• HEALTH &
    RECOVERY
    🌼 Welcome Guest 🌼
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • H&R Moderators: chinup | VerbalTruist | n3ophy7e
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

For all you opiate users here : Top tips on handling withdrawal?

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
First my survival list a detailed explanation and details ls of how I have utilized my list follows:

1. Kratom ( red or yellow) I use red Sumatra for the moment. Find the dose that takes away your withdrawals and stay there if you want to rebuild your life through maintenance or taper if you want to just detox. key don’t up the dose! I think that is how people get in trouble and fall into addictive behavior.

if you can’t get kratom for whatever reason.

2. loperamide and plain DXM cough medicine. I used to take what it says on the box for DXM and up to 20mgs ( 10 pills) of loperamide once a day. Then taper the loperamide after the first week.

3. A good laxative to keep what is the main side effects of loperamide for you from getting scary.

I usually always preceded my loperamide dose with milk of magnesia. The upside was that the milk of magnesia made my family think I had a stomach bug and they didn’t question my loperamide use.

4.Dramamine for sleeping. Before I knew about loperamide I was able to get 6 hours of sleep while going through cold turkey withdrawals from 6 10/325 Percocet a day. Only took Dramamine that time and I could still sleep.

5. grapefruit juice and lots of your favorite sports drink. Not together just be drinking a lot of fluids. The grapefruit juice will help the loperamide work and other fluids help clean out your system and possibly shorten withdrawals a little bit
6. Nicotinamide. There’s evidence that massive amounts of it through IV can be a treatment option by itself.( I will try and post the articles that say that and link to the video I saw later).
So I figure since my body makes it anyway I might as well take it orally. Niacin which is very closely related chemically doesn’t seem to help me

7. Crackers: that first time with just Dramamine I lived on crackers and sports drink for 4 days. Liters and liters of sports drink. By day 6 I was well enough to go to something for school without people asking if I was ill. My experience is that eating can slightly heighten withdrawals temporarily. So I drink a huge amount of fluids and eat as little as I can and crackers are a good option.

8. video games, music movies all your favorite ones.
distraction is the key here. No offense to anyone who says exercise is good for withdrawals but if I am kicking cold turkey the only exercise I feel up to is running to the bathroom in between sport drink.
A
2-8 are my without kratom withdrawals survival list.

However, i recommend kratom big time I have been on it for a few years on and off was doing that switch thing when I would run out early of Rx.

Since last September however, I have been on kratom only and I have noticed I have less withdrawals in between doses if I wait too long ( I hardly ever have sneezing fits now). I have been on the same dose for 3 years but the frequency goes up and down between 2 to 6 times a day I have chronic hip pain legitimately so I dose more frequently if it’s a bad day.
My point is that based only on my experience I think one can actually get receptors to “ heal” or whatever with kratom only over a longish time. Like the people at the methadone clinic said that methadone would do.

I don’t think methadone does that but kratom is seeming to for me. I have a hunch that it is key not to up your dose though.

Also, I put in hot chocolate or hot milk. It’s disgusting so I frequently don’t finish it. II notice the WDs fading I don’t finish it unless I need more for pain control.

With kratom, the only thing I still take from my list is NAD. So that could be part of the lessening of withdrawals too.

By the way, one week last month my kratom was delayed. So I switched to loperamide and found I only needed 5 pills to start rather than 8 or 10.

So that added to my feeling that maybe kratom or NAD or both is helping to lessen my bodyWhen I used to use items 2 through 8 of my list, the only one I took more of than the box says was loperamide’s dependence on opiates.
i know anecdotal evidence is not really evidence except maybe It highlights things that might be worth investing. . But still I can only observe my experience. Bible college ( where I am in life) does not lend itself to suggesting or doing clinical research.

When I used to use items 2 through 8 of my list, the only one I took more of than the box says was loperamide.

If you decide to use kratom or loperamide for maintenance and you would be interested in attending virtual support meeting. Please let me know. I am thinking of starting alternative opiate maintenance anonymous meetings. I don’t like the 12 step model though.

So, it might not follow that format. The point is more anonymous support group. Not sure how it would look on the ground yet. Sorry this so long.

I forgot good hypnosis recordings can help with distraction and sleep, Dan Jones is, in my opinion, one of top 3 hypnotist on YouTube, if not the best outright.
I know of one other excellent hypnotist but his stuff is only for sell on his website and when I mentioned him by name before people wrongly accused me of getting kickbacks.

I don’t even know him personally. He is in China and I am in California but I learned only mention names if it’s free stuff. This nameless person is actually better than Dan Jones I think, he has had more experience and teaches hypnosis classes online and in person I think. So if you want more information about him feel free to PM me.

I hope you find something useful ln this post. Good luck

Bigjohn1980

Bluelighter
You were my first htought at contact but my last move had rpercussions that i still have scrs for. lol not really. just couldnt get the conext clearly and may be able of oofer something but maybe no. not sure what to do now but:
I

I forgot abut coffee
benzos
and kratom

done
are yall ready for the next six hours of bh? lol

ya mean this typathing? :cheer:
What’s bl

yubacity

Bluelighter
Yeah I managed to get my hands on enough Lyrica to do me for the 10 days. Took one 300mg last night and woke up feeling ok, then took 30mgs of Zopiclone on top.
No withdrawals to speak of.
How did the pregabs work on your withdrawals are you feeling ok

endlessnameless

Bluelighter
How did the pregabs work on your withdrawals are you feeling ok
They worked great, I'm on Day 9 and I'll be on Day 10 in 8 hours. Now I did have one slip but the stuff was complete crap. I felt pretty much no withdrawal at all with them save for cravings and boredom. Managed to get some Valium too which I'm only using as needed.

Last edited:

yubacity

Bluelighter
They worked great, I'm on Day 9 and I'll be on Day 10 in 8 hours. Now I did have one slip but the stuff was complete crap. I felt pretty much no withdrawal at all with them save for cravings and boredom. Managed to get some Valium too which I'm only using as needed.
Congrat the pregabs let me go to work the best thing for opiate wd in my opinon. Be very careful don't switch addictions the wd from pregabs are worse than opiates pure mental torture. Your doing great brother taper down the pregabalin and jump when you get down to a small amount

endlessnameless

Bluelighter
Congrat the pregabs let me go to work the best thing for opiate wd in my opinon. Be very careful don't switch addictions the wd from pregabs are worse than opiates pure mental torture. Your doing great brother taper down the pregabalin and jump when you get down to a small amount

Yeah so I've heard. I've no plans on taking them every day - I haven't taken any in a few days now and dont plan on taking any more, but I'm not going to throw them out just in case I ever relapse again in the future. Have you ever been in Pregab withdrawals?

yubacity

Bluelighter
Yeah so I've heard. I've no plans on taking them every day - I haven't taken any in a few days now and dont plan on taking any more, but I'm not going to throw them out just in case I ever relapse again in the future. Have you ever been in Pregab withdrawals?
Since my first heroin wd after 13 years on it a few years ago I had about 5 pregab wd worse thing about them is unlike heroin which after the 3rd 4th day ease the pregabs stay at the same level for 6 or 7 days and it a horrible wd throw them out. Also, I was so addicted to pregabs that during my last opiate withdrawal I was starting at 123 or 15 300 mg pregabs and no lie may my kids die i took at one stage 45 or more 300 mg on my 3rd day and I was still having a bad opiate wd

endlessnameless

Bluelighter
Since my first heroin wd after 13 years on it a few years ago I had about 5 pregab wd worse thing about them is unlike heroin which after the 3rd 4th day ease the pregabs stay at the same level for 6 or 7 days and it a horrible wd throw them out. Also, I was so addicted to pregabs that during my last opiate withdrawal I was starting at 123 or 15 300 mg pregabs and no lie may my kids die i took at one stage 45 or more 300 mg on my 3rd day and I was still having a bad opiate wd

Wow, thats a lot of pregabalin. 15 x 300mg at a time? One 300mg was able to get rid of my withdrawals thankfully, so it total over the three days I only took 900mgs. I'll bare in mind what you're saying and I'll place them aside as most of my withdrawals (bar insomnia) have gone.

I've heard of a surge of people taking them to get a buzz - I can't see any recreational value to them at all. Over the first 3-4 days when I was taking them I could barely stand up and when I did sit/lie down I'd pass out, but at least I wasn't in opiate withdrawal. Like I said, I'm just keeping them aside in the unlikely scenario I have a slip up but if that doesnt happen by the end of next week then I know I'm in the clear.

n3ophy7e

Moderator: TDS, H&R, MH
Staff member
I've heard of a surge of people taking them to get a buzz - I can't see any recreational value to them at all.
Yeah, pregab and gabapentin certainly don't give me a buzz, no matter how much I take. At best, a high dose will be anxiolytic, relaxing and put me to sleep.

papercuts

Bluelighter
Yeah, pregab and gabapentin certainly don't give me a buzz, no matter how much I take. At best, a high dose will be anxiolytic, relaxing and put me to sleep.
Maybe it's less noticeable because there's no hit, it creeps in, I find it cheers me up and relaxes me but without a start or end that I can ever identify. Snorting it will wake you up a bit, swallowing it does the opposite, strange stuff.
If I'm craving additional opiates, taking 300mg of gabapentin a few times at half hour intervals definitely helps me stick to my plans and gives me a bit of a buzz if I'm lucky.

yubacity

Bluelighter
Wow, thats a lot of pregabalin. 15 x 300mg at a time? One 300mg was able to get rid of my withdrawals thankfully, so it total over the three days I only took 900mgs. I'll bare in mind what you're saying and I'll place them aside as most of my withdrawals (bar insomnia) have gone.

I've heard of a surge of people taking them to get a buzz - I can't see any recreational value to them at all. Over the first 3-4 days when I was taking them I could barely stand up and when I did sit/lie down I'd pass out, but at least I wasn't in opiate withdrawal. Like I said, I'm just keeping them aside in the unlikely scenario I have a slip up but if that doesnt happen by the end of next week then I know I'm in the clear.
Ive noticed with my my pals they either love them or hate them i love the buzz i noticed when i need to be awake i can and i love the pass out sleep thsy also increase4 the buzz of opium and weed by a good amount. Brother you not take any large amount you a pregabalin virgin but the tolerance i got a shit load i get 1500 indian 300 mg at 50 pence each he got 4000 left ill take the lot so ill have 5000 in total and ill get more when he gets them next month he gets them deliverd to loads of friends house ill get 1500 in each boxx ill get one delivery they so good when ill slip on heroin like i have now and i can taper slowly over the couple of months left in uk before i head back to yuba city

You got a lot of will power with them and you dont love the buzzz so you doing good keeping them it

yubacity

Bluelighter
Maybe it's less noticeable because there's no hit, it creeps in, I find it cheers me up and relaxes me but without a start or end that I can ever identify. Snorting it will wake you up a bit, swallowing it does the opposite, strange stuff.
If I'm craving additional opiates, taking 300mg of gabapentin a few times at half hour intervals definitely helps me stick to my plans and gives me a bit of a buzz if I'm lucky.
Snorting does not give as long a buzz always take them on a empty stomach and give a couplke of hours to come up

strangeaeon

Bluelighter
U supposed to take em gradually like every half hour, i did get a great buzz thefirst time i took them correctly but its not worth it imo its not that great at all compared to other meds

strangeaeon

Bluelighter
Get ur hands on some kratom, you wont get addicted to it at all and you will feel great... doesnt work for me tho, i need stronger stuff 🤡