In which case, it was superior to benzos and almost on par with something like codeine, leaving me blissed out with the capacity to delve deeper than normal into documentaries or books. Hoping F-Pheni provides similar effects, and today's results are promising, thus far.

Apologies for the mediocre write-up, feeling tired and scattered. Will have a much better feel for it by the weekend. So far, one thumb up.

Last edited: