• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

For all you opiate users here : Top tips on handling withdrawal?

You were my first htought at contact but my last move had rpercussions that i still have scrs for. lol not really. just couldnt get the conext clearly and may be able of oofer something but maybe no. not sure what to do now but:
I

I forgot abut coffee
benzos
and kratom

done
are yall ready for the next six hours of bh? lol

ya mean this typathing? :cheer:
What’s bl

Yeah I managed to get my hands on enough Lyrica to do me for the 10 days. Took one 300mg last night and woke up feeling ok, then took 30mgs of Zopiclone on top.
No withdrawals to speak of.
How did the pregabs work on your withdrawals are you feeling ok

How did the pregabs work on your withdrawals are you feeling ok
They worked great, I'm on Day 9 and I'll be on Day 10 in 8 hours. Now I did have one slip but the stuff was complete crap. I felt pretty much no withdrawal at all with them save for cravings and boredom. Managed to get some Valium too which I'm only using as needed.

Last edited:
They worked great, I'm on Day 9 and I'll be on Day 10 in 8 hours. Now I did have one slip but the stuff was complete crap. I felt pretty much no withdrawal at all with them save for cravings and boredom. Managed to get some Valium too which I'm only using as needed.
Congrat the pregabs let me go to work the best thing for opiate wd in my opinon. Be very careful don't switch addictions the wd from pregabs are worse than opiates pure mental torture. Your doing great brother taper down the pregabalin and jump when you get down to a small amount

Congrat the pregabs let me go to work the best thing for opiate wd in my opinon. Be very careful don't switch addictions the wd from pregabs are worse than opiates pure mental torture. Your doing great brother taper down the pregabalin and jump when you get down to a small amount

Yeah so I've heard. I've no plans on taking them every day - I haven't taken any in a few days now and dont plan on taking any more, but I'm not going to throw them out just in case I ever relapse again in the future. Have you ever been in Pregab withdrawals?

Yeah so I've heard. I've no plans on taking them every day - I haven't taken any in a few days now and dont plan on taking any more, but I'm not going to throw them out just in case I ever relapse again in the future. Have you ever been in Pregab withdrawals?
Since my first heroin wd after 13 years on it a few years ago I had about 5 pregab wd worse thing about them is unlike heroin which after the 3rd 4th day ease the pregabs stay at the same level for 6 or 7 days and it a horrible wd throw them out. Also, I was so addicted to pregabs that during my last opiate withdrawal I was starting at 123 or 15 300 mg pregabs and no lie may my kids die i took at one stage 45 or more 300 mg on my 3rd day and I was still having a bad opiate wd

Since my first heroin wd after 13 years on it a few years ago I had about 5 pregab wd worse thing about them is unlike heroin which after the 3rd 4th day ease the pregabs stay at the same level for 6 or 7 days and it a horrible wd throw them out. Also, I was so addicted to pregabs that during my last opiate withdrawal I was starting at 123 or 15 300 mg pregabs and no lie may my kids die i took at one stage 45 or more 300 mg on my 3rd day and I was still having a bad opiate wd

Wow, thats a lot of pregabalin. 15 x 300mg at a time? One 300mg was able to get rid of my withdrawals thankfully, so it total over the three days I only took 900mgs. I'll bare in mind what you're saying and I'll place them aside as most of my withdrawals (bar insomnia) have gone.

I've heard of a surge of people taking them to get a buzz - I can't see any recreational value to them at all. Over the first 3-4 days when I was taking them I could barely stand up and when I did sit/lie down I'd pass out, but at least I wasn't in opiate withdrawal. Like I said, I'm just keeping them aside in the unlikely scenario I have a slip up but if that doesnt happen by the end of next week then I know I'm in the clear.

I've heard of a surge of people taking them to get a buzz - I can't see any recreational value to them at all.
Yeah, pregab and gabapentin certainly don't give me a buzz, no matter how much I take. At best, a high dose will be anxiolytic, relaxing and put me to sleep.

Yeah, pregab and gabapentin certainly don't give me a buzz, no matter how much I take. At best, a high dose will be anxiolytic, relaxing and put me to sleep.
Maybe it's less noticeable because there's no hit, it creeps in, I find it cheers me up and relaxes me but without a start or end that I can ever identify. Snorting it will wake you up a bit, swallowing it does the opposite, strange stuff.
If I'm craving additional opiates, taking 300mg of gabapentin a few times at half hour intervals definitely helps me stick to my plans and gives me a bit of a buzz if I'm lucky.

Wow, thats a lot of pregabalin. 15 x 300mg at a time? One 300mg was able to get rid of my withdrawals thankfully, so it total over the three days I only took 900mgs. I'll bare in mind what you're saying and I'll place them aside as most of my withdrawals (bar insomnia) have gone.

I've heard of a surge of people taking them to get a buzz - I can't see any recreational value to them at all. Over the first 3-4 days when I was taking them I could barely stand up and when I did sit/lie down I'd pass out, but at least I wasn't in opiate withdrawal. Like I said, I'm just keeping them aside in the unlikely scenario I have a slip up but if that doesnt happen by the end of next week then I know I'm in the clear.
Ive noticed with my my pals they either love them or hate them i love the buzz i noticed when i need to be awake i can and i love the pass out sleep thsy also increase4 the buzz of opium and weed by a good amount. Brother you not take any large amount you a pregabalin virgin but the tolerance i got a shit load i get 1500 indian 300 mg at 50 pence each he got 4000 left ill take the lot so ill have 5000 in total and ill get more when he gets them next month he gets them deliverd to loads of friends house ill get 1500 in each boxx ill get one delivery they so good when ill slip on heroin like i have now and i can taper slowly over the couple of months left in uk before i head back to yuba city

You got a lot of will power with them and you dont love the buzzz so you doing good keeping them it

Maybe it's less noticeable because there's no hit, it creeps in, I find it cheers me up and relaxes me but without a start or end that I can ever identify. Snorting it will wake you up a bit, swallowing it does the opposite, strange stuff.
If I'm craving additional opiates, taking 300mg of gabapentin a few times at half hour intervals definitely helps me stick to my plans and gives me a bit of a buzz if I'm lucky.
Snorting does not give as long a buzz always take them on a empty stomach and give a couplke of hours to come up

U supposed to take em gradually like every half hour, i did get a great buzz thefirst time i took them correctly but its not worth it imo its not that great at all compared to other meds

Get ur hands on some kratom, you wont get addicted to it at all and you will feel great... doesnt work for me tho, i need stronger stuff 🤡

Wow crazy this is no life I been a doing this for 35 years wasted of my life
Wow crazy this is no life I been a doing this for 35 years wasted of my life
I know what you mean my brother I'm not far behind you 30 years in wake up in the morning it's like a punch in the gut. But we only got this one life and as Robert plant sang yes the are two paths you can go by but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on

U supposed to take em gradually like every half hour, i did get a great buzz thefirst time i took them correctly but its not worth it imo its not that great at all compared to other meds
Oh yeah man I do gradually increase the dose, I still don't get a "buzz", just really relaxed and sleepy lol

Get ur hands on some kratom, you wont get addicted to it at all and you will feel great... doesnt work for me tho, i need stronger stuff 🤡

I'm not sure who you were making this suggestion to @strangeaeon but irrespective of who, there's plenty of people out there addicted to Kratom mate. Granted it may not be anywhere near as bad as actual opioid/opiate withdrawal, but a simple google search or even a search on here will confirm what I'm saying. It has its own set of symptoms too - I've spoken to people on Reddit who have a very real dependency on that stuff so I've heard it from the horse's mouth.

Red Maeng Da seems to be the most effective for getting off opioids/opiates (and has helped some people with cocaine addictions too) but its been stipulated to me from multiple different people that its only to be used for no more than a week lest one runs the very real risk of trading one addiction for another. I can't recall the particulars in terms of the dosage but I do remember that it varied from person to person according to which opioid and what dosage they were using, so do please bear in mind that it's not as innocuous a substance as some purport it to be.

I haven't come across it in Ireland at all yet - you'd have to order it via some online vendor from the US or Canada to some 'bando or you can be sure of a rap-a-tap-tap upon the aule chamber door as I think it's been actually scheduled as a narcotic (or at the very least it's illegal anyway). Not sure of its legal status in the UK but were it legal in Ireland I'd have definitely considered using it as an aid to help me over the initial hump of heroin withdrawal.

Depends on what kind of a buzz you're looking for. I mean I literally couldn't function on them - great if you want to konk out for 4 or 5 hours, get the munchies and stumble down to the fridge provided you can make it down the stairs, but I cant for the life of me understand what people see in them in terms of a recreational high. I hate that wobbly feeling, but if it gets rid of the opioid withdrawals I can put up with the wobblies for a few days. They're very easy to build a tolerance to - I mean it only takes 3 or 4 days before you need to up the dose if you want to keep that 'dizzy buzz'. The tragic thing for me was when I would take 4 or 5 D10's the next day but to no avail whatsoever. I must have wasted 15 of them trying to get that wave of relaxation wash over me but the Lyrica just totally blocked the Diazepam entirely. That did not go down well at all let me tell you.

Last edited: