• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Found a bottle of Quaaludes from 1979! are they safe to take???

If they've been stored in a cool (or room temperature) place away from sunlight they should have most of their potency. Are they the 300mg Quaalude brand?

I'm a bit jealous, didn't all the rock stars and stuff take those? =D

I'm sure they're safe to take, might not have all of their potency though.

IDK the milligram they say Rofer 714, white round pills. I found them in the drawers under my grandmas sink getting a new tube of toothpaste. I took 2 see what happens.

feel like getting some disco pants on and an afro wig and go out onthese bad boys lol

Last edited by a moderator:
feel like getting some disco pants on and an afro wig and go out onthese bad boys lol

Nah you should go all Jimmy Page on their ass, he actually had a t-shirt that said Quaaludes on it, I mean...:p

Well Quaaludes are not "safe" to take, but I assume what you meant is would taking a Quaalude from 1979 be any less safe simply because of it being expired? I don't think so, as far as I know they don't degrade into anything harmful (most drugs don't but there are a few exceptions like Suboxone) and should be ok if they've been stored in a dry, cool, dark place. They might have lost some potency though.

Dude report back on the experience. I've always wondered what seperates the euphoria of 'ludes from benzos or opiates.

Dude report back on the experience. I've always wondered what seperates the euphoria of 'ludes from benzos or opiates.

I was prescribed Quaalude for insomnia in 1980 and 1981. I bought a lot from dealers till '83 when they went out. I never experienced euphoria from them rather a loss of motor skills and inhibition. It's kinda like your mind is watching your body do stupid things. They were fun but I didn't care to drive on them. I would compare them to barbiturates like Seconal,Tuinal or drinking alcohol without the nausea or hangover. There is not a benzo I could compare them too....maybe Halcion without the strange side effects of high dose Halcion use. Not comparable to any opiate.

So mostly like alcohol? Interesting....I thought they would be pretty similar to benzos.

Ok these did seem to effect me, Idk how less potent they are cause of the drastic years in between, but it was like a xanax feeling but with more of a drunk feel, more wobbly on your feet, I can tell drinkin on these things would turn you into a degenrate animal.

Talk about a "blast from the past"! Those are straight up "antiques" my friend. I will warn you that tolerance with those little things is FAST, so beware. Enjoy!

Welll completely backed out on those Ludes last night, dont know how I got home,but I woke up fully clothed with a quarter oz of weed I dont know how I got, all over my chest. I got paper wrist bands from bars so I now I went out...wtf

Ive blacked out on Xanax before but with those things you at least remember the main details. My friend said I literally got physically tossed from a bar because I was kept calling the bartender Magilla, and demanding a Mojo which is a drink that doesnt exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Be careful, if you're blacking out then it sounds like you're coming very close to overdosing, which can be fatal. Definitely don't mix them with any other downers at all (alcohol, benzos, opioids). It sounds like along with benzos and barbituates they cause significant amnesia and judgement failure, which is just asking to overdose..

Please don't take them while drinking again!

Stay safe <3

yeah Im not touching them again, unless I like got the flu and ill take one or 2 and not drink. I can see why they took these off the market, I cant picture anybody functioning on these things.

For the record, folks CAN function on them. I did it all the time but obviously, and the word moderation comes to mind again, you can't go gonzo on anything or you'll find yourself in trouble very fast. Please use some common sense if you ever do those again. On the practical side, you probably took enough to have a nice buzz for 2 or 3 sessions. Take it easy.