• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

Agreed, fentanyl is only useful in extreme cases where someone has a ridiculous tolerance and can't manage their pain in any other way.

DO NOT SUCK THE PATCHES EVEN YOUR USED ONES AS SOME CONTAIN A MG OF FENTANYL STILL or more.
Also there is a high but its weird your pupils go pin pricked you get headaches the nod is strong but not in a nice heroin way.
I was on them and a gp said the patches were getting into my system too fast on the first day too right i was smashed just wearing 37micrograms then 2nd and half day id be so restless and felt ill cold sweats and shit so back on oxy 80mg, I would rather have oxycontin last 8hours than having to wait 24hours rattling fuck that.
i experimented with it and it raised my tolerance off one dose biggest regret wasnt even worth it

omg i forgot i replied to this thread
must of been the 20mg zopiclone i had yesterday.
I agree for post op pain but not for everyday
and 32 you got 7 years on me haha
plus they gave me horrible suicidal thoughts i get em anywya but intensified ten fold.
if the gp didnt change it that day i would of chewed those 3 25micrograms and drank load of alcohol and diazepam and hope for the best.
I been offered ?25 for a patch to someone whos on methadone but if they died i wouldnt forgive myself
Ive never sold meds wish I could sometimes so could take less lol trying to think if I ever have nope swapped pregabs for morphine once which was a big mistake as it made me want it as it was a blessing for my chronic pain

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty then...I was a long term user of Fentanyl patches...100mcgrms each....
Take the patch , get a iron , turn on the steam , turn the patch unside down on the face of the iron...hit the steam button and hold for 30 seconds....the gel will peel off with a razor blade...lay it on your tounge and hang on to something....you will get so fucking high...it's 100 times stronger than Morphine...be careful if you don't have a high tolerance...!!!!! It really works great...I'm currently taking methadone....just be careful using this method of ingestion as it can overdose you very easily....

Does anyone have experiences with Fentanyl patches?
I have used percocet 10-15mg a day and my friend gave me 12.5mcg of fent transdermal. My question is, does it make u feel euphoric as the oxy? What can i expect ? Is the pain relief decent? Im hesitant to use it however I am not ?opioid naive? as the precautions indicate. Thoughts? Experiences?

There is a few new ones don’t know which is best still searching myself

Last edited by a moderator:
how many mcg of fent should i use.. i been on suboxone for 15 years and im down to 3mg a day. so how fent should i take .... im in fucking withdrawal

No, I didn't. BUT I still need to know for future incidents..running out of subtext early..ect..
Im sure my tolerance is through the roof.. I been on subs for years and been snorting 3 mgs for the last 2 years.
I just want to be safe with this stuff, cause when I run out of meds, it's what's around and I can't remember how I done it back in the day. Seem like I chewed on a 25mcg part of the patch.
I just want to kill the withdrawal.. that's it and do it safely.

In fact fent likes me more than methadone for example.Very effective pain killer,but nothing like H euphory.Terrible withdrawls.Been hooked on this one year.Don't wanna try again at all.That is for cancer patients and emergency rooms.

Can you help answer my question?
Thanks
less is more, but not always with fent, tiny bit near killed me and lots made me clean the yard, beware that stuff for sure as most say, i had crazy tolerance one week the next week id be on the floor, but youre taking strips? i did pills and now know of "hot spots" please take care

For me fent is twice stronger....so 1mg would keep withdrawls at bay.
how many mcg of fent should i use.. i been on suboxone for 15 years and im down to 3mg a day. so how fent should i take .... im in fucking withdrawal

Fentanyl has been in heroin stamp bags for years now! The first time I was caught with stamps was in 99. They tested it : 1/4 heroin #4 1/4 I phenobarbital b1/4 fentanyl 1/4 r stamp was orange crush

Next time caught :
1/2 heroin
1/2 fentanyl
My dealer would only sell me two and he earned me hardly not to take both. So of course I did and if my aunt didn't come through the front door I would have laid dead on the steps where she found me
Stamp of "Energy"
Last time caught in 2006

1/2 heroin
1/4 fentanyl
1/4 unknown cut
Stamps: mix of : Now and Layers, Gatorade, Kit Kat, m&ms, jaguar

So as far as I know the bags on the east coast that are in wax stamp bags sometimes double sealed in plastic always have fentanyl and always did. The withdrawal is so much worse.

What is Fentanyl?

Is commonly used to treat Cancer patients and chronic breakthrough pain as well as pre-procedure in a hospital setting, Fentanyl is a synthetic primary μ-opioid. It’s approximately 100 times more potent than morphine; 100 micrograms of fentanyl is approx. equivalent to 10mg of morphine in analgesic activity.

Bio-Availability of Fentanyl
Fentanyl's half life averages between 3-12 hours

IV - 100%
Transdermal - ~92%
Buccal/transmucosal - 50%
Smoking - ? (it's efficient but wasteful)

info on buccal fentanyl from this article

Popular brands of Fentanyl include Actiq, Durogesic, Duragesic, Fentora, Onsolis, Sublimaze and Instanyl. Generics of the transdermal patches include Mylan, Watson and Sandoz.

Fentanyl was first synthesized by Dr. Paul Janssen in 1960 following the medical inception of meperidine several years earlier. Janssen developed fentanyl by assaying analogues of the structurally-related drug meperidine for its opioid activity. The widespread use of fentanyl triggered the production of fentanyl citrate (fentanyl combined with citrate at a 1:1 ratio), which entered the clinical practice as a general anaesthetic under the trade name Sublimaze in the 1960s. Following this, many other fentanyl analogs were developed and introduced into the medical practice, including Sufentanil, Alfentanil, Remifentanil, and Lofentanil.

In the mid 1990s, fentanyl saw its first widespread palliative use with the clinical introduction of the Duragesic patch, followed in the next decade by the introduction of the first quick-acting prescription formations of fentanyl for personal use, the Actiq lollipop and Fentora buccal tablets. Through the delivery method of transdermal patches, fentanyl is currently the most widely used synthetic opioid in clinical practice, with several new delivery methods currently in development. Fentanyl is classified as a Schedule II drug in the United States due to its potential for abuse.[1]

What’s a normal Dose?

In regards to Pain Management and Polymer Matrix Transdermal Patches, Fentanyl should not be applied to a patient unless having been on an opiate schedule that is equivalent to 14 days use at 60mg of oral morphine per day, which is equivalent to 40mg of oxy - check this converter. The patient is started out on the lowest dose patch, 12mcg/hr, titrating up every 24 hours until stable. Long term patients are generally safe to begin on 25mcg patches.

For “fun” Fentanyl should be approached with great caution, especially to the opiate naïve who wish to indulge – this applies to all methods of administration; transdermal, smoking, IVing, bucally. I will spare the whole “you shouldn’t be fucking with fentanyl” because in the end it is up to the user in the end. The warnings are out there. But I’m just going to declare I wouldn’t advise anyone with a tolerance that is less than, say around, 120mg oral oxy, single dose, to be using this drug any other way than it is intended.

Using the 120mg oral oxy tolerance as a guide, here are my recommendations for dosing for transdermal and buccal Fentanyl. Remember I’m talking the Polymer Matrix ones here, not the Gels or lollypops as I have no experience with them. If someone can give me some reliable information for an IV and smoking dose I’ll add them in as well.

• Buccal – Start off with cutting the equivalent to 6mcg/hr, so ½ of a 12mcg patch. Place it up against your cheek, avoiding swallowing your saliva, lightly sucking in your cheeks in to apply pressure to it. Make sure it’s the actual sticky adhesive part against your cheek, that’s where the drug is stored after all.

The buccal route has a much faster absorption rate than transdermal, so expect the initial effects to be present around the 15-20min mark, peaking around 60-90mins. If you start to feel uneasy or overwhelmed at any point in time, take the patch out immediately.

• Transdermal – Before you go applying anything make sure you have a good 24 hours set aside for when you do this because the patch takes around 12 hours to reach peak levels. Apply 12mcg/hr to your upper body, preferably on the upper bicep, chest area or on your shoulders. The closer to your heart the better as there’s less blood flow on your extremities. Increase your dose up according to how you feel, adding no more than 12mcg/hr at a time.

It’s difficult to gauge a good transdermal dose to begin with because of the time it takes for the Fentanyl to reach its full effects, but this doesn’t mean go crazy and think you can handle 50mcg/hr straight up. Be patient and titrate up accordingly. You may “waste” a few patches initially but your life is priceless.

Length of Effects

IV - ~1 hour
Buccal - ~2 - 4 hours of the full effects until is starts to dissipate
Smoking - ~30min - an hour
Transdermal -72 hours

Fentanyl Threads of Interest
Is Fentanyl Safe for a Non-Tolerant user?
Fentanyl Dosage Converter
Fentanyl Generics
Extracting Fentanyl from Polymer Matrix Patches
How long does Buccal Fentanyl last?
About to go through Fentanyl Withdrawal - tips
How to PLUG FENTANYL

feel free to throw out corrections. also ideas as to what should be added would be great as well. thought i would get this out there at least so we can start compiling everything in here and come up with a good end product:)
I need some advice about how to IV fentanyl. Do you cook it? Please don’t give me the don’t do it stuff. I’m using a very small amount and have been smoking/ingesting for quite a awhile already. I have been injecting things for over 20 years. I just don’t know how to prepare a pill for IV use.

i use 3-MF 3-MethylFentanyl, its a brown powder, You can smoke it on foil or IV it for quite a rush. :)
its dangerous though, like very good quality heroin would be so always start slow even with a tolerance. you never know ;)
How do you prepare this to inject?

You may as well just cheek it. There is no big rush with Fentanyl for me and others i've learned.

I just wanted to put out there that I live in Arizona and due to heroin becoming almost non-existent in my town due to the huge influx of blues or basically fentanyl pills that look like to an old oxy 30s, I got to admit that the withdrawals from these fentanyl pills compared to when I was shooting heroin everyday it's definitely worse

Fuck man you are young(may be).Get out of this shit till you have the strenght to do it.Don't play with fent friend...or just make a try to abstain