• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Fentanyl to methadone

I was able to talk with doc , methadone clinic doc he says it doesn't help with chronic pain,that I just have to be a good mama and work with it😨I'm sinking further into despair 😔like I said I still am wearing the damn fentynal patch ,which I only have two of,that's 25 mcl fentynal and 30 mg methadone,and the pain is breaking through.

Dear sweetie pie,this is of my own making,I should of dealt with the issues some other way than abusing my patch,that way I would of at least kept up some sort of pain treatment,I just got tired of being down and out,so...I abused it.As you know too well pain robs you of average day living and I give you a lot of credit for being strong, you could easily of did the same.It is unfair as all hell that the government is cracking down on drugs by attacking people that actually need the stuff ,as far as fentynal it's coming through mexico by the barrel's,it's cheap as all hell too, pharmaceuticals are expensive .I hope once I through all this I can be supportive and helpful as everyone has been to me.im simply worried to death right now.

Put ground coffee in a cup and drink it. That's how it tastes. If you have severe pain it will be a miracle if it helps. The pain will make you keep looking for help. I am in so much pain I'm shaking. My husband just gave me a pill so I should calm down

I try to be as normal as I can with working around my meds if I have to go somewhere but it is impossible to hide. My husband and I go to fast food drive up. My muscles are jerking me all over the place. Can hardly eat, choke. He had our truck windows tinted dark. I say maybe people think I like the music ! When I was young I was 5'9 and weighed 118 and had long blonde hair.Now he's my babysitter !

I also live in debilitating, chronic pain.
Life is so hard now.
I understand what you guys are going through.

I think the doctors cutting your dose in half was a big mistake.
Obviously.
You did what anyone living with chronic pain would do after trying to adjust to half their usual dose cut just like that.
Don‘t be too hard on yourself about what you did.
The war on people who need opiates to have some kind of quality of life has caused so much hurt and unnecessary pain!
Shame on these lawmakers and doctors!

I know how bad the fentanyl withdrawal is.
I was in a similar boat as you FF.
I was able to find a Pain Management doctor who put me on MS Contin (long acting morphine).
Morphine is the gold standard for pain.
I was able to regain balance and some quality of life back.
I had literally not slept for a year and could not eat when I finally got some help.

I haven’t ever tried Methadone but from what I understand, it does help for pain along with withdrawal symptoms.
I have tried Kratom and it does help some for pain and does help some for withdrawal but would not be something that would manage my condition.
Some have found Kratom is a great management tool for them.
We are all individual and have different problems.
Kratom is not illegal and you can order it online and give it a try but I think you should try to find a pain management doctor.
Just be honest with them. Doctors have to know that just cutting your dosage of fentanyl in half after you have been used to a higher amount for 17 years is going to wreak havoc upon you.

It is so wrong how they blame the victim and put shame upon you.
That was wrong of them to do to you!

How are you doing now?
what are you taking now?
Let me know and I will try to help.

With Love,
P.O

I am now on 40 mg of methadone,at the methadone clinic I can't split doses cuz they watch you take it and frown on splitting,I guess that's something I can do once I get take homes ,but I'm not sure how that will work,I mean there will be times that I will have to come in.Im on gabapentin 600 mg every four hours,and that's it for pain,that's it,I was taking a anti depressant for pain ,but went off that due to tremors,I have been cheating and left a fentynal patch on ,today I took that off, mainly cuz I'm scared I'm just raising my tolerance,and methadone will never work😞I'm in pain but not full board yet , other than aspirin I'm out of luck,I'm scared and stupid about this shit,been reading every thing I can find online,so many horror stories,and stories of screw ups like mine, apparently no started all wrong to begin with ,I should of been going through detox before I started the methadone. where as I still had a three patches and thought I could skip the detox and go on from there.Im hurting not full board yet but I believe by tomorrow morning I will be,.I don't know how you made it for a year😨when I went those 17 days I thought taking myself out😞but that wasn't a option,i couldn't do something like that to my family.Im to old for this shit,61 yrs old and feeling like 99.9.I wish I had a person that went this route to navigate me through it.My son knows people,but they are young and used other drugs heroin ect...he says keep the patch on but cut it in halve and continue to reduce till I'm covered.i just don't know?

Yes "Painful one,,"certainly knows the hell fentynal withdrawal can be,and I'm so frickin impressed that she was even able too. I'm not trying to be difficult but I think I will stay away from the kratom,just fearful of it, probably sounds darn right stupid considering the two drugs I'm playing with now😐I'm really wondering if I use my fentynal pain patch cut in half if it would work?,in another three days I will be at 50 mg of methadone,when I say work I mean keep away withdrawal's,and ease my pain.The one counselor said she kept blankets in her office and have had people curled up on her floor😨.I so appreciate everything,it's hard to put into words other than Thankyou all so so much,these conversations have kept me from going batty.🦇

Yes "Painful one,,"certainly knows the hell fentynal withdrawal can be,and I'm so frickin impressed that she was even able too. I'm not trying to be difficult but I think I will stay away from the kratom,just fearful of it, probably sounds darn right stupid considering the two drugs I'm playing with now😐I'm really wondering if I use my fentynal pain patch cut in half if it would work?,in another three days I will be at 50 mg of methadone,when I say work I mean keep away withdrawal's,and ease my pain.The one counselor said she kept blankets in her office and have had people curled up on her floor😨.I so appreciate everything,it's hard to put into words other than Thankyou all so so much,these conversations have kept me from going batty.🦇
Just throwing this out there, but yes with the methadone 40mg onboard I would absolutely cut your fentanyl patch in half because you’ve doubled the amount of MME’s you’ve been routinely taking based off your report. You might not be feeling the analgesia (pain relief) from your methadone because of the fentanyl misuse but that doesn’t mean that the double up on opiates isn’t affecting your breathing. Do you have naloxone on hand and someone that knows how how to use it on you? Please be aware of this. No one deserves to die because they’re trying to get their pain under control.

I did as you suggested and did find it helpful,wish me luck tomorrow is gonna say a lot as to where I stand,no patch just methadone.im thinking I just have to deal with the dreaded withdrawal,and hope I reach the right methadone dosage quickly.

Just throwing this out there, but yes with the methadone 40mg onboard I would absolutely cut your fentanyl patch in half because you’ve doubled the amount of MME’s you’ve been routinely taking based off your report. You might not be feeling the analgesia (pain relief) from your methadone because of the fentanyl misuse but that doesn’t mean that the double up on opiates isn’t affecting your breathing. Do you have naloxone on hand and someone that knows how how to use it on you? Please be aware of this. No one deserves to die because they’re trying to get their pain under control.

I did as you suggested and did find it helpful,wish me luck tomorrow is gonna say a lot as to where I stand,no patch just methadone.im thinking I just have to deal with the dreaded withdrawal,and hope I reach the right methadone dosage quickly.
Can you feel the methadone at all? Like even for the first 4-6 after you dose?

Yes I do have the spray on hand,I decided to go without the patch and hopefully reach the correct dose of methadone quickly.Pain and withdrawal is coming my way.Cuz there is no way I'm gonna risk overdose ,and death.I so appreciate everyone helping me,I really can't express that fully.At least my mind isn't racing a million miles a min trying to figure this out.😁

I'm not sure cuz I still had my fentynal patch on,I took it off this morning, cuz it was on its 72 hr,then been debating whether or not to put on a new 1/2 of patch.So I'm on 12 hrs without it,I guess it takes a bit for it to leave your system,like 17 hrs or so.i can say I do feel dopey but then I would.😐I just am dreading the withdrawals and the damn chronic pain that's coming my way😞wish I could just taper the patch till methadone hits it's mark but ... nothing comes easy.

I feel really messed up after a hour or so,not the giddy type messed up but somber,and tired off and on,it's been about 31 hrs w/o fentanyl,and yeah the pain is ramping up,no withdrawal yet ,just the spine.I will be able to tell more tomorrow.😐oh and the dose goes up to,50mg.I wish I could split it with permission but from what the nurse says,the doctor frowns on the pain issue,and won't even up the dose if told it's for pain😞

Hi😊I had my dosage increased yesterday to 50,it did cover the pain a bit better, but does lose some of that effectness as the afternoon progresses .I was giddy pretty much all day and thankfully slept well with the help of my trazodone and nite time benadryl.8Thats one thing about this stuff ,it makes you pretty sleepy.The weird thing is today was way different too,no giddiness,and no somber,pretty much on a level board.i was re-reading my posts ,and noticed I didn't answered my pain issues,I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis when I was 12 yrs old,cuz my knees ached terrible and dislocated on a dime didn't seem to matter what I was doing,now they do it when I'm sleeping too and that's the worse,cuz I don't notice it and the sit like that till I go to move,wow it's awful ,it spread to my spine relatively quickly,so in my 20's I was having problems,and would have to let my back rest after any strenuous activity,and that was pretty often since I had children,by the time I was in my 40's the surgeries started and I was granted disability.At that time my surgeon said I had the spine of a 90 yr old.Afterca couple fusions and the the Laminectomy,in my lumbar spine ,my spine collapsed and two vertebrae stepped forward into the cord. It's now the bone on bone pain everywhere and nerve pain,I take gabapentin for that,and was put on Fentynal, only after trying everything else under the sun. So far it's not as good as fentanyl but I'm pushing on to get as close as possible.

I have a question maybe someone can answer,why is it that you wake up needing this methadone when it had a life of ,30 something hrs?I literally wake up with the anxiety,times 10!,and it happens like clock work.not a good feeling at all.i would throw up if I had to eat🤢

Your right I looked at some old posts from 2010,and they too had a issue about this,I wonder could it be a brain thing? It weird,and nasty.At the clinic the busy time is opening,6:00am,I thought they got there before they had to get to work,but I wonder now🤔I will ask the counselor tomorrow.Everyday is different with this stuff, yesterday it was hard to keep my eyes open about a hour after my dose,today I went up to 60mg and there was no problem.Pain wise im more aware,I'm hoping it most of it is because I been doing more.I really like this site, it keeps me real,plus I would of been alone in all of this, literally