• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Dosing

Good points all around that is why I sometimes thnk the l theanine softened it a bit but it has its own effects that probably contributed. These days I do not add l theanine. But I may try again at some point. I also learned here at BL that l theanine tones down a dissociative trip. Once I heard that I thought well then maybe it tones down gabapentin. It for sure adds it's own flavor. But I could not swear to it.

Thanks @NapalonyMurzyn report back of the apple cider vinegar and l theanine. Who knows maybe it is more than placebo.

Okay so i have ingested 40ml of vinegar 3 hours after first dose and about 2 hours (still dosing gabapentin) later i can feel a medicore increase in high climbing, and comparing to my other experiences it does feel a bit stronger. But most important thing is that my stomatch dosen't rumble as much as usuall.

Sorry if it's a bit messy, haven't used english that often for last 1.5 year and it became a bit rusty, or gabapentin is hitting me too hard :D

^ Your English is fine. :) Thanks for experimenting. If we can get gabapentin to work stronger on less I am all for it. Apple cider vinegar shots is a good habit to get into too.

Well i actually feel now like i have dosed a bit too much, and i haven't reached my usuall dose yet, nothing to be worried about tho, it's saturday :)

I think i have found something better, try taking an initial dose of about 1200mg and then after about 30min to an hour staggering rest of your pills.

@Project Will It is tempting to take them all, I know, I have a script, too. Mine are only 300 mg x2 a day. So, what I do is save them up and when I'm having a blah day, I take my gabapentin and then the day starts to get pretty amazing in about two hours. My go-to dose is 1200mg.

I never take them multiple days in a row. Not saying I didnt in the past though. Before I ever got a script, when I got my hands on them, I would take them almost every day. But I'd always be so disappointed on the days I didnt feel them. I hated wasting them. They were like gold to me lol. So now I have lots of self discipline when it comes to them.

I've never experienced a withdrawal from them, but I believe you. Maybe when you get your next script you can try spacing out your doses to every two or three days so you can feel them and so they will last you all month. :)
Hey, I know you posted this a while ago but I just wanted to ask - you said if you open the capsules and put it into juice it kicks in quicker as opposed to the normal 2-3 hours, how long are you finding it takes??

The problem is you got the wrong drug. Gabapentin is for desperate teenagers. Even weed is better. Get help for your addiction, or at least abuse something that makes sense.
Says who? You? Different people have different experiences with different drugs. Your statements have zero evidence to back them up. What you claim about about gabapentin seems to be coming from an emotionally misinformed state of mind. Like other posters here I've found gabapentin to be extremely effective for my arthritic pain as well as giving me a wonderful feeling of well being. Perhaps you should consider your addiction to marijuana and deal with it rather than responding rudely with a misinformed point of view.

Says who? You? Different people have different experiences with different drugs. Your statements have zero evidence to back them up. What you claim about about gabapentin seems to be coming from an emotionally misinformed state of mind. Like other posters here I've found gabapentin to be extremely effective for my arthritic pain as well as giving me a wonderful feeling of well being. Perhaps you should consider your addiction to marijuana and deal with it rather than responding rudely with a misinformed point of view.
" I want to be really high" is right in the OP. Neither my post nor the original topic was about arthritic pain. Also, nobody mentioned a marijuna addiction. Maybe you should reexamine who is misinformed and reacting emotionally.

If you find gabapentin medically useful you should also get bothered by people abusing it recreationally.

Last edited:
" I want to be really high" is right in the OP. Neither my post nor the original topic was about arthritic pain. Also, nobody mentioned a marijuna addiction. Maybe you should reexamine who is misinformed and reacting emotionally.

If you find gabapentin medically useful you should also get bothered by people abusing it recreationally.
Who are you kidding? Your accusation that Gabapentin is for "desperate teenagers" clouds everything you say. Not only is it baseless, it's rude. Besides the fact that it dismisses the drug completely. The point is, and why I mention its usefulness for arthritic pain, it's a useful drug for many people, including teenagers, and part of its usefulness lies in the fact that it can relieve pain and make the user feel better thus contributing to what OP describes as a high.
You assume OP is an addict because OP said "I want to be really high". And yes nobody mentioned a marijuana addiction. Except for me. You see, you accused OP of having an addiction. But you don't know if OP has an addiction problem (not to mention that Gabapentin is not physically addictive) with Gabapentin any more than I know you are addicted to marijuana. So I purposely made the same false assumption about you that you made about OP to make a point. But apparently you missed it. You seem to feel that your point of view on things is the framework we all must evaluate the situation in. But it doesn't work that way. You're certainly entitled to your opinion and feelings but that's all they are, based on how you choose to use your words and tone. You have no idea if weed is better for OP or anybody for that matter?
Make whatever statements you want. There's a difference, however, between an informed statement and one where you start by making erroneous accusations based on one post, that someone made, who, in fact, you know absolutely nothing about. Your last statement, that I should be "bothered" about people abusing Gabapentin, is pure b.s. Your suggestion that "weed is better" is clearly disingenuous and belies your true feelings. If you hadn't started with the arrogant "desperate teenager" comment maybe it would be believable. But it rings false and makes clear that the last thing you are bothered with is not OP or anyone else abusing Gabapentin. If you're going to go around judging people and be rude about it in the process then don't be surprised if you are treated accordingly.

Who are you kidding? Your accusation that Gabapentin is for "desperate teenagers" clouds everything you say. Not only is it baseless, it's rude. Besides the fact that it dismisses the drug completely. The point is, and why I mention its usefulness for arthritic pain, it's a useful drug for many people, including teenagers, and part of its usefulness lies in the fact that it can relieve pain and make the user feel better thus contributing to what OP describes as a high.
You assume OP is an addict because OP said "I want to be really high". And yes nobody mentioned a marijuana addiction. Except for me. You see, you accused OP of having an addiction. But you don't know if OP has an addiction problem (not to mention that Gabapentin is not physically addictive) with Gabapentin any more than I know you are addicted to marijuana. So I purposely made the same false assumption about you that you made about OP to make a point. But apparently you missed it. You seem to feel that your point of view on things is the framework we all must evaluate the situation in. But it doesn't work that way. You're certainly entitled to your opinion and feelings but that's all they are, based on how you choose to use your words and tone. You have no idea if weed is better for OP or anybody for that matter?
Make whatever statements you want. There's a difference, however, between an informed statement and one where you start by making erroneous accusations based on one post, that someone made, who, in fact, you know absolutely nothing about. Your last statement, that I should be "bothered" about people abusing Gabapentin, is pure b.s. Your suggestion that "weed is better" is clearly disingenuous and belies your true feelings. If you hadn't started with the arrogant "desperate teenager" comment maybe it would be believable. But it rings false and makes clear that the last thing you are bothered with is not OP or anyone else abusing Gabapentin. If you're going to go around judging people and be rude about it in the process then don't be surprised if you are treated accordingly.

all true, gaba and prega aswell help me a lot with depression and anxiety, and gives me the so often mention "just feeling good for the day", love for music, sex, conversations..... i sometimes feel that this is how i am supposed to be feeling all the time, it releases the "true me", freed from all the psychological pain. ..not so much from the physical pain, for which i get it prescribed.
BUT is really not physically addictive? the week after having taken either of those two drugs for more than 4 or 5 days onlyi feel extremely down, no energy, sweats, flu symptoms. is that all psychosomatic?

all true, gaba and prega aswell help me a lot with depression and anxiety, and gives me the so often mention "just feeling good for the day", love for music, sex, conversations..... i sometimes feel that this is how i am supposed to be feeling all the time, it releases the "true me", freed from all the psychological pain. ..not so much from the physical pain, for which i get it prescribed.
BUT is really not physically addictive? the week after having taken either of those two drugs for more than 4 or 5 days onlyi feel extremely down, no energy, sweats, flu symptoms. is that all psychosomatic?
I hear what you are saying. And no I don't think it's all psychosomatic. And I'm certainly not going to deny your experience. If you say you experienced withdrawal like symptoms as you described I'm sure you did. I've had a prescription for gabapentin for years so I speak from experience (my script is 800 mg tablets 3x a day so 2400 mg a day. Pretty substantial right?) There are days though where I won't take any at all or I'll vary my dosage and take less than or more than the daily prescribed dose each day. My point is that probably makes a difference with respect to how I might feel if I run out. I like to take them when I go to sleep because I get a great sleep on them and wake feeling invigorated and even a bit euphoric at times. Speaking truthfully though, there have been a few times where I've run out and was without the drug for as much as a week and I did feel a little bit uncomfortable and anxious but I would describe it as fairly mild. Not as bad as your experience. But I do get where you're coming from. And I definitely feel better when I take gabapentin. I guess my experience just wasn't as extreme as yours. The other aspect of this is that any one person's experience with coming off a certain drug is also affected by other drugs you might be taking, by your own bodies physiological and psychological make-up, whether you exercise or not, how you dose on a daily basis (as I described above), among other things. I've also gone through opiate withdrawal so that probably colors my perspective on what you might call gabapentin "withdrawal". Opiate withdrawal is hell, probably the worst physical and psychological experience I've ever gone through in my life. Comparatively speaking gabapentin is a walk in the park. That is partly why it doesn't seem like it's physically addictive to me. Again, I do see where you are coming from and I can't say that I don't feel a little bit uncomfortable if I have to go without gabapentin for a few days. So no, I don't think what you experienced is all psychosomatic. We just have had different experiences with gaba.
Be well.

Dude no way, gabapentin is the shit. I've got 20 years of experience with all the drugs, and I love gabapentin. I mean it's not the kind of drug to get fucked up on, but it gives a really nice shine to your day. When I dose it right (300mg every 45 minutes), after a few hours I get the perma-grin and I want to talk to everyone about everything and I just feel really good.
I get a regular prescription for Gabapentin. My dose is 900 mg four times per day. I don’t feel high when I take more than that, but I’ve got to say that it is very useful when I’m trying to kick heroin. It takes the edge off of the extreme anxiety and what I call the “heebie jeebies” (when you don’t feel comfortable in your own skin and can’t sit or lay still).

I hear what you are saying. And no I don't think it's all psychosomatic. And I'm certainly not going to deny your experience. If you say you experienced withdrawal like symptoms as you described I'm sure you did. I've had a prescription for gabapentin for years so I speak from experience (my script is 800 mg tablets 3x a day so 2400 mg a day. Pretty substantial right?) There are days though where I won't take any at all or I'll vary my dosage and take less than or more than the daily prescribed dose each day. My point is that probably makes a difference with respect to how I might feel if I run out. I like to take them when I go to sleep because I get a great sleep on them and wake feeling invigorated and even a bit euphoric at times. Speaking truthfully though, there have been a few times where I've run out and was without the drug for as much as a week and I did feel a little bit uncomfortable and anxious but I would describe it as fairly mild. Not as bad as your experience. But I do get where you're coming from. And I definitely feel better when I take gabapentin. I guess my experience just wasn't as extreme as yours. The other aspect of this is that any one person's experience with coming off a certain drug is also affected by other drugs you might be taking, by your own bodies physiological and psychological make-up, whether you exercise or not, how you dose on a daily basis (as I described above), among other things. I've also gone through opiate withdrawal so that probably colors my perspective on what you might call gabapentin "withdrawal". Opiate withdrawal is hell, probably the worst physical and psychological experience I've ever gone through in my life. Comparatively speaking gabapentin is a walk in the park. That is partly why it doesn't seem like it's physically addictive to me. Again, I do see where you are coming from and I can't say that I don't feel a little bit uncomfortable if I have to go without gabapentin for a few days. So no, I don't think what you experienced is all psychosomatic. We just have had different experiences with gaba.
Be well.

the one really bad week i had was after i took pregabalin for i think almost half a year - not crazy doses, but on the higher end of medical use, i think the highest doses were 800mg a day. with gaba i am only on very weak doses, but i do notice similar yet way weaker effects when i dont take it after i ve been on it for 2 weeks or so.
but yes, very true, everybody and everybody's body react differently, influenced by many things. and i guess if your base line, your "normal", not medicated self is rather depressed and anxious and maybe physically weaken as well - then a wd from even a smaller dose, which made you feel better, can feel worse.
have a good one!

I get a regular prescription for Gabapentin. My dose is 900 mg four times per day. I don’t feel high when I take more than that, but I’ve got to say that it is very useful when I’m trying to kick heroin. It takes the edge off of the extreme anxiety and what I call the “heebie jeebies” (when you don’t feel comfortable in your own skin and can’t sit or lay still).
yeah, i feel only a high if i increase at least every second day, and that s not something i can maintain, so i would have to take breaks of a few days inbewteen - does anybody know how many days until one is back to base line? like i think i read for opiates it s like 3-5 days to half it? and how long are prega or gaba in your system?

I was in the hospital recently. I was there for 4 days. They were not giving me my Gabapentin. After 4 days of not having it, I started to feel very sick. I had the sweats, the shakes, severe anxiety, the heebie jeebies, etc. I had never stopped taking Gabapentin suddenly like that before. I didn’t know what was happening to me. I truly thought that it was withdrawal from the I.V. Dilaudid that they were giving me every hour for my pain -which they stopped giving me the day before. It got so bad that I signed myself out of the hospital A.M.A. (Against Medical Advice) because I couldn’t handle being in my own skin. I drove home and took my regularly scheduled dose of my meds. I took my Gabapentin and 30 minutes later, the sickness and anxiety subsided. That’s how I knew that it was due to stopping Gabapentin suddenly. So regarding your question, I would say that it is physically addictive. Maybe the term “physically dependent” is more fitting when describing my situation.

besides the stomach content most people here agree on, do you guys also experience an increase when adding caffeine? maybe it s just cos it fights the sedative effects? (which i love -when i come down from them after i ve taken it in the morning i sleep like a drunk baby; i dont take it at night)

I was in the hospital recently. I was there for 4 days. They were not giving me my Gabapentin. After 4 days of not having it, I started to feel very sick. I had the sweats, the shakes, severe anxiety, the heebie jeebies, etc. I had never stopped taking Gabapentin suddenly like that before. I didn’t know what was happening to me. I truly thought that it was withdrawal from the Dilaudid that they were giving me every hour for my pain -which they stopped giving me the day before. It got so bad that I signed myself out of the hospital A.M.A. (Against Medical Advice) beside I couldn’t handle being in my own skin. I drove home and took my regularly scheduled dose of my meds. I took my Gabapentin and 30 minutes later, the sickness and anxiety subsided. That’s how I knew that it was due to stopping Gabapentin suddenly. So regarding your question, I would say that it is physically addictive. Maybe the term “physically dependent” is more fitting when describing my situation.
that sounds extremely irresponsible from the hospital, if they knew you were on it for a while.
i m also not sure how aware the medical community is how much of a potential for lets call it recreational use those two meds have. waaaaay easier to get prescribed than opiates and benzos for example, with repeats, no authorizations from what i can see.

i also dont find it listed on most tables of drug interactions; not even sure how prega plus gaba would feel, how cross tolerant they are and such? ofc sedating drugs would be dangerous in higher doses, but any experiences on other combinations? what s dangerous? once i had one beer on pregabalin and feel asleep 15 mins later :)

that sounds extremely irresponsible from the hospital, if they knew you were on it for a while.
i m also not sure how aware the medical community is how much of a potential for lets call it recreational use those two meds have. waaaaay easier to get prescribed than opiates and benzos for example, with repeats, no authorizations from what i can see.
It was irresponsible for sure. I was in the hospital for pancreatitis. I’ve been hospitalized several times for it due to my alcohol use. I have now stopped drinking but have become addicted to heroin again. Off to detox for me now. But I digress.
Anyway back to the original topic. When one is hospitalized for pancreatitis, they give you I.V. pain meds and allow NOTHING by mouth. No food, no liquids, nothing. If you’re prescribed other meds, they give you the I.V. versions or the equivalent. The idea is to give your digestive system a break to allow your body to recover. When there is a greater amount of time between your requests for pain meds, they know that you are recovering, so they gradually introduce food, liquids, and your oral meds and monitor how your body reacts. Well, there is no I.V. version of Gabapentin or anything that is equivalent. So that’s why they didn’t give me Gabapentin. Although they were giving me the oral versions of all of my other meds at that point so I still say that they screwed up.

It was irresponsible for sure. I was in the hospital for pancreatitis. I’ve been hospitalized several times for it due to my alcohol use. I have now stopped drinking but have become addicted to heroin again. Off to detox for me now. But I digress.
Anyway back to the original topic. When one is hospitalized for pancreatitis, they give you I.V. pain meds and allow NOTHING by mouth. No food, no liquids, nothing. If you’re prescribed other meds, they give you the I.V. versions or the equivalent. The idea is to give your digestive system a break to allow your body to recover. When there is a greater amount of time between your requests for pain meds, they know that you are recovering, so they gradually introduce food, liquids, and your oral meds and monitor how your body reacts. Well, there is no I.V. version of Gabapentin or anything that is equivalent. So that’s why they didn’t give me Gabapentin. Although they were giving me the oral versions of all of my other meds at that point so I still say that they screwed up.
thanks for explaining!
gaba can be pretty useful to replace drinking and other habits from what i read - but the rocketing tolerance messes long term use up :(
all the best with the detox, stay strong!