• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Dosing

Adequate Ship Captain

Bluelighter
I tried 600mg every 45 mins for 2 or 3 hours and don't get as strong of a high from just taking 2400mg all at once, am I missing something? I want to be really fricken high by time it kicks in, like unable to drive kind of high. I can't get any aleve currently to increase the absorption but are there any other ways I should be doing it? I'm gonna try to wait at least 2 days in between each time I do this as well to keep my tolerance lowish.

I used to split the dose into 2 doses 1.5-2 hours apart.

Can't remember what the actual dose was but it was probably close to yours

The problem is you got the wrong drug. Gabapentin is for desperate teenagers. Even weed is better. Get help for your addiction, or at least abuse something that makes sense.

Dude no way, gabapentin is the shit. I've got 20 years of experience with all the drugs, and I love gabapentin. I mean it's not the kind of drug to get fucked up on, but it gives a really nice shine to your day. When I dose it right (300mg every 45 minutes), after a few hours I get the perma-grin and I want to talk to everyone about everything and I just feel really good.

Gabapentin is my favorite thing ever. It is perfect.

I take my whole dose at once. I've experimented with it, and I noticed if I redose after my first one, it does nothing else. I dont get any higher and it doesnt seem to last any longer. I know alot of people stagger their doses so there must be some out there that benefit from that, but I never did and I dont like wasting them.

You must must must take a break in between days because the tolerance builds up like in one day. So if you took 1200 mg one day, you would have to take 2400 mg the next day to feel it and you dont need to be taking crazy high doses. I read somewhere on here that your body can only absorb so much of it anyways at one time.

I've found myself increasing my dosage to use daily until I got to scary high amounts. Luckly nothing bad has ever happened from me taking gabapentin and I've been taking it for 10 plus years.

If you get capsules, you can open em up and dump them in an orange juice and chug it and the effects will come on faster. Otherwise it takes almost two hours to kick in.

Love those things. They are like a miracle pill.

I quite like gabapentin. I'm prescribed 600mg 3x / day however once I pick up my rx I usually binge on it the first week or so. I take anywhere from 6-12 of the 600mg tabs at a time and feel quite good from it. Mild euphoria, very sociable, positive attitude, motivated to get shit done. The problem comes when I run out - I try to save the last 10 pills to taper down from my binge, taking 3x first day, 2x second day, 2x third day the next day the 1x each day for the last 3 days.

I have gone through many withdrawals, many times for opiate and benzos - but I've been on subs for a couple years and stayed from abusing those classes of drugs. Gabapentin withdrawal can be very uncomfortable, but nowhere near as bad as full blown opiate or benzo withdrawals. The typical symptoms are runny nose, chills and sweats, dysphoria, lethargy and trouble sleeping. Like a tiny opiate WD. I find the same to be true for lyrica (pregabalin) Anyone else experienced this with either gabapentin or pregabalin?

You must must must take a break in between days because the tolerance builds up like in one day. So if you took 1200 mg one day, you would have to take 2400 mg the next day to feel it and you dont need to be taking crazy high doses. I read somewhere on here that your body can only absorb so much of it anyways at one time.

I've found myself increasing my dosage to use daily until I got to scary high amounts.

I've noticed this too. The first few days of taking it I feel great, but then I have to gradually increase my dose. After a week I feel barely anything from them. I need better willpower over this shit but its too tempting to take it when I have it.

Last edited:
@Project Will It is tempting to take them all, I know, I have a script, too. Mine are only 300 mg x2 a day. So, what I do is save them up and when I'm having a blah day, I take my gabapentin and then the day starts to get pretty amazing in about two hours. My go-to dose is 1200mg.

I never take them multiple days in a row. Not saying I didnt in the past though. Before I ever got a script, when I got my hands on them, I would take them almost every day. But I'd always be so disappointed on the days I didnt feel them. I hated wasting them. They were like gold to me lol. So now I have lots of self discipline when it comes to them.

I've never experienced a withdrawal from them, but I believe you. Maybe when you get your next script you can try spacing out your doses to every two or three days so you can feel them and so they will last you all month. :)

I mean, I have had some degenerate habits, so I try not to judge, but jeez, have you guys not tried benzos? Or for that matter, mdma, ketamine, weed? I come from the scene of opiate addicts. Gabapentin is commonly mega dosed for withdrawals and anxiety, I've never heard stories of anyone enjoying it. News to me. But then again, people take seroquel or trazadone and call it "high", guess I just dont get it

Gaba seems like one of those habits that's gonna be hell to come off of without any of the fun.

Haha, yes of course I've tried benzos. That's not the kind of buzz I prefer. I smoke weed all the time. I've never tried ketamine though.
A gabapentin high is very nice. It gradually comes on, and gradually fades away. It's a nice euphoria happy feeling. You love everything and everyone. Everything is enjoyable. Your mood is just great. I've had some of my happiest moments ever on it.

There is not one bad side effect to it. There is no comedown. Zero. Ever. There is literally not one negative thing I can say about it, except you cant feel it multiple days in a row, unless you increase your dose.

It makes you feel really good and happy. Not tired, not irritable. You dont forget shit. You dont do stupid stuff. It doesnt impair you or make you brave or have poor judgment. And it's not addictive like opiates or meth is.

Dont ditch it until you try.

And yeah, gabapentin is great for withdrawals and anxiety. Also, drug cravings, RLS, fibromyalgia, any kind of nerve pain, it's an under rated miracle pill lol.

I mean, I have had some degenerate habits, so I try not to judge, but jeez, have you guys not tried benzos? Or for that matter, mdma, ketamine, weed? I come from the scene of opiate addicts. Gabapentin is commonly mega dosed for withdrawals and anxiety, I've never heard stories of anyone enjoying it. News to me. But then again, people take seroquel or trazadone and call it "high", guess I just dont get it

Gaba seems like one of those habits that's gonna be hell to come off of without any of the fun.
I have a script for ativan but even when I've taken like 6mg of it, I didn't get a "high" or at least not one that I could notice. Not sure if it's just me but I never can really get high from ativan or xanax, it's mostly just sleepy for me. I don't have access to hard drugs either or weed unfortunately or I would be smoking xD Just trying to make do with what I have currently.

Have you gone through benzo withdrawals? Heroin withdrawals? I was taking upwards of 30mg Xanax or 300mg Valium or the equivalent in klonopin, midazolam (Versed), and some weird RC benzos like phenazepam or flu-bromazepam... And all that on top of 1g+ of iv heroin per day. The withdrawals were unspeakably horrible. The lifestyle was full of misery. Getting off that stuff might be the best choice I've ever made.

I don't get much euphoria from benzos anyway, and opiates are too addictive for me to do "just once." I am on suboxone and plan to stay on it long term.

After being a daily weed smoker from age 15 to 25 or so, I get nothing but anxiety from it anymore.

I absolutely love MDMA, mephadrone, methylone and any entactogen/empathogen but I stay away from that stuff now as I did plenty of it in my 20s. Same goes for hallucinogens. I used to "assemble" DMT and would smoke it heavily on regular occasions, especially mixing it with MDMA, NO2, GHB and whatnot. I did all the basics like LSD, shrooms, mescaline as well as many of the Shulgin chemicals (God rest his soul) like 2c-i, 2c-b, 2c-e and their ilk including 2c-t7 and such... On the rare occasion I'll still take a trip, but once or twice a year at most.

I quite like ketamine, methoxetamine, pcp, GHB and GBL. But as I mentioned earlier, I did enough of that in my 20s to last a lifetime.

Stimulants like basic amphetamine, meth and many of the cathinones, MDPV... I got very deep in all the weird RCs or "bath salts" but the comedown from stimulants was always extremely unpleasant and required massive doses of alcohol or downers. Ambien and muscle relaxers (Carisoprodol aka Somas) were great fun but I quite often ended up blacking out on ambien and doing regrettable things.

The thing about gabapentin is its fairly mild, helps me with motivation, helps me enjoy socializing and gives a nice sense of well being. It won't blast me into a worm hole like ketamine or turn me into a euphoric puddle like MDMA but thats not what I'm looking for anymore.

It is somewhere just above nicotine or caffeine in its effects, and I quite like it. It may not be for everyone, but it most certainly provides what I'm looking for.

^Sounds like you’re keeping tabs on things pretty well, but still, try and be careful like pinkbeam said. At the very least, take a day off every third day.

Because, after a while, the withdrawal does become super insane; maybe like mild opiate withdrawal, sure, but with extreme anxiety and a sense of dread that makes benzo withdrawal seem less tortuous (perhaps not as intense, but when it’s bad, it feels like you’re completely powerless, and the weakness is unspeakable...with benzos, at least you get adrenaline rushes that can help mentally overcome the feeling to a degree).

The good news is that if you decrease by like 1/10th of a capsule (you can pour a little out) each dose, the withdrawals are minimal and become almost non-existant at lower doses. Took me years to figure that out though, lol.

^Sounds like you’re keeping tabs on things pretty well, but still, try and be careful like pinkbeam said. At the very least, take a day off every third day.

Because, after a while, the withdrawal does become super insane; maybe like mild opiate withdrawal, sure, but with extreme anxiety and a sense of dread that makes benzo withdrawal seem less tortuous (perhaps not as intense, but when it’s bad, it feels like you’re completely powerless, and the weakness is unspeakable...with benzos, at least you get adrenaline rushes that can help mentally overcome the feeling to a degree).

The good news is that if you decrease by like 1/10th of a capsule (you can pour a little out) each dose, the withdrawals are minimal and become almost non-existant at lower doses. Took me years to figure that out though, lol.

I just got my rx today, will try my hardest to skip a day each time I take it. Or at the very least skip it after every 2 days. No joke on the withdrawals. I've stopped cold turkey after taking 14+ 600mg tabs a day and it was extremely unpleasant. Horrible sweats/chills, depression and anxiety. Not as debilitating as heroin or benzo withdrawal but a solid 4 or 5 days of feeling awful. I'm a chef, and working the line during withdrawals is hell.

I've done this same thing with lyrica, which a like quite a bit more. Hoping to get my hands on some of that soon.

I'll report back and let you all know how it goes. I took 10x 600mg gabapentin today and feel quite good, will try just taking 2 or 3 600mgs tomorrow.

Have you gone through benzo withdrawals? Heroin withdrawals? I was taking upwards of 30mg Xanax or 300mg Valium or the equivalent in klonopin, midazolam (Versed), and some weird RC benzos like phenazepam or flu-bromazepam... And all that on top of 1g+ of iv heroin per day. The withdrawals were unspeakably horrible. The lifestyle was full of misery. Getting off that stuff might be the best choice I've ever made.

The thing about gabapentin is its fairly mild, helps me with motivation, helps me enjoy socializing and gives a nice sense of well being. It won't blast me into a worm hole like ketamine or turn me into a euphoric puddle like MDMA but thats not what I'm looking for anymore.

It is somewhere just above nicotine or caffeine in its effects, and I quite like it. It may not be for everyone, but it most certainly provides what I'm looking for.

Oh yeah, I've had heavy habits of just about everything. At my worst 120-240mg methadone, 30-45mg IV etizolam, and a couple of grams of MXE IV every day. It ended poorly

I have read many stories about people trying to abuse gabapentin ending up with similar endings. There are definitely some bad ones here on BL of people who started mega dosing and never looked back.

I take gabapentin every day. It just never does anything for me beyond softening rough emotional edges. Very boring and medical. I think you got to the heart of it in the last paragraph or two, I just dont like to have to take a quiet moment to listen to my brain and body to tell if I'm even high. If I'm on something, I wanna know. I like to either be out in life, doing stuff at full intensity, or at home, relaxing so hard I cant move. Not so much in the middle ground. Different strokes, I guess

LoL 300mg is too much for me, i got switched to 100mg , i could not imagine taking 1000s

LoL 300mg is too much for me, i got switched to 100mg , i could not imagine taking 1000s
i haven't ever taken gabapentin. I had got it prescribed for pain if needed also. Does it have other side effects beside helping with pain if needed. Does the first dose cause severe drowsiness or brain effects ! ? thnx

^ Also would you consider it stronger than hydroxyzine as far as causing sleep.

edit: Hydroxyzine makes me feel like I drank a whole bottle of wine. ( Not fun. )

Honestly, I just don't trust it for some reason. The hydroxyzine was so disgusting and couldn't take more after trying it less than 5 times.
Not sure,if I will ever be able to deal with it unless I go through vicodin withdrawal ever again which I highly doubt but If I do I know there would be a great chance of
the gabapentin actually helping out somehow then !!

i haven't ever taken gabapentin. I had got it prescribed for pain if needed also. Does it have other side effects beside helping with pain if needed. Does the first dose cause severe drowsiness or brain effects ! ? thnx
Besides pain, it's good for drug withdrawal, mild anxiety, and RLS.
What dose you talking about taking? Drowsiness, no. By brain effects do you mean a head change? Yes. A good head change. Very mild and happy.
^ Also would you consider it stronger than hydroxyzine as far as causing sleep.

edit: Hydroxyzine makes me feel like I drank a whole bottle of wine. ( Not fun. )
No hydroxyzine is much stronger when it comes to going to sleep.