• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

For all you opiate users here : Top tips on handling withdrawal?

Depends on what kind of a buzz you're looking for. I mean I literally couldn't function on them - great if you want to konk out for 4 or 5 hours, get the munchies and stumble down to the fridge provided you can make it down the stairs, but I cant for the life of me understand what people see in them in terms of a recreational high. I hate that wobbly feeling, but if it gets rid of the opioid withdrawals I can put up with the wobblies for a few days. They're very easy to build a tolerance to - I mean it only takes 3 or 4 days before you need to up the dose if you want to keep that 'dizzy buzz'. The tragic thing for me was when I would take 4 or 5 D10's the next day but to no avail whatsoever. I must have wasted 15 of them trying to get that wave of relaxation wash over me but the Lyrica just totally blocked the Diazepam entirely. That did not go down well at all let me tell you.
That explains a lot. I thought the diazepam I had were bunk, but they weren't when I first got them, just the few left in a drawer from BEFORE I started on gabapentin. So they don't work together, good to know. I prefer gabapentin anyway, diazepam turns me zombie, I'm not much of a benzo fan anyway.
Btw Kratom is illegal in the UK as well.

That explains a lot. I thought the diazepam I had were bunk, but they weren't when I first got them, just the few left in a drawer from BEFORE I started on gabapentin. So they don't work together, good to know. I prefer gabapentin anyway, diazepam turns me zombie, I'm not much of a benzo fan anyway.
Btw Kratom is illegal in the UK as well.

No they dont work together at all. Ugh, unfortunately I had to find that out the hard way by wasting so many but at least now I know it's a fact, but yeah mate your Diazepam are likely fine.
They're actually my preferred benzo as they wipe my anxiety clean away and I usually dont have to take any the next day either. I love that little rush of relief that washes over me as my anxiety dissipates and they start to kick in. A nice cuppa on top and oh man, I'm good to go. Or stay put.

I don't mind Xanax either but Diazepam would definitely be my first choice. Havent seen Xanax on the streets around here in a while, though I expect thats due to me deleting a lot of my contacts a few months ago due to the same people also selling H, which I was trying desperately to stay away from.

What I cannot stand are Zimmovane or Zopiclone/Zolpidem (or any of the Z-type drugs, which arent even Benzos now that I recall). In a pinch I'll buy some as they'll work for my anxiety, but they feel odd and I cant bare that metallic taste they leave in the back of your throat. Yuck.

Okay I'm a very spectacle person and I ordered a 300ct bottle online for 20 beans and it arrived right when I started feeling sick from fentanyl analogues and brorphine and 0 dope in these bags here uptown..anyway so yeah tolerance is 3 baby's a day... Baby=bunny (just some insight on the lingo up here) also these bags are fat ..

So I took 5grams of kratom ...
With 2400mg of gabapentin... My rx is 3200 daily and these don't do shit for me

20 mins later parachuted 1 gram of black corn pepper (the one that you grind to come out the bottle)

2 mins later in fear of stomach problems I took 20 2 mg loperamide.. (40)

8 mins later took 20mg more of loperamide

Now 60mg total

40mins later not only was my wd gone.. I was chilling hardbody felt like tramadol 600mg worth.. (know that cause I started to do my opiode stretching which only happens when I take tramadol that induces my "enrgetic euphoria" then felt warm ... and really good muscle relaxing effect. So I Decided to take 10 more lopes (20mg)

Now 80mg total

3 hrs later took 2 .2mg clonodines

Felt good till the next morning where I felt normal and relapsed cause I felt a found out the cheat code... Hope after these bags I got I can leave all this shit alone.

(4-hrs after intake was the strongest till I fell asleep btw.) Prolly nodded out.

Wow crazy this is no life I been a doing this for 35 years wasted of my life
Dude, don't beat yourself up. I have been at it for almost 20 years now. I have 8 days clean, but I know I'm just waiting for the wo(man) to re-up. Its fucked up and I hate myself more than anyone else

could ever make me feel. But that dope is like an antidepressant for me and I am a functioning addict which makes it worse. I go completely unnoticed. What's meant to be yours, is already making its

way to you. Hang in there

How did u fracture 5 ribs if u dont mind me asking
i fractured my skull once, still have a big dent on the top of my head but it never hurt. I got into opiates when my mom kicked me in the spine on purpose
that is extremely sad and unfortunate for you. Jesus Christ.

Use dissociatives (like DXM, Memantine). There is some nice weird receptor interaction which modulates a benign withdrawal.

First my survival list a detailed explanation and details ls of how I have utilized my list follows:

1. Kratom ( red or yellow) I use red Sumatra for the moment. Find the dose that takes away your withdrawals and stay there if you want to rebuild your life through maintenance or taper if you want to just detox. key don’t up the dose! I think that is how people get in trouble and fall into addictive behavior.

if you can’t get kratom for whatever reason.

2. loperamide and plain DXM cough medicine. I used to take what it says on the box for DXM and up to 20mgs ( 10 pills) of loperamide once a day. Then taper the loperamide after the first week.

3. A good laxative to keep what is the main side effects of loperamide for you from getting scary.

I usually always preceded my loperamide dose with milk of magnesia. The upside was that the milk of magnesia made my family think I had a stomach bug and they didn’t question my loperamide use.

4.Dramamine for sleeping. Before I knew about loperamide I was able to get 6 hours of sleep while going through cold turkey withdrawals from 6 10/325 Percocet a day. Only took Dramamine that time and I could still sleep.

5. grapefruit juice and lots of your favorite sports drink. Not together just be drinking a lot of fluids. The grapefruit juice will help the loperamide work and other fluids help clean out your system and possibly shorten withdrawals a little bit
6. Nicotinamide. There’s evidence that massive amounts of it through IV can be a treatment option by itself.( I will try and post the articles that say that and link to the video I saw later).
So I figure since my body makes it anyway I might as well take it orally. Niacin which is very closely related chemically doesn’t seem to help me

7. Crackers: that first time with just Dramamine I lived on crackers and sports drink for 4 days. Liters and liters of sports drink. By day 6 I was well enough to go to something for school without people asking if I was ill. My experience is that eating can slightly heighten withdrawals temporarily. So I drink a huge amount of fluids and eat as little as I can and crackers are a good option.

8. video games, music movies all your favorite ones.
distraction is the key here. No offense to anyone who says exercise is good for withdrawals but if I am kicking cold turkey the only exercise I feel up to is running to the bathroom in between sport drink.
A
2-8 are my without kratom withdrawals survival list.

However, i recommend kratom big time I have been on it for a few years on and off was doing that switch thing when I would run out early of Rx.

Since last September however, I have been on kratom only and I have noticed I have less withdrawals in between doses if I wait too long ( I hardly ever have sneezing fits now). I have been on the same dose for 3 years but the frequency goes up and down between 2 to 6 times a day I have chronic hip pain legitimately so I dose more frequently if it’s a bad day.
My point is that based only on my experience I think one can actually get receptors to “ heal” or whatever with kratom only over a longish time. Like the people at the methadone clinic said that methadone would do.

I don’t think methadone does that but kratom is seeming to for me. I have a hunch that it is key not to up your dose though.

Also, I put in hot chocolate or hot milk. It’s disgusting so I frequently don’t finish it. II notice the WDs fading I don’t finish it unless I need more for pain control.

With kratom, the only thing I still take from my list is NAD. So that could be part of the lessening of withdrawals too.

By the way, one week last month my kratom was delayed. So I switched to loperamide and found I only needed 5 pills to start rather than 8 or 10.

So that added to my feeling that maybe kratom or NAD or both is helping to lessen my bodyWhen I used to use items 2 through 8 of my list, the only one I took more of than the box says was loperamide’s dependence on opiates.
i know anecdotal evidence is not really evidence except maybe It highlights things that might be worth investing. . But still I can only observe my experience. Bible college ( where I am in life) does not lend itself to suggesting or doing clinical research.

When I used to use items 2 through 8 of my list, the only one I took more of than the box says was loperamide.

If you decide to use kratom or loperamide for maintenance and you would be interested in attending virtual support meeting. Please let me know. I am thinking of starting alternative opiate maintenance anonymous meetings. I don’t like the 12 step model though.

So, it might not follow that format. The point is more anonymous support group. Not sure how it would look on the ground yet. Sorry this so long.

I forgot good hypnosis recordings can help with distraction and sleep, Dan Jones is, in my opinion, one of top 3 hypnotist on YouTube, if not the best outright.
I know of one other excellent hypnotist but his stuff is only for sell on his website and when I mentioned him by name before people wrongly accused me of getting kickbacks.

I don’t even know him personally. He is in China and I am in California but I learned only mention names if it’s free stuff. This nameless person is actually better than Dan Jones I think, he has had more experience and teaches hypnosis classes online and in person I think. So if you want more information about him feel free to PM me.

I hope you find something useful ln this post. Good luck
What is NAD that you keep referencing??

What is NAD that you keep referencing??
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide IV therapy, is an infusion with a coenzyme which is meant to stimulate cell growth and repair. It is said to speed up body recovery, have anti-aging effects, assist with neuroplasticity, and basically is just generally awesome.

Any possibility of using that intranasal? Or can you get this therapy from a doctor? I don't do needles myself.

Yep, you can get it as an intranasal spray.

Never heard of this stuff until now, seems like it may be useful for those who’ve undergone chemo (chemical TBI) so may have to give it a go…

Problem is there are so many substances out there with supposed magical properties that I often feel overwhelmed on which ones to pursue.

-GC

How do y'all usually feel by day 4? I'm taking ktatom, only 48 hours in, it's mainly fatigue and aches and insomnia. Which all in all is not that bad. Just taking magnesium and ktatom, took 2 walks and I'm living in the tub. I have to work Friday, wondering how fucked I'll be

How do y'all usually feel by day 4? I'm taking ktatom, only 48 hours in, it's mainly fatigue and aches and insomnia. Which all in all is not that bad. Just taking magnesium and ktatom, took 2 walks and I'm living in the tub. I have to work Friday, wondering how fucked I'll be
Are you on day 4 or is day 4 Friday?

Well that kinda depends on what day of the month it is...because that's how I determine who to start calling.

If I've already let the anticipation get the best of me it becomes a lot harder. Once that's really kicked into overdrive it becomes all about the chase of the dragon. Someone else takes over the wheel. I am just the prisoner along for the ride. My control becomes limited in a way thats hard to explain. It's a lot like a dream. Everyone knows what having a dream feels like. You know that it's just a dream. You know all you gotta do to escape is wake up. You try to wake yourself up. YOURE ALWAYS TRYING TO WAKE YOURSELF UP. You just can't. But this isnt just a regular dream....its a living nightmare....because time is always running out so you always gotta hurry....somethings chasing you.. If it ever catches up with you...its over.

Addiction is insidious. Once you've developed that kind of appetite it's never fully satisfied. And you may tame the hunger but you'll never fully quench that thirst.

Well that kinda depends on what day of the month it is...because that's how I determine who to start calling.

If I've already let the anticipation get the best of me it becomes a lot harder. Once that's really kicked into overdrive it becomes all about the chase of the dragon. Someone else takes over the wheel. I am just the prisoner along for the ride. My control becomes limited in a way thats hard to explain. It's a lot like a dream. Everyone knows what having a dream feels like. You know that it's just a dream. You know all you gotta do to escape is wake up. You try to wake yourself up. YOURE ALWAYS TRYING TO WAKE YOURSELF UP. You just can't. But this isnt just a regular dream....its a living nightmare....because time is always running out so you always gotta hurry....somethings chasing you.. If it ever catches up with you...its over.

Addiction is insidious. Once you've developed that kind of appetite it's never fully satisfied. And you may tame the hunger but you'll never fully quench that thirst.
Thank you for this!
Its great and So True!
That Truth does Hurt

I usually don't know that it's just a dream when I'm dreaming, I wish I could just wake myself up. Are you having lucid dreams?

The mindset indeed makes a huge difference with withdrawals, I was too anxious to get off opiates for a long time, not even trying to check what would really await me. And when I got first signs of withdrawal I'd go panic mode and take whatever I had around. Only once when I was sick I didn't go pick up my pulls for two or three days and became hugely lethargic but little compared to what opioid withdrawal can do. In the end I kicked with dissociatives but am not completely certain that I really needed them.