• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

fent withdrawal reset entirely or no?

Bobgravity1

Greenlighter
hey guys. i have been going through absolute hell the past week trying to quit fentanyl. for reasons I would rather not get into I found myself back to iv fent use after YEARS being away from opiates. This addiction and usage was heavier than any time in the past. These withdrawals are hands down the worst i have ever ever experienced. years ago when I was doing dope it was a decent mix of heroin with some fent. now i have no f****ing idea what I was even doing. def a mix of analogs, fent. and other nasty shit

anyways. I am detoxing at a hotel with a caregiver who I would rather not include in this question. after 29 hours i took a 2mg sub, went into AWFUL Precipitated withdrawals. then waited another 10 hours (39 hours total) and went into precipitated withdrawals AGAIN. this shit is disgusting. the fact it lingers this long makes it so hard to quit

I caved after two days, bought myself some dope and did 2 decent shots. obviously relieved all symptoms. I then fessed up to my caregiver, gave them the rest, my wallet, my phone, everything..

my question is after 48 hours of AWFUL withdrawals, two precipitated withdrawals and this very short spanned use do you think my entire withdrawal process is now going to be reset? I really really don't even know if i can do this. i want sobriety again so badly but these withdrawals are a whole different animal than years ago when it wasn't just pure fent. does anyone have ANY experience with this? can anyone give me any info they have or think might help? I am praying I didn't fully reset this

In my mind im telling myself that i got a good bit out of my system during my first attempt so doing this tiny bit (less than .5 G) has to not completely reset everything. but i AM SO AFRIAD

i am refusing to take subs this time around. it made everyting worse and im just sick of the PW.

I currently only have one and a half xanax bar, loperadime, gabapentin. That's it lol. any advice?

Nurse Ratched

Sr. Moderator: TDS, NMI, CE&P
Staff member
please anybody
Well, if you aren't going to take subs again and you can't get on methadone the only advice anyone can really give you is to get some comfort meds and ride it out.

The physical part of WD is hell but it still doesn't compare to the mental fortitude it will take to keep you off the fent.

Your xanax is probaly gone by now and the gabs will help a little bit to relax you but it still won't be that great. The loperamide will help as well but of course that stuff in large quantities is pretty dangerous. All you can really do is take whatever you have to make you feel better, try and eat and drink as much as you can and hope it all ends quickly.

Getting some kind of therapy or treatment will also help or you are more than likely going to relapse again. Problem with recovery and getting off drugs is we have to change our whole mindset. And that's the really hard part.

Joey

Bluelighter
Stick with abstinence from opioids and just treating symptoms with moderate amounts of things which are reasonable. The short lived slip won’t totally fuck your withdrawal. It will be a slight prolonging or maybe even an overall relief of anything to have this experience and come through it.

Don’t listen to these people discussing Kratom or oxy. (No offence on a personal level guys but I’m gonna staunchly disagree here) You’re clearly not wanting a maintenance style recovery and have been able to be abstinent before for long stretches. Just hack it out. Fentanyl withdrawals aren’t actualLy that long although they can be intense, the shorter half-life will save you time. This slip hasn’t wrecked anything. Don’t worry about it and proceed. You’re doing fine.

Bobgravity1

Greenlighter
still feeling horrible. 96 hours after last use of anything. this so much harder than regular dope from years ago to get off.

James Peach

Bluelighter
fuck i feel bad just reading this thread. I remember when i got out of jail 96 hours cold turkey the feeling i felt was as close to calling 911 as ive ever felt. I looked like a mental patient leaving jail. Keep us posted on your hotel method. I found with opiate withdrawals you have to A) Accept its happening theres no fix and thall be a fix in a way B) Focus your eyes on something repetitive and new like youtube videos, articles, netflix, tv, anything to distract you for 5 minutes at a time C) good luck

Delmonte421

Bluelighter
fuck i feel bad just reading this thread. I remember when i got out of jail 96 hours cold turkey the feeling i felt was as close to calling 911 as ive ever felt. I looked like a mental patient leaving jail. Keep us posted on your hotel method. I found with opiate withdrawals you have to A) Accept its happening theres no fix and thall be a fix in a way B) Focus your eyes on something repetitive and new like youtube videos, articles, netflix, tv, anything to distract you for 5 minutes at a time C) good luck
yea im going at it with 40mg OC, and have to take one every 6-8 hours or im in extreme cold sweats and irritation. I also have 2mg Xanax bars I take every 6-8 hours. Even that is not enough for me to be "normal" around my family

Bobgravity1

Greenlighter
day 5. had my first smiles today. still hardly any sleep. Honestly man cold turkey is really and truly hell this was the worst withdrawals ive ever had. It wasn't the physical it was the mental part. That being said I am a fairly strong person it seems cuz im positive today. hitting virtual NA meetings and fucking only 5 days in. will return to work monday.

the worst part is the chills and the small sleep (one hour at time was the most i've gotten in days) I get I wake up sweating drenched so bad that i have to change clothes. That part is the fucking worst tbh. i don't know why i'm so ok without much sleep but I slept so many years of my life lol.

only today did i get the first dope sneezes which is also very strange. usually i get those 2-3 days in not on day 5.
anyone questioning my use btw literally was spending $120 a day easily shooting 2-3 grams a day. so yeah this can be done cold turkey.
my heart is still beating at 80 resting though. used to a solid 60 when sober and healthy so that worries me a bit... but overall i think it will stabilize when i start getting full nights of rest

5 days ago I almost refused to get on the flight to Ireland with my mom and just choose homelessness. Rather than live for free in my parents beautiful house and have free food and housing... The insanity of this disease....

and yes I got on a fucking flight to ireland 10 hours after use. I swear this shit had mad analogs and longer lasting stuff in it. I copped from up to five different homeless people a week so that makes sense (portland maine is a mess right now) glad to get the FUCK out of that dump.

for anyone wondering im 31 and was in the best shape of my life prior to this relapse. I think that helped immensely. My run with IV was a short 3 months. BUT got very heavy quickly given my history of opiates (went 4 years without them until this slip)

125.5 hours in now (yes i am counting by the hour lol)

Last edited:

crzydiamond

Bluelighter
Take a very very very small piece of sub

if you still feel like shit that is

I went through this myself in Septembe. That fent stays in your fat. I tested positive two weeks later

but day 7 of cold turkey a tiny piece of sub helped

and the benefit is if you take a tiny tiny piece you won’t go into crazy withdrawal. If you feel at *all* worse after the tiny bit stop

if it helps, try a 1 mg piece.

i wrote about how I did it on here, but i’d have to find the thread. But basically what I just told you. Try a tiny piece. Minuscule

the reason I say this is, fent wd is way longer than dope wd. Dope is 3-5 days mostly. Fent.. well day 7 it still showed no signs of letting up. … took over 3 weeks to test negative.

but you are far enough that testing the waters with a tiny piece will most likely make you feel immediately human. It did for me

Bobgravity1

Greenlighter
fuck i feel bad just rea

I went through this myself in Septembe. That fent stays in your fat. I tested positive two weeks later

and the benefit is if you take a tiny tiny piece you won’t go into crazy withdrawal. If you feel at *all* worse after the tiny bit stop

i wrote about how I did it on here, but i’d have to find the thread. But basically what I just told you. Try a tiny piece. Minuscule

the reason I say this is, fent wd is way longer than dope wd. Dope is 3-5 days mostly. Fent.. well day 7 it still showed no signs of letting up. … took over 3 weeks to test negative.

but you are far enough that testing the waters with a tiny piece will most likely make you feel immediately human. It did for me

ding this thread. I remember when i got out of jail 96 hours cold turkey the feeling i felt was as close to calling 911 as ive ever felt. I looked like a mental patient leaving jail. Keep us posted on your hotel method. I found with opiate withdrawals you have to A) Accept its happening theres no fix and thall be a fix in a way B) Focus your eyes on something repetitive and new like youtube videos, articles, netflix, tv, anything to distract you for 5 minutes at a time C) good luck
honestly don't think I am going to bother this far in. i have 3 full sub strips left but really like why add more opiates into the system? I want this shit out of me and to be clean. but maybe I will if it lingers by monday when I return to work yes. thanks for the advice

crzydiamond

Bluelighter
I wish it had been for me

i was past 7 full days of cold turkey and literally wasn’t getting any better. Like walking up the hall to the bathroom was like Olympic marathon.

But yeah, if you can get through without it, good on you. Stay strong

Joey

Bluelighter
I swear at like 120 hours things are starting to def turn around. the peak is def over
In the bigger picture, the time you’re putting in here is nothing compared to the potential months and years of not wasting your time and resources on something you don’t want. Opioid withdrawals are intense but truly short lived in comparison to life itself.

FentanylFrankenstein

Greenlighter
I have been using 75mcg patches since 1995. My doctor refuses to hike me up to 100mcg. I do get 90 oxy 10s along with the 10 patches per month. My doctor also told me that if I ever wanted to get off the fentanyl it would need to be medically supervised because of my age and health I believe. I am 65 and not in good health. I do applaud you for doing the almost impossible though. I do run short some months and know what it feels like to not have what I am used to. As I come to the last years of my life I honestly don't see a reason to quit now. I broke my back in a work-related accident in 1994 and have been on just about every opioid known to man since. Best of luck always and God Bless.

Bobgravity1

Greenlighter
I wish it had been for me

i was past 7 full days of cold turkey and literally wasn’t getting any better. Like walking up the hall to the bathroom was like Olympic marathon.

But yeah, if you can get through without it, good on you. Stay strong
yeah im feelng worse today and its day 7. i'm able to do some normal things but I notice small chest pains and heart is beating faster than normal. def feels like i did permanent damage this time... really scared I did. im 31. wasted my fucking health on this shitty high. i

Bobgravity1

Greenlighter
'm just so depressed. horrible stomach cramp tonight... not sure what that is. dope sneezes started yesterday (day 6). literally no sleep unless my mom gives me her 5mg ambien and tonight that didn't work at all. worst part is my body temp can't regulate itself. i'm always cold or hot. always prckly goosebumps. always.

day 7 today

Bobgravity1

Greenlighter
I have been using 75mcg patches since 1995. My doctor refuses to hike me up to 100mcg. I do get 90 oxy 10s along with the 10 patches per month. My doctor also told me that if I ever wanted to get off the fentanyl it would need to be medically supervised because of my age and health I believe. I am 65 and not in good health. I do applaud you for doing the almost impossible though. I do run short some months and know what it feels like to not have what I am used to. As I come to the last years of my life I honestly don't see a reason to quit now. I broke my back in a work-related accident in 1994 and have been on just about every opioid known to man since. Best of luck always and God Bless.
thank you.

Bobgravity1

Greenlighter
and the depression is obviously the worst part. i'm hoping that comes around in 2-3 weeks

anyone else have experience with cold turkey fent withdrawals? iv?