• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News FDA confirms Adderall shortage as largest manufacturer warns of delays through end of the year

Cray. Yeah things like this should be expected in this ever changing world.
Dont most precursors needed to make most drugs-meds imported currently from outside of N. America ( legally and illegaly)?
Teva- does this apply to Teva Canada? -specifically for dexedrine ir 5mg.

While at this amp talk- been trying to find one but either it doesnt exist or Im not quite good at using search engine here yet- is there some megathread for folks who w/ ADHD trying to manage heavy AMP abuse pattern? (MPH relevant too.)

I think it's much more likely that it's just another shortage of something. There's been plenty of shortages involving a lot of different stuff over the past year or so, no need to blame malice when a simple run-of-the-mill fuckup related to labor and supply chain issues suffices
But look at what has been allowed to continue with fentanyl and the opposition of harm reduction measures even in CA.

I really believe this mother fuckers are trying to kill us and profit off if it too.

This goes beyond recreational drugs too. The US used to have a thriving drug manufacturing sector in Puerto Rico that is dead now

We are at the mercy of other countries that manufacture all sorts of life saving drugs and I see zero effort for our country trying to become "pharmacologicalally indeoendent" a phrase i hereby coin to mean just like the phrase "energy independent"...which we don't want to do either.

Last edited:
Cray. Yeah things like this should be expected in this ever changing world.
Dont most precursors needed to make most drugs-meds imported currently from outside of N. America ( legally and illegaly)?
Teva- does this apply to Teva Canada? -specifically for dexedrine ir 5mg.

While at this amp talk- been trying to find one but either it doesnt exist or Im not quite good at using search engine here yet- is there some megathread for folks who w/ ADHD trying to manage heavy AMP abuse pattern? (MPH relevant too.)
This is a wild guess but I'm sure Vyvanse which is still on patent by Takeda bribers of government, and super expensive, amd not subject to competition from cheap generics, is magically not affected by this.

Full of probably toxic heavy metals leeched in through synthesis steps or residual in reactors used in other synthesis, then used for the amp or meth, nasty synthetic by products they don't care to purify out.

Street drugs are not a sustainable drug for someone that doesn't want to desteoy their body.

QUESTION for everyone: is this shortage just in America or worldwide? I'm getting conspiracy minded and wondering if this is some sick move by our DEA and their cruel moronic drug war enabled bybthe christifascists that control congress despite over 30% of the country beinf non religious. I've also heard Adderall blamed for mass shootings we have monthly where some kid takes a military grade semi auto rifle he can buy at 18 and just slays as many random people as he can. They'll blame anything but the gun (ie adderall, video games, rap music) -disclaimer I'm pro gun just for the reasons if these potentially cruel sabatages on innocent citizens by the government

Our brain dead or sinister congress and DEA might A) think they are curbing amphetamine addiction or B) destroy people with ADHD so they can't function and fail in life or get funneled into meth and private prisons.

Any thoughts?

I don’t think there would be any link. There does not seem to be any logical reason the DEA would cause this.

On the funneling people into private prisons you just have to look at the open drug markets in many areas. Just saying they are not short of people to round up and fill prisons.

I don’t see any reason they would want people with ADHD to struggle or fail. What’s the benefit. Increased prison population, that can be accomplished in easier less complicated ways.

I do not see why the DEA would to create an Addy shortage. I’m having trouble seeing why anyone would want a short term shortage?

I don’t think there would be any link. There does not seem to be any logical reason the DEA would cause this.

On the funneling people into private prisons you just have to look at the open drug markets in many areas. Just saying they are not short of people to round up and fill prisons.

I don’t see any reason they would want people with ADHD to struggle or fail. What’s the benefit. Increased prison population, that can be accomplished in easier less complicated ways.

I do not see why the DEA would to create an Addy shortage. I’m having trouble seeing why anyone would want a short term shortage?
They create a a worse meth/fake addy epidemic (where fent will be mixed in) and are rewarded with more funding to "fix' it.

Exactly like they worsened the opioid epidemic by arresting doctors and the fent deaths skyrocketed then they got more funding to fight the fent war

They create a a worse meth/fake addy epidemic (where fent will be mixed in) and are rewarded with more funding to "fix' it.

Exactly like they worsened the opioid epidemic by arresting doctors and the fent deaths skyrocketed then they got more funding to fight the fent war

I think those are examples of incompetent tragic results because of policies based on an idealistic platform that’s fundamentally and hopelessly flawed .. they were trying to get positive results and their efforts had unintended paradoxical results.

Edit: I’m certainly not saying there have not been and are VILE aspects to the drug war.. like racial oppression, profits from private prisons to name a few. Just presenting that some are from a paradoxical phenomenon.

Last edited:
They were throwing oxycontin at anyone a few years ago but God forbid any simplicity in getting your prescribed ADHD meds

Not sure, almost all fake adderall is methamphetamine, which isn't much more acutely toxic at least on a mg to mg basis as amphetamine.

I bought fake adderall a few times (pressed adderall), purported to be 30mg generic adderall. I knew they were fake and that they contained methamphetamine when i bought them.

They feel like they contain 15-50mg of methamphetamine, with an average being maybe 25mg. Honestly they were fairly well formulated, but they are certainly stronger than adderall. But the amount of pills you'd have to take to produce an overdose wouldn't really be that much more than the a similar number of adderall.

However i hadn't heard of the shortage though. The bigger risk isn't the risk of people getting fake adderall and OD'ing on meth. The real risk is that a significant supply shortage of adderall might drive someone to obtain crystal meth and begin a downward spiral.
On a mg to mg basis, assuming the counterfeit adderall is meth, then yes it doesn’t make much of a difference since the two are practically identical both chemically and pharmacologically. When something is being sold on a street level however, you likely don’t know what the dose or purity of the product is, so there is a heightened risk of overdose for that reason.

On a mg to mg basis, assuming the counterfeit adderall is meth, then yes it doesn’t make much of a difference since the two are practically identical both chemically and pharmacologically. When something is being sold on a street level however, you likely don’t know what the dose or purity of the product is, so there is a heightened risk of overdose for that reason.

Yeah certainly true, but given the very strong financial incentive of the mexican cartels to not waste product by putting too much meth in the fake adderall, and given that it is fairly difficult to overdose on meth orally, I don't see there being a spate of meth overdoses due to these fake adderall tablets. Any person who would take the say 30 tablets of these required to produce a medically dangerous meth overdose would likely experience the same thing when consuming 30 legit pharmaceutical tablets. So again I don't see these as being a significant source of accidental meth overdoses because a) while compared to a pharma product there may be a significant standard deviation in terms of active ingredient content, they'll never really contain that much meth, and b) it takes quite abit of oral meth to produce a medically dangerous overdose.

The biggest risk is getting a copycat fake adderall, (ie, a copy of a copy), like those fentanyl containing ones from india.

If this happens with opiates and it affects my access I'm killing myself. Fuck might even do it anyways.
Drugs destroyed me past the point of no return. All this money, job, family I've made was for nothing.

Of course I'm not eligible for euthanasia either already checked. So one last crime that should not be a crime seems fitting.
Lucid,
I'm not sure if you're a pain patient but the Anesthesia society just came out with new rules on opiates. Said to be less withholding and treat the damn patient effectively. So it's supposed to be less likely that pain patients will be cut off abruptly.
Please don't take your life. Things CAN get better and there are resources out there.
I dare say your death would hurt others more than you realize. Stick around. Please. And keep posting here. Please.

Lucid,
I'm not sure if you're a pain patient but the Anesthesia society just came out with new rules on opiates. Said to be less withholding and treat the damn patient effectively. So it's supposed to be less likely that pain patients will be cut off abruptly.
Please don't take your life. Things CAN get better and there are resources out there.
I dare say your death would hurt others more than you realize. Stick around. Please. And keep posting here. Please.
The DEA doesn't give a shit. They are sticking to with the 2016 rules the CDC retracted last year and continuing their campaign to arrest all doctors scripting anything besides bupe or tramadol.

The DEA is a totally unchecked autonomous agency and they are doing this the purposely worsen the fentsnyl epidemic.

People are dying of cancer with nothing stronger than tramdol. I've seen it. Its savage and barbaric and nobody gives a shit until it's them that is crippled and at that point they are too sick to do anything about it.

My plan is to leave America for a free country in what Americans like to call the "3rd world." While America is actually the 3rd world freedomless shithole

The DEA doesn't give a shit. They are sticking to with the 2016 rules the CDC retracted last year and continuing their campaign to arrest all doctors scripting anything besides bupe or tramadol.

The DEA is a totally unchecked autonomous agency and they are doing this the purposely worsen the fentsnyl epidemic.

People are dying of cancer with nothing stronger than tramdol. I've seen it. Its savage and barbaric and nobody gives a shit until it's them that is crippled and at that point they are too sick to do anything about it.

My plan is to leave America for a free country in what Americans like to call the "3rd world." While America is actually the 3rd world freedomless shithole
I'm not referring to the DEA or any federal "rule", but to the American Society of Anesthesiologists and their clinical practice guidlelines, which usually have a direct impact on physician practice. But if you find a place that makes you happier, than by all means get there.

Well I just filled an adderall script so I guess its not too hard to get. Then again I use a small private pharmacy, perhaps if I had tried to use a chain pharmacy it wouldn't have gone through.

I'm not referring to the DEA or any federal "rule", but to the American Society of Anesthesiologists and their clinical practice guidlelines, which usually have a direct impact on physician practice. But if you find a place that makes you happier, than by all means get there.
I think physicians are going to do what guys that are allowed to rush in with guns and lock them up in cages with gang members, want them to do...not what Americans anesthesia association or whatever recommends. Unless the Anesthesia association is going to stop a swat team from coming in and you ending up sentenced to 20 years on some made up bullshit in an opioid war political climate.

This has been terrifying for me. I literally cants stop sleeping for six months
Can you get a prescription for Valium or maybe ambien? Would help you sleep. I’m getting assessed for ADHD soon and it would suck to not be able to get a supply, I’m in France, so don’t know how hard it will hit me. Best of luck!

I think physicians are going to do what guys that are allowed to rush in with guns and lock them up in cages with gang members, want them to do...not what Americans anesthesia association or whatever recommends. Unless the Anesthesia association is going to stop a swat team from coming in and you ending up sentenced to 20 years on some made up bullshit in an opioid war political climate.
its not even that.. they have worked very hard and enjoy a very nice lifestyle.. if their license gets stripped thats all gone. We are starting to see a flip back to logical thinking. People have to bring civil suits against the physicians for their gross malpractice of the whole tragedy.

The DEA are well almost an utter failure.. they try and do good.. but seemingly can't figure it out.

Yea this has happened before, I didn’t understand then and I don’t understand now.. Synthesizing Amphetamine should be like baking a cake for these people, it’s gotta come down to the drug being a low money maker these days compared to others on the market.

-GC

Has to do with DEA quotas, which they have for all controlled substances. Online prescribers made an unexpectedly high # of consumers and the quotas didn't account for it.