• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

For all you opiate users here : Top tips on handling withdrawal?

Actually I've always found the mental symptoms less tolerable than the physical ones (well apart from the being sick. I really HATE being sick).
It's the horrible jitteriness which means I can't concentrate enough to read anything when reading is my favourite distraction for when I'm 'normal sick' or feel bad in other ways.

Hey not sure if mentioned but gallons ow water a day is very helpful... maybe exaxerated but eat too, right?
love

I have always been scared of benzodiazepines in now I know why some one mixed it up in the herion this is the biggest nightmare I every been in
Oh mate. Benzo withdrawals are a living nightmare. I had always been super careful with benzos because I was so scared of the withdrawals but I still allowed myself to get carried away this one time with heavy daily use. Then my supply ran out and I was forced to go cold turkey. When the withdrawals were at their absolute worst (day 2 or 3 I believe?) and I actually wanted to go to hospital, I remember saying to my partner "This is my worst nightmare, and I am living it".

Maybe it is what the dr ordered. Please discuss this with him next visit or ft. There are alternatives to benzos... fuck I hate/love them... and press him/her about it.
Best and looking for answers as well so please keep this updated?
Thanks
Am hanging in there this website has helped me a lot thanks to all

Oh mate. Benzo withdrawals are a living nightmare. I had always been super careful with benzos because I was so scared of the withdrawals but I still allowed myself to get carried away this one time with heavy daily use. Then my supply ran out and I was forced to go cold turkey. When the withdrawals were at their absolute worst (day 2 or 3 I believe?) and I actually wanted to go to hospital, I remember saying to my partner "This is my worst nightmare, and I am living it".
Your right omg it’s been hell still going throw it but I been taking my self down a little at a time cold turkeys omg your tough I would have been in the hospital

if ya got the benzos almost out of the way you should be rejoicing, IMO/E.
No time is wasted. We live, learn and hopefully drop words and actions that help others make more informed/safe decisions in life. We may never see the fruit but there is that ripple effect I believe. Collateral damage goes both ways - it heals and hurts.
Just jumpin in givin an opinion but if this has nothing to do with anything ask me to delete and I will without remorse. ;)
You fine thank god knows I have hurt a lot of people in my life it would be nice to help just one person 😍

it would be nice to help just one person
I may be the one to take ya up on that.
No shit.
I got no shame and dgaf about what others think do dont mind an open conversion but prv msgs mainly go avoided. Trust issue most likely I wont repond to pms. Trust againl
I will call ay aout if I het the vie that you may have an answewr I may need... or at least a seeed. ;)
Love and fixin toburn some wood so be back but no telling what shape iima be in.

Am hanging in there this website has helped me a lot thanks to all
And many more; myself included fwiw. Nothing like it... not even irl fuckin plastic ass clowns. lol
I been taking my self down a little at a time
Continue this approach; best ime. ;)
ou fine thank god knows I have hurt a lot of people in my life it would be nice to help just one person
If this is what you want then it has already been accomplished.
Carry on. :In love:

And many more; myself included fwiw. Nothing like it... not even irl fuckin plastic ass clowns. lol

Continue this approach; best ime. ;)

If this is what you want then it has already been accomplished.
Carry on. :In love:
Am hanging each day gets better n better but this is one hell of a nightmare I tell you that hot the cold I have came to fair to stop now

Ketamine! It works better than benzos for opiate wds. Absolutely eliminates them. Also its not physically addictive. You will have to dose it more often than benzos though.
Just make sure to stay extremely well hydrated when you're using the K and spit the drip out if you're going the nasal ROA.
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
Is it really not tho? everyone i know who does it can't get enough of it, or have been at it for years, wasting alot of money on it, maybe it's not physically but mentally addictive, like weed when mfers can't go a day without it

maybe it's not physically but mentally addictive
Exactly what I meant yeah.
it won't make your ill or rattle like physically addictive drugs.
You will crave it, like when you crave weed when you're a daily smoker and mentally hooked.
But
you don't have to use ket long enough to get mentally hooked if youre using it to come off opiates or benzos

Duplicate post from the abyss, but...

Opiates made me forget how bad sneezing with fractured ribs is.
Day 3 with no opiates. Was on them for about a month.
Tried to CT them about a week ago with 14 benzos then ended up taking all the benzos over 2 days and gettinf back the opiates again a few days later due to pain.
Then CT'd them again 3 days ago. Was planning on tapering down a bit but now im into day 3 i think ill just carry on CTing. Weed and booze helps me alot.
Hopefully get K tomorrow. If not im getting diazepam too because the restlessness while trying to sleep and once woken up sucks.
But yeah, sneezing with bad ribs really makes me wish i was on them still.
I think i may have come off of them too early.

Anyone else ever fractured ribs? Specifically 5 at a time? Did you take painkillers? And if so for how long/how long did you have to taper?

For lack of methadone, i been using a cocktail of 3 tramadol 100, 2 lyrica 150, 1 ibuprofen, 1 paracetamol, 1 leviteracetam, 1 drop of the most potent cbd i ever tried, and arnica tea, it puts me to nap right away and i wake up feeling normal, i believe that if i can keep it up, i will kick dope really fast, tomorrow is my first day at the conservatory which is really close to my dope dealer, i hope i make it

Duplicate post from the abyss, but...

Opiates made me forget how bad sneezing with fractured ribs is.
Day 3 with no opiates. Was on them for about a month.
Tried to CT them about a week ago with 14 benzos then ended up taking all the benzos over 2 days and gettinf back the opiates again a few days later due to pain.
Then CT'd them again 3 days ago. Was planning on tapering down a bit but now im into day 3 i think ill just carry on CTing. Weed and booze helps me alot.
Hopefully get K tomorrow. If not im getting diazepam too because the restlessness while trying to sleep and once woken up sucks.
But yeah, sneezing with bad ribs really makes me wish i was on them still.
I think i may have come off of them too early.

Anyone else ever fractured ribs? Specifically 5 at a time? Did you take painkillers? And if so for how long/how long did you have to taper?
How did u fracture 5 ribs if u dont mind me asking
i fractured my skull once, still have a big dent on the top of my head but it never hurt. I got into opiates when my mom kicked me in the spine on purpose

First my survival list a detailed explanation and details ls of how I have utilized my list follows:

1. Kratom ( red or yellow) I use red Sumatra for the moment. Find the dose that takes away your withdrawals and stay there if you want to rebuild your life through maintenance or taper if you want to just detox. key don’t up the dose! I think that is how people get in trouble and fall into addictive behavior.

if you can’t get kratom for whatever reason.

2. loperamide and plain DXM cough medicine. I used to take what it says on the box for DXM and up to 20mgs ( 10 pills) of loperamide once a day. Then taper the loperamide after the first week.

3. A good laxative to keep what is the main side effects of loperamide for you from getting scary.

I usually always preceded my loperamide dose with milk of magnesia. The upside was that the milk of magnesia made my family think I had a stomach bug and they didn’t question my loperamide use.

4.Dramamine for sleeping. Before I knew about loperamide I was able to get 6 hours of sleep while going through cold turkey withdrawals from 6 10/325 Percocet a day. Only took Dramamine that time and I could still sleep.

5. grapefruit juice and lots of your favorite sports drink. Not together just be drinking a lot of fluids. The grapefruit juice will help the loperamide work and other fluids help clean out your system and possibly shorten withdrawals a little bit
6. Nicotinamide. There’s evidence that massive amounts of it through IV can be a treatment option by itself.( I will try and post the articles that say that and link to the video I saw later).
So I figure since my body makes it anyway I might as well take it orally. Niacin which is very closely related chemically doesn’t seem to help me

7. Crackers: that first time with just Dramamine I lived on crackers and sports drink for 4 days. Liters and liters of sports drink. By day 6 I was well enough to go to something for school without people asking if I was ill. My experience is that eating can slightly heighten withdrawals temporarily. So I drink a huge amount of fluids and eat as little as I can and crackers are a good option.

8. video games, music movies all your favorite ones.
distraction is the key here. No offense to anyone who says exercise is good for withdrawals but if I am kicking cold turkey the only exercise I feel up to is running to the bathroom in between sport drink.
A
2-8 are my without kratom withdrawals survival list.

However, i recommend kratom big time I have been on it for a few years on and off was doing that switch thing when I would run out early of Rx.

Since last September however, I have been on kratom only and I have noticed I have less withdrawals in between doses if I wait too long ( I hardly ever have sneezing fits now). I have been on the same dose for 3 years but the frequency goes up and down between 2 to 6 times a day I have chronic hip pain legitimately so I dose more frequently if it’s a bad day.
My point is that based only on my experience I think one can actually get receptors to “ heal” or whatever with kratom only over a longish time. Like the people at the methadone clinic said that methadone would do.

I don’t think methadone does that but kratom is seeming to for me. I have a hunch that it is key not to up your dose though.

Also, I put in hot chocolate or hot milk. It’s disgusting so I frequently don’t finish it. II notice the WDs fading I don’t finish it unless I need more for pain control.

With kratom, the only thing I still take from my list is NAD. So that could be part of the lessening of withdrawals too.

By the way, one week last month my kratom was delayed. So I switched to loperamide and found I only needed 5 pills to start rather than 8 or 10.

So that added to my feeling that maybe kratom or NAD or both is helping to lessen my bodyWhen I used to use items 2 through 8 of my list, the only one I took more of than the box says was loperamide’s dependence on opiates.
i know anecdotal evidence is not really evidence except maybe It highlights things that might be worth investing. . But still I can only observe my experience. Bible college ( where I am in life) does not lend itself to suggesting or doing clinical research.

When I used to use items 2 through 8 of my list, the only one I took more of than the box says was loperamide.

If you decide to use kratom or loperamide for maintenance and you would be interested in attending virtual support meeting. Please let me know. I am thinking of starting alternative opiate maintenance anonymous meetings. I don’t like the 12 step model though.

So, it might not follow that format. The point is more anonymous support group. Not sure how it would look on the ground yet. Sorry this so long.

I forgot good hypnosis recordings can help with distraction and sleep, Dan Jones is, in my opinion, one of top 3 hypnotist on YouTube, if not the best outright.
I know of one other excellent hypnotist but his stuff is only for sell on his website and when I mentioned him by name before people wrongly accused me of getting kickbacks.

I don’t even know him personally. He is in China and I am in California but I learned only mention names if it’s free stuff. This nameless person is actually better than Dan Jones I think, he has had more experience and teaches hypnosis classes online and in person I think. So if you want more information about him feel free to PM me.

I hope you find something useful ln this post. Good luck