• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Flubromazepam withdrawal after discontinuation

DementiaSavantPlus

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelighters,
[Mods: I placed this thread in Other Drugs because it deals with a benzo that is considered an RC and is not prescribed. Please migrate it to Basic Discussion if you feel that there is where it is more suited. Thanks.]

Now in regards to my query: I went through a vial of a Flubromazepam pg solution of 150 mg in about 2 to 3 weeks, dosing an average of 8 mg per day, and of course noticing a marked decrease in its effects, meaning of course that a dependency has set in.

My question is, considering its (proposed) 106 hour half-life, after what length of time should I anticipate the withdrawal symptoms to reveal themselves.
I read somewhere that 7-14 days is an average time.

Does anyone have experience with a similarly habitual use of Flubromazepam (i.e. time/dosage)? And what was the experience like in terms of symptoms?

I have some Clonazolam pg solution on the way in a few days. I am aware its most likely not the best for tapering, but it is the only RC benzo to which I am attracted outside of Etizolam, whose half-life is insufficient for a taper. I am also aware that an "attractive" benzo is certainly not ideal for a taper, but oh well... I will make it work. It has to work this time, as I need to get off this stuff.

Additionally, I am prescribed gabapentin, and have been for years. However, this may not mask the benzo withdrawal symptoms to the degree that it does for for some because my tolerance to it is high and I have just begun a taper. (I am now on 1200mg per day, and dropped from 1500mg about 2 weeks ago.)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks to all.

Hi,

I cannot offer specific suggestions for you, but can share my experience.

After a few weeks of on and off use of etizolam, flubromazepam and some other rc benzos, I blasted my way through a week of destruction. I am prescribed pregabalin (lyrica). Similar to gabapentin. This helped a lot with the anxiety. If you suffer from anxiety (which the benzo's masked) this will come back stronger than before for a while. Depending where you live you may be able to get OTC codeine and do an extraction. This may too help with the WD.

I just stopped (like you) and found that the worst of the WD was anxiety and insomnia. Throughout the day I was very uncomfortable and restless with sharp pains and electric pain in my fingers. This only lasted a couple of days. I felt drained, irritable and generally shitty, but back to normal in a week. I can't say how soon these materialised though from memory after quitting.

If you have some to taper, any taper may help smooth out the process. I know benzo WD can be worse than opiate WD, but even after a few weeks of etizolam and flubromazepam I managed to sneek out the other end with little of the horror some people talk about. YMMV. Just be ready for some discomfort and be glad you can nip this in the bud now, rather than later. 2-3 weeks continuous is problematic, but it will likely be way worse if you keep going as you have been.

Stimulants like caffeine and nicotine make 'the edge' worse. I found a lot of green tea helped, even as a placebo, but if you believe it works and it does then who cares why? If you can stockpile some gabapentin so you can dose a bit higher when you need to and save some when you don't for these occasions.

Good luck, it won't be too bad. This sounds worse than it actually is.

Thanks for the response. Before I got ahold of the flubromazepam, I had a seizure at my workplace and only have a memory of gaining consciousness in an ambulance. This was due to quitting a short clonazolam habit, but mainly due to my over-taking and depleting my gabapentin prescription, and facing the doctor's refusal to renew it earlier than as per scheduled.

When you have been on gabapentin for 8 years at 1500mg per day as I have, 2 days without it is an absolutely bizarre and horrible experience. The only reason I didn't feel suicidal was for the fact that, for a few minutes, I thought I may had already died, (because the derealization became so intense.) Then, the vertigo arrives, which, for me, was so severe that I couldn't stand up, move my head, or move my eyes without the room turning perfectly sideways or upside down. This was accompanied by severe nausea as well.

That was the first round. The seizure happened later, when I ran out early again, also with the lack of my doctor's sympathy/cooperation.

I also abruptly (CT) quit a 6-9 month, (avg. 15g per day) phenibut habit that I could write a novel about... full-fledged psychosis with visual/audial hallucinations galore. This was about 2 years ago I think. It was nothing compared to sudden-onset wretchedness of the gaba withdrawal, which actually leaves you unable to function.

I am on a slow and heavily controlled taper as of now. I mentioned the above anecdotes because you said you are prescribed Lyrica. Just be sure that you know that the withdrawal is severe. Many doctors are misinformed about this.

Thanks for the info about flubromazepam. I was also using etizolam simultaneously, but my withdrawals from it have never been so bad in comparison to the others. I am going to use the clonazolam sparingly. And I have some strong kava root coming and some kratom for a distraction.

Hello Bluelighters,
[Mods: I placed this thread in Other Drugs because it deals with a benzo that is considered an RC and is not prescribed. Please migrate it to Basic Discussion if you feel that there is where it is more suited. Thanks.]

Now in regards to my query: I went through a vial of a Flubromazepam pg solution of 150 mg in about 2 to 3 weeks, dosing an average of 8 mg per day, and of course noticing a marked decrease in its effects, meaning of course that a dependency has set in.

My question is, considering its (proposed) 106 hour half-life, after what length of time should I anticipate the withdrawal symptoms to reveal themselves.
I read somewhere that 7-14 days is an average time.

Does anyone have experience with a similarly habitual use of Flubromazepam (i.e. time/dosage)? And what was the experience like in terms of symptoms?

I have some Clonazolam pg solution on the way in a few days. I am aware its most likely not the best for tapering, but it is the only RC benzo to which I am attracted outside of Etizolam, whose half-life is insufficient for a taper. I am also aware that an "attractive" benzo is certainly not ideal for a taper, but oh well... I will make it work. It has to work this time, as I need to get off this stuff.

Additionally, I am prescribed gabapentin, and have been for years. However, this may not mask the benzo withdrawal symptoms to the degree that it does for for some because my tolerance to it is high and I have just begun a taper. (I am now on 1200mg per day, and dropped from 1500mg about 2 weeks ago.)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks to all.

I think it's fine in OD, it's not a common benzo..

Usually after 5-7 half lives is when the drug is fully excreted from your body, I would suspect wd to set in sometime before that..So sometime before a month lol.. And I'm sure you'll have the other benz by then, in which case you might not feel many symptoms..

Have you been dependent on benzos before?

Yes, but mainly etizolam. The few times that I withdrew from phenibut were about as about as bad or worse than the etizolam withdrawals, excluding that one very serious one, in which I had to quit cold turkey due to circumstances out of my control.

I mentioned the above anecdotes because you said you are prescribed Lyrica. Just be sure that you know that the withdrawal is severe. Many doctors are misinformed about this.

Thanks. I have heard conflicting reports on the Lyrica WD. All the terrible ones seem to be high doses like yours. I am on 150mg in the morning and 150mg afternoon / evening. I have taken larger doses, but I find no recreational value from it (luckily). These small doses remove my anxiety in about an hour. I have insuflated the Lyrica in the past, which acts faster and results in a very speedy effect as I have no anxiety (or inhibition), but do not do this now as that kind of mood as a result of the rc benzos is what caused my rapid self destruction while being oblivious to it at the time.

My personal experience with Kratom is the comedown / wd is not nice. It may help after you dose, but when it is gone you could end up feeling worse maybe.

How are you getting on now?

Last edited:
How are you getting on now?

Well, it turned out that it was impossible for me to control the clonazolam enough to gradually lower the dosage. Since it is in fact such a high-potency benzo, my plan was "taper" by gradually leaving more time in between something like .25-.5 mg doses. After daily usage, suddenly my dropper bottle was depleted.

It also turns out that kratom is alleviating and/or masking the withdrawals. I have been without a benzo for about a week, and have only experienced hints of withdrawal (basically only between doses of kratom).

I am taking high (more sedative) doses of what I was told was Green Maeng Da. I can't say that I "feel" the kratom. It's effects and the benzo WD are balancing with each other to where I basically feel normal, just a little "off." Although occasionally I will nod for about 30 minutes, but then I snap out of it.

Does anyone have experience with kratom helping benzo withdrawal? The info on this I have read in forums, etc. is even more scattered than most info you see in forums.

It may also be true, however, that if flubromazepam's half-life is really 106 hrs, then I still have its metabolites floating around. This could be the reason I haven't been hit with a severe benzo withdrawal so far. I suppose that also means there's a nightmare awaiting me.

I would say overall, I don't feel well, but I am not pacing around the room with out-of-control nerves, and I am sleeping pretty well.

I would say overall, I don't feel well, but I am not pacing around the room with out-of-control nerves, and I am sleeping pretty well.

Glad you are getting on ok(ish) so far. With regards to the kratom: I found that the codeine helped mask the effects of the benzo wd (remember though, mine was pretty small). I found that kratom wd is worse than codeine, so use it sparingly if you can.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :)

Yes, but mainly etizolam. The few times that I withdrew from phenibut were about as about as bad or worse than the etizolam withdrawals, excluding that one very serious one, in which I had to quit cold turkey due to circumstances out of my control.