• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Dosing

I mean, I have had some degenerate habits, so I try not to judge, but jeez, have you guys not tried benzos? Or for that matter, mdma, ketamine, weed? I come from the scene of opiate addicts. Gabapentin is commonly mega dosed for withdrawals and anxiety, I've never heard stories of anyone enjoying it. News to me. But then again, people take seroquel or trazadone and call it "high", guess I just dont get it

Gaba seems like one of those habits that's gonna be hell to come off of without any of the fun.

You apparently don't get much from gabapentin, but please stop insinuating that anyone who enjoys them is drug naïve. I find gabapentin WAY more recreational than benzos, benzos are shit drugs for recreation, though they're a godsend for anxiety. You say you haven't heard of anyone enjoying it, but if you read these forums, you'll see that tons of people enjoy it. Like I said in a different thread, I've done pretty much every drug, been doing drugs heavily for almost 20 years. Been addicted to opiates for a total of 11 of those years. I like gabapentin a lot, my day is guaranteed to be a good one with it, it is subtler than opiates, or a lot of other drugs, sure. But I'm not trying to get faced every time I take a drug. Gabapentin very reliably produces a state of comfort and ease, a good mood, lack of social anxiety, and a good humor (I tend to find things really funny). Another thing I like about it is that, even though I really like it, I find it pretty easy to control my usage, it's not moreish. I can have a stash and just use it sometimes, unlike almost any other addictive drug.

I just saw that you take it every day, well that's why. If you took it from time to time and dosed right, you'd probably like it. Then again, maybe you wouldn't, everyone is different.

You apparently don't get much from gabapentin, but please stop insinuating that anyone who enjoys them is drug naïve. I find gabapentin WAY more recreational than benzos, benzos are shit drugs for recreation, though they're a godsend for anxiety. You say you haven't heard of anyone enjoying it, but if you read these forums, you'll see that tons of people enjoy it. Like I said in a different thread, I've done pretty much every drug, been doing drugs heavily for almost 20 years. Been addicted to opiates for a total of 11 of those years. I like gabapentin a lot, my day is guaranteed to be a good one with it, it is subtler than opiates, or a lot of other drugs, sure. But I'm not trying to get faced every time I take a drug. Gabapentin very reliably produces a state of comfort and ease, a good mood, lack of social anxiety, and a good humor (I tend to find things really funny). Another thing I like about it is that, even though I really like it, I find it pretty easy to control my usage, it's not moreish. I can have a stash and just use it sometimes, unlike almost any other addictive drug.

I just saw that you take it every day, well that's why. If you took it from time to time and dosed right, you'd probably like it. Then again, maybe you wouldn't, everyone is different.
I have been reading as much as I can about gabapentin. I might need some now. It gets so extremely cold here at night and arthritis sometimes is an issue for stiffness and pulling stressed parts. I pulled my chest muscles yesterday.

In my research I just cannot figure out who invented it and what is it made from. I had a very bad experience with a muscle relaxer one time and could'nt move at all. Scared me and I threw the rest of them in a river.

I am not sure how it (gabapentin) effects the brain what exactly it targets, and what exactly it is made from and what receptors its targeted for if not really a narcotic.

However it possibly is a narcotic and a little tough for me to follow right now in the situation of how it may change and effect the brain. I already went through a bout with cluster headaches and am trying to proceed with caution.

Also I wrote this really quickly to try to catch you while still on line in forum. I know I am embarrassing myself but am trying to preserve my brain pathways to not cluster again please !! that's all but means allot currently. no pun. <3

Haha, yes of course I've tried benzos. That's not the kind of buzz I prefer. I smoke weed all the time. I've never tried ketamine though.
A gabapentin high is very nice. It gradually comes on, and gradually fades away. It's a nice euphoria happy feeling. You love everything and everyone. Everything is enjoyable. Your mood is just great. I've had some of my happiest moments ever on it.

There is not one bad side effect to it. There is no comedown. Zero. Ever. There is literally not one negative thing I can say about it, except you cant feel it multiple days in a row, unless you increase your dose.

It makes you feel really good and happy. Not tired, not irritable. You dont forget shit. You dont do stupid stuff. It doesnt impair you or make you brave or have poor judgment. And it's not addictive like opiates or meth is.

Dont ditch it until you try.

And yeah, gabapentin is great for withdrawals and anxiety. Also, drug cravings, RLS, fibromyalgia, any kind of nerve pain, it's an under rated miracle pill lol.
You have mirrored my opinion 100% I prefer Gabapentin over benzos any day benzos make me tired and if there's any Euphoria with it it doesn't last long because you're too tired. Gabapentin gives me an extremely nice buzz and you're correct it makes anything enjoyable. That is why they prescribe it for people with stage fright since it makes you so calm euphoric and inhibited

Sorry but im with @Xorkoth on this with both his post. I get the 400mg caps and dose them 45-1hr apart and when i reach about the 1600mg mark i can feel it and it building up, like a tipsy drunken feeling just more clear minded and body wise. I normally don't go past or never have gone past 2800mg and by then I'm glowing and feeling it nicely, never needed high dosages or anything but then i don't take it every day.

So my advice would be to just stagger it in 30-60min intervals and give it time. If you impatient then rather go the Pregabalin route then.

I get the 300mg yellow caps and i take anywhere from 6 to 10 of them at once.. I'll wait about 1 hr take a few more .

I get the 300mg yellow caps and i take anywhere from 6 to 10 of them at once.. I'll wait about 1 hr take a few more .

If you took 2 at a time separated by 30 minutes each time, you'd get a lot higher. You're probably only absorbing 30-35% of each dose. You can't absorb very much at once so most of that you're just pissing out. Gabapentin is unusual, very few drugs are like that but it is.

If you took 2 at a time separated by 30 minutes each time, you'd get a lot higher. You're probably only absorbing 30-35% of each dose. You can't absorb very much at once so most of that you're just pissing out. Gabapentin is unusual, very few drugs are like that but it is

Ok 👌 thanks ill try that tonight see how it goes :) I just took my subutex and 5 or 6 gabapentins . Ill wait 30 min take 2 for a few hrs and see how I feel

What is the best way to take gabapentin? I'm assuming staggering the doses?

I've had 3 goes with it. The first time it gave me almost a meth-like high (minus the jitters and anxiety). I felt very outgoing, confident, awake, and very very horny.
It was almost the same intense lustful horniness that stimulants give me. I believe I staggered my doses over the course of the night and it hit me in the AM.

The second two times left me feeling sort of drunk or something. Like an obscure benzo-type feeling. But I also took low doses and didn't stagger.

Are there different buzzes/feelings to be had with gabapentin at different doses? If not, anyone know why I had such a strange stimulating first time but the subsequent times were more like a benzo?

Last edited:
I tried 600mg every 45 mins for 2 or 3 hours and don't get as strong of a high from just taking 2400mg all at once, am I missing something? I want to be really fricken high by time it kicks in, like unable to drive kind of high. I can't get any aleve currently to increase the absorption but are there any other ways I should be doing it? I'm gonna try to wait at least 2 days in between each time I do this as well to keep my tolerance lowish.
I do exactly the same thing you do and never really get high anymore and this helps my severe anxiety so I can easily tell when it's helping

Ok 👌 thanks ill try that tonight see how it goes :) I just took my subutex and 5 or 6 gabapentins . Ill wait 30 min take 2 for a few hrs and see how I feel
Another good way is to suck on the outter coating until you taste it then start chugging cause it tastes horrible of course I'm doing 4-6 at a time

I tried 600mg every 45 mins for 2 or 3 hours and don't get as strong of a high from just taking 2400mg all at once, am I missing something? I want to be really fricken high by time it kicks in, like unable to drive kind of high. I can't get any aleve currently to increase the absorption but are there any other ways I should be doing it? I'm gonna try to wait at least 2 days in between each time I do this as well to keep my tolerance lowish.
Doses above 100-150mg per dose is wasteful. The amino acid transporter used is the one that has a limit on how much it can move.
Everything else will be excreted mostly.

Some of you said that its better to take me dose as one, but after some test that i have conducted, if you do everything according to the reddit guide(fatty foods, naproxen sodium and pop soda) then you get much stronger high. Of course everybody is different and it might be otherwise for some people, but I strongly advise to try this method if you haven't yet.

If someone has enough knowledge to tell me how to dose it to help treat anxiety disorder i would be thankfull. For now i just use it every other day or longer to stop tolerance from climbing, but as you can imagine that's not enough. I will be trying my luck with cbd since I don't want to use benzos to treat it and fimd myself obliterated by the drug.

Last edited:
Doses above 100-150mg per dose is wasteful. The amino acid transporter used is the one that has a limit on how much it can move.
Everything else will be excreted mostly.

This is true except the amount is 300mg that you can't absorb more of within a ~30 minute time frame, not 100-150mg.

Weirdly they make 800mg pills, which is dumb since you can't absorb all that at once. I guess it's so cheap to make that it doesn't matter

Ah this thread. I think as far as how much can absorb I do think it is tied to metabolism. I have tried a lot of different ways. I settled on 600 mgs every 45 minutes. I tried 300 but was sort of weaker. I also tried 900 every 45 minutes and that was better than 300. But I know I have a fast metqbolism I have stayed the same weight for 30 years. I am know to be able to stuff my face with all kinds of food and not gain an ounce. So for me I think 600 every 45 minutes works best till 2100-2400 mgs. Snacks in between, peanuts and my only Coca Cola of the week too.

I am one that always looks for definitives on this type of stuff until I realize we all do have different metabolisms.

@JackARoe It more depends on how much enzymes that take part in metabolism of the drug you have in your gut. Numbers warry for everyone of us. But as a person with good metabolism, for us numbers propably are pretty high all over the board.

True, good point. It does vary between individuals. I like to give people the advice to do 300mg every 30 minutes but some might be able to do more.

Food is important for that absorption. Now I don't know if this matters but I got into the habit of taking a shot or two of apple cider vinegar about half way through the staggeriing. If nothing else it is healthy. But I had read that soda keeps the stomach acidic.

At one point I would top it off with 400 mgs of l theanine as I could swear it potentiated it. Now I am thinking it is a little stronger without it. The focus aspect is stronger though.

I also realize some of this stuff could placebo. But I for sure agree and nibbling on food after each dose.

@JackARoe I think that you really might be onto something, gonna try apple cider vinegar tomorrow, and give a report. I don't have l-theanine so maybe some other time. As we already know acidity does play part in metabolism.

If anything I think L-theanine might interfere with absorption a bit, since it is an amino acid and gabapentin is absorbed via an amino acid transporter. So it might compete for absorption. But I'm not sure if that would be the case.