• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Functioning meth addicts let's talk

Rick_Johnson

Bluelighter
Hello my highly functional meth friends. I just wanted to say hi!

I haven't been functional that long 2 months or so.. always got that Ice up in the cupboard. I work a standard 9-5 mill job. Weekends off. Now I was no big syde guy before this I had acluple month long binges so I'm no stranger eaither. My ex got me into the shit then left me. Is what it is. but ya I just kinda wanna have an open discussion about being functional on the speed demon. I need more sleep in my schedule. That's the only really thing I'm lacking.. I have a huge apitite on this stuff. I could eat forever. I do the water all right as well. I forget some times. I'm only human tho, With a freezer for a head, that's filled with ice.

Let me tell you something Tho.
Like I'm around oh let's say 27 years old. I spent 8 years a filthy fucking drunk and I mean like bad decisions all the time. Regret shame disgust. Heavy depression from those feelings. Everything that goes along with alcohol addiction. Like booze is bad. Real bad. Not saying meth is any better but I mean I'm showing up to work everyday with a smile on my face. Doing well at my job. Saving money. Getting things done that need to be done. If I was boozing I wouldn't give a fuck. It's a different addiction. This one is numbing me while I'm sober. Well... Feel sober at least. I never crave booze anymore. I CRAVE this tho holy. My mind wants it. My body and head need it. I don't know when I'm going to get off... Helps me not think about some things. Makes me actually not feel for anything that's going to bring me down. It's weird. I know it's really bad. 1 more ball I keep telling myself. Anyways I'll start there.

I wanna here about your daily routine the things you gotta do while high the situations that your constantly in because of the dope. The people you hide the dope from. fuck just unload and make a fellow speedracer friend on the line

Thank-you and goodmorning. Or goodnight whichever one your on :)

so not that im replying properly to this - but like how you were saying....so this girl that's really close to me was drinking everyday for years and it was getting worse and worse with time, well she picked up a meth habit during her drinking habit, and quit the drinking just like that....and then eventually the wheels started to fall off from doing meth pretty much everyday for 3 years, so she ended up quitting that and now she doesn't do anything anymore

so her meth habit cured her drinking habit and she said it was a lot easier to quit meth than drinking

maybe you're on that path

but dude - i'll tell ya right now, if you're working with me, and you're tweekin, i'll know :cool:

Hey @Rick_Johnson. We don’t get a lot of long term highly functional daily meth users on BL. We do have plenty of plenty of people though that use it occasionally or sporadically or in short bursts and then take a break. In my experience, the first time I got into it I used it daily for about 6 months and became pretty dysfunctional but I wasn’t working at the time and was single so survived ok without any real damage in my life. Just a lot of at-home craziness.

When I started again after a 5 year break I made sure never to go more than 48 hours without a break for a few days and to never go more than a month or so without taking a week or so off. I work from home mostly so I never have to worry about @Mr. Krinkle noticing me at work, but I know I could not pass day-in day-out amongst a group of people without them wondering if something was up with me.

One of the things about meth is it’s slowly degenerative as you build up tolerance. You don’t notice your own changes because they happen pretty slowly but other people can. Not so much that you are as high a fuck, but changes in your demeanour, emotions, physical appearance, concentration, memory etc. Plus all the while that is happening it’s not giving you the same effect for the same dose so you keep taking more. If I take a few months off I can get high as fuck off 1 or 2 points when I re-start but a month later I’m doing a gram a day for minimal effect.

I’m not trying to say anything negative about it since I use it myself, but having watched numerous (dozens maybe) of people come to BL and talk ‘functional meth use’ and then go down in flames I am reminded that one of the things meth fucks with is your self-awareness and capacity for self-reflection.

2 months is not very long at all, you're most likely in the honeymoon phase.

I've been using it on/off since around ~2017. I'm a big fan of drugs so I don't completely trust myself when it comes to judging my own functionality while on them, I'm clearly biased lol. But I think I'm doing alright compared to my peers (whether they're drug users or not).
I'm aware I need to work on changing my unhealthy habits but I also have a number of nice things going on in my life.
At this point I think meth has had a net positive impact on my life, but it's not hugely positive, just slightly. The risk-benefit ratio is not very good though, I wouldn't recommend it.
I also have made an effort to prevent my tolerance from getting too high, I try to stay under 100mg/day (usually under 50mg to be completely honest).

I CRAVE this tho holy. My mind wants it. My body and head need it. I don't know when I'm going to get off... Helps me not think about some things. Makes me actually not feel for anything that's going to bring me down. It's weird. I know it's really bad.

Be very careful, things could easily take an unexpected wrong turn.
Meth can be highly habit forming as it's a very effective stimulant, it has tremendous mood (and libido) boosting effects and will enhance mosts aspects of your life, at least in the beginning.

May I ask what kind of doses are you taking?
If after 2 months you're at a point where an 8th ball doesn't last long then you're probably doing way too much. Taking very high doses everyday is going to have a much worse impact on your neurochemistry.

months is not very long at all, you're most likely in the honeymoon phase.
Absolutely at the honey moon phase, no if ands or buts about that. Still able do life to a degree. It's really just the start. But I am loving it while it's here. Things aren't so stressful anymore. At least when I'm on it. Which I always am.
May I ask what kind of doses are you taking?
If after 2 months you're at a point where an 8th ball doesn't last long then you're probably doing way too much. Taking very high doses everyday is going to have a much worse impact on your neurochemistry
And I didn't mean 1 more ball like I'm smoking balls a day lol that would be crazy. I was coming close to that on the last meth adventure. That was the worst time of my life almost died went into a major pycosis but thats a long story and one I don't really much care to take the time to remember.

THIS TIME around I'm regulated somewhat. Like I have a full time job as I said previously. I have a schedule that I try and manage. Been shitting the bed last week though getting high after work and then not getting any sleep before work the next day and then follow that 2 days with a heavy crash . But my daily life is as follows Monday I wake up for work, roll a bowl first thing. Like coffee. As a matter of fact I dont drink coffee anymore. So ya depending if I woke up early or not I'll do some shit around the house. Then as I get my work shit together I have a couple hoots and then the pipe and dope stay at home. I don't bring it to work. I make it threw the day all good no cravings just for the fact that I know it's at home waiting. So then I get home blaze up. Do some cleaning write music write poems journal entry almost daily. All of this is going to be documented. I do a lot of this blue light now. Anyways then I have a couple more hoots. And after work hoots are always much more than morning time. Morning is just to wake up and preform with out being to obvious at work.

I think I smoke very little. I know I do on the weekdays. I don't have scale rn but you know it's not a lot. To put how much into perspective this ball will last me most of this 2 weeks if not the entire thing. Like I think that's pretty acceptable. The weekends when I have no responsibility tho. Those are going to be tuff as fuck. I know me and I Don't have any control when I don't have things to do... Like I've been up for a bitt now managed to get a wink of sleep. But eyes are playing tricks and voices are here and getting louder. I know all I need is some decent sleep and they'll go away it's just hard without and sleep aid. I used to just take Zane's but I can't because I don't know anybody here. But ya I just gotta work on my sleep to get things in order. Thanks for the reply. I will update this thread as time goes on . We will see if the ball will hold up to the test of RICK JOHNSON lol

@Perforated

Don't think I didn't read yours either I'll reply I just got a tired head on my shoulders might try and lay down for a bit I'll get at you next time I'm on. Thank-you for your reply

@Mr. Krinkle

Same to you my friend. It's just been a long day thanks for the reply. I'm going to keep this thread up to date and reply often. Was going to blog it but apparently I can not because I'm a greenlighter. Everyone's gotta serve their time. So one day. But untill then I gotchu guys. Any and all recommendations are welcome if you think I'm doing something wrong voice it if you think I need something else in the picture to make it better voice it. Only thing I ask is that no one tell me that I should stop that I could do better because all that is known it's just not the time for it. One day I'll ask for help but that day isn't near. Thanks for the replies guys.

If anybody is into music and wants to take a step into my life check these out in the order displayed
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Godmode --- Ryan caraveo (bassy)
S.o.s --- the glorious sons (switch oxycotin with crystal meth in the chorus) ((rock))
This is the best --- USS ( bassy)
I can't stop drinking about you ---Ryan Oakes ( bassy )

if any of your music comes close to this show me please!

Anything more than perhaps 50-
70mg/day of meth is a bad idea in the long term, not sustainable and toxic.

Interesting though, another example of the anti-alcohol effects of methamphetamine. It's almost certainly the serotonergic properties of meth that causes this, because I never feel anything similar with large doses of regular amphetamine. Ive never been a daily meth user, but once after smoking ~1200mg of meth through the course of an evening I had a serotonin fueled realization that I needed to stop drinking. Not only stop drinking, but stop drinking that night. I was with a friend and i told him I was quiting that night, and then he laughed because he knew how heavy of a drinker I was. Weirdly enough I did, I didnt drink a drop of alcohol for 2 and half years after that night.

In any event meth is pretty toxic to a good degree because of the very reason that caused me to have that realization: serotonin release.

Its all about dose however. Methamphetamine isn't particularly toxic at low doses. Sort of similar to dextroamphetamine. Methamphetamine is not particularly serotonergic at low doses but at recreational doses it becomes clearly serotonergic.

The calming effects of the serotonin release then allow one to escalate the dose at which point the dopaminergic damage occurs. I can't imagine tolerating 1200mg of dextroamphetamine in an evening as easily as 1200mg of meth.

In any event a functional meth user quickly becomes a dysfunctional one upon dose escalation.

Last edited:
I had the same cessation of all alcohol once I started taking dexamfetamine. It just felt repugnant to me. I’ve barely had a drink in several years.

Thats interesting, I've started on dextroamphetamine recently at generally 30-50mg a day for the past few months and haven't noticed any anti-alcohol effect (and in some regards increased intake). The anti-alcohol effect i experienced from that meth binge years ago seemed almost seemed more MDMA in character in terms of a reflective self dialogue, "man you need to stop drinking tonight, it's doing you harm" etc.

While I don't drink any less after starting (mostly therapeutic doses of) dextroamphetamine I do notice a decreased alcohol tolerance . My girlfriend says, "hey you seem pretty sober for 11pm" 😂

If I take 60mg at say 9am I'll essentially feel it all day, yet manage to sleep fine. But most people will sleep fine after 4g of phenibut.

Thats interesting, I've started on dextroamphetamine recently at generally 30-50mg a day for the past few months and haven't noticed any anti-alcohol effect (and in some regards increased intake). The anti-alcohol effect i experienced from that meth binge years ago seemed almost seemed more MDMA in character in terms of a reflective self dialogue, "man you need to stop drinking tonight, it's doing you harm" etc.

While I don't drink any less after starting (mostly therapeutic doses of) dextroamphetamine I do notice a decreased alcohol tolerance . My girlfriend says, "hey you seem pretty sober for 11pm" 😂

If I take 60mg at say 9am I'll essentially feel it all day, yet manage to sleep fine. But most people will sleep fine after 4g of phenibut.
I did have a 6 month meth binge immediately before I went on to dex. I didn’t drink on that period either. But on the dex I did also take anti-psychotics (Abilify) so there may have been confounding factors. Cetainly in the last two years I have had long periods where I only took meth and nothing else and have had no desire to drink. And I was a heavy drinker for years.

I also cut back on my alcohol consumption, I rarely get drunk nowadays. It might be related to my meth/amphetamine consumption but I think kratom had a much bigger impact. Both of those drugs killed my enjoyment of alcohol, that's for sure.

I think I smoke very little. I know I do on the weekdays. I don't have scale rn but you know it's not a lot. To put how much into perspective this ball will last me most of this 2 weeks if not the entire thing. Like I think that's pretty acceptable. The weekends when I have no responsibility tho. Those are going to be tuff as fuck. I know me and I Don't have any control when I don't have things to do... Like I've been up for a bitt now managed to get a wink of sleep. But eyes are playing tricks and voices are here and getting louder.
You're averaging more than 1/4 gram a day, it may not be a huge dose but it's definitely not a low one either. It's also quite common for users to start taking more and more once they're out of the honeymoon phase.

I know this was posted in drug culture but you asked about sustainable meth use so I have to be 100% honest, I'm seeing many huge red flags here... At this moment I get the impression that the odds are stacked against you, you seem to be prone to psychosis and are already experiencing auditory hallucinations again, this is not a good sign.
You're free to live your life on your own terms as far as I'm concerned, but you may want to consider adjusting your current use pattern or possibly taking a break.

Last edited:
previously. I have a schedule that I try and manage. Been shitting the bed last week though getting high after work and then not getting any sleep before work the next day and then follow that 2 days with a heavy crash .
If that's what you call being functional, What's the definition of being messed up.

Also, you're correct in saying that being an alcoholic is THE worst

If that's what you call being functional, What's the definition of being messed up.

Also, you're correct in saying that being an alcoholic is THE worst
Well it's not the best functional. But I mean I can live with it. The definition of being messed up for me is not working, not eating, not sleeping for 5 days at a time, and siding with the other option of be the guy that deals to live. Don't ever want to do that again.

FUCK ALCOHOL. That shit makes people who they are not. So does speed. But your waaaaay more you then if you drank a bottle to your self. Anybody that has done both can agree.

I love booze so much. I know it's bad but I like the glory of being one. Drinking all the time staying up all night and partying then going to work like a man the next day. Seriously tho I made such life changing bad choices with the liqueur. Then sober I hated myself for making those choices.

Anyways. Thanks for dropping in.

so her meth habit cured her drinking habit and she said it was a lot easier to quit meth than drinking

maybe you're on that path

but dude - i'll tell ya right now, if you're working with me, and you're tweekin, i'll know :cool:

Maybe on that path yes but everytime I come close to the come down all I want is a drink. The only reason I come close is because I haven't found a solid connection from where I'm at. But if i can't get the crystal I want to make the trip to the liquid store. I don't even much look to booze anymore to numb myself. Booze just makes me feel sick now like while I'm drinking it. I dunno. This whole meth thing put a wheel in my sprocket.

As for the work thing. I started this job high so everyone just thinks I'm the way I am. What a hard truth it's going to be when they see me when I enter the atmosphere again.

are we all talking the same compound here.

I mean is a point really a point ?

all I hear on here is meth is cut to the shit house and well

when ive had it all I needed was 20mg to be able to work all day without sleep.

after daily use for about 4 months with weekends off my dose went to 30mg.

maybe its a dosage thing and when you go higher dose it screws your head more

so you get a tolerance quicker.

not being a big meth head I just don't know but I have a funny feeling that a lot of the meth

being used is of varying purity.

Hey @Rick_Johnson. We don’t get a lot of long term highly functional daily meth users on BL.
We'll the names Rick Johnson and I'll be here for good time at least. Thanks for being here my man to lend a ear to my choas
BL and talk ‘functional meth use’ and then go down in flames
Well at least I'll know I got you guys when I'm on the other side of the mountain. Be sticking to one section of the site for a while when I do step off the roller coaster.

I have a funny feeling that a lot of the meth

being used is of varying

The Prince has spoken!

Ya man for sure it varies. Sometimes I get this real shit dope. And I know it's shit because I'll take a few hits then BOOM instant paranoia. It's crazy. I don't know what it is but I fucking hate it. I had it enough times to know what the shit looks like and tastes like. If I see it I won't smoke it. BAD SHIT. This stuff that I recently got tho. Best of the best. It's wicked. Payed the heavy price of " premo" and actually got PREMO was very satisfied. If I get same stuff I tip the guy next time.

But ya fuck dirty meth.

Cya around prince.

Rick Johnson

I used to smoke pot and get drunk daily. Like a 12 pack after work with a gram or two and I'd be fine. Dad started giving me free bags of meth cause he sells to keep dope whores sucking his cock, and I started to use meth daily. Immediately I lost all desire to smoke pot and get drunk at all, and became more physically active and focused on my eating 4-5 meals a day to supplement the additional activity.

Now I will only smoke pot occasionally if it's free, and I use around a gram of meth a day. On days when I bang it IV I make 2-3 separate injections spread throughout the day, between .3-.5g each. I can't get high banging less or at least I don't feel the rush. It's so cheap for me though money isn't really a factor. When im broke I've gotten 5g for free and when I buy it 8balls are $75 so it's been my drug of choice. Nothing I've done in the past has had as many positives as this has

I used to smoke pot and get drunk daily. Like a 12 pack after work with a gram or two and I'd be fine. Dad started giving me free bags of meth cause he sells to keep dope whores sucking his cock, and I started to use meth daily. Immediately I lost all desire to smoke pot and get drunk at all, and became more physically active and focused on my eating 4-5 meals a day to supplement the additional activity.

Now I will only smoke pot occasionally if it's free, and I use around a gram of meth a day. On days when I bang it IV I make 2-3 separate injections spread throughout the day, between .3-.5g each. I can't get high banging less or at least I don't feel the rush. It's so cheap for me though money isn't really a factor. When im broke I've gotten 5g for free and when I buy it 8balls are $75 so it's been my drug of choice. Nothing I've done in the past has had as many positives as this has
Honeymoon. It'll be the exact opposite pretty soon with that dosage for certain