Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Vyvanse - The Best of Both Worlds

WizK

Greenlighter
Let me start off by saying, either Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Lyrica (Pregablin) work for this combo.

Onto the report! This was several months ago, so details are a little hazy but I'll never forget my experience.

+0:00 - Picked up my 30x 30mg of Vyvanse and 180x 300mg of Gabapentin from the pharmacy. I take 60 mg of the V, and it's my first experience with Vyvanse and first use of a stimulant in about 5 months. I also take 3000mg of Gabapentin, though my tolerance was semi-high. I realized that the Vyvanse should take effect first as the Gabapentin takes 1.5-2 hours to come on.
+1:00 - I feel a rush from the Vyvanse. It'd been sooo long since I had felt the energetic, God-like rush from a stimulant. My motivation went through the roof. I felt bulletproof. I decided to work on a website I was coding at the time, turning on some dubstep and rap.
+1:30 - Here comes the Gabapentin, right around the time a stimulant rush usually starts to wear off. But with the gaba? Oh. My. God. Not only did the vyvanse euphoria remain, it went even higher!
+2:00 - Whenever I walked, I was floating on a cloud. I seemed to have devine physical abilities. All of the negative side effects from the vyvanse (sweating, appetite loss, cold extremities, spacey feeling, headache, and over stimulated feeling) had all been eliminated. It's like I took only the good parts from the Vyvanse and mixed them with the Gabapentin. Everything I did, I did with a smile.
+4:00 - No signs of letting up. The high's still just as strong as 2 hours ago. I was talking with my Mom, and usually I'm very short with her, but I was very compassionate and empathetic. The euphoria was so odd; it was as if I just felt everything would be alright, I guess a sense of well being, but not like an opiate. More like, an ego high, what I imagine cocaine to be like.
+6:00 - I have eaten a normal sized meal, hydrated, and I still feel great. Tons of energy, floaty, loss of balance, but I'm starting to notice a slight decline in good stimulation.
+8:00 - Effects of Vyvanse are just about all gone, but I still feel a bit floaty and off balance from the Gabapentin. However, I had ZERO crash from the Vyvanse, which as I later figured out, will happen without the gabapentin. Basically, I felt as if I hadn't taken anything. No migraine, no depression, no apathy, etc. I felt great for having tweaked.
+12:00 - I go to sleep. I probably could have gone to sleep after 8 hours, but I was still living in the afterglow.

Overall, I have to say this was one of the best experiences of my life. It left such a lasting impression, it's now my favorite combo.

Top 5 Favorite Combos:
1. Gabapentin (or Lyrica) and Vyvanse
2. Hydrocodone and Focalin XR
3. Weed and alcohol
4. Gabapentin and Weed
5. Lyrica and Hydrocodone / Tramadol

So, now you know my preference. I feel a bit spoiled now, because I take 40mg of Vyvanse about once or twice a week, but if I'm out of my gabapentin I'll just save the pill, because I really react poorly (physically) to stimulants and I can't enjoy them without the gabepentin.
Happy days! 8)

OMG! Thank you!!! YOU have been a big help to me and my daughter! :)
Let me start off by saying, either Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Lyrica (Pregablin) work for this combo.

Onto the report! This was several months ago, so details are a little hazy but I'll never forget my experience.

+0:00 - Picked up my 30x 30mg of Vyvanse and 180x 300mg of Gabapentin from the pharmacy. I take 60 mg of the V, and it's my first experience with Vyvanse and first use of a stimulant in about 5 months. I also take 3000mg of Gabapentin, though my tolerance was semi-high. I realized that the Vyvanse should take effect first as the Gabapentin takes 1.5-2 hours to come on.
+1:00 - I feel a rush from the Vyvanse. It'd been sooo long since I had felt the energetic, God-like rush from a stimulant. My motivation went through the roof. I felt bulletproof. I decided to work on a website I was coding at the time, turning on some dubstep and rap.
+1:30 - Here comes the Gabapentin, right around the time a stimulant rush usually starts to wear off. But with the gaba? Oh. My. God. Not only did the vyvanse euphoria remain, it went even higher!
+2:00 - Whenever I walked, I was floating on a cloud. I seemed to have devine physical abilities. All of the negative side effects from the vyvanse (sweating, appetite loss, cold extremities, spacey feeling, headache, and over stimulated feeling) had all been eliminated. It's like I took only the good parts from the Vyvanse and mixed them with the Gabapentin. Everything I did, I did with a smile.
+4:00 - No signs of letting up. The high's still just as strong as 2 hours ago. I was talking with my Mom, and usually I'm very short with her, but I was very compassionate and empathetic. The euphoria was so odd; it was as if I just felt everything would be alright, I guess a sense of well being, but not like an opiate. More like, an ego high, what I imagine cocaine to be like.
+6:00 - I have eaten a normal sized meal, hydrated, and I still feel great. Tons of energy, floaty, loss of balance, but I'm starting to notice a slight decline in good stimulation.
+8:00 - Effects of Vyvanse are just about all gone, but I still feel a bit floaty and off balance from the Gabapentin. However, I had ZERO crash from the Vyvanse, which as I later figured out, will happen without the gabapentin. Basically, I felt as if I hadn't taken anything. No migraine, no depression, no apathy, etc. I felt great for having tweaked.
+12:00 - I go to sleep. I probably could have gone to sleep after 8 hours, but I was still living in the afterglow.

Overall, I have to say this was one of the best experiences of my life. It left such a lasting impression, it's now my favorite combo.

Top 5 Favorite Combos:
1. Gabapentin (or Lyrica) and Vyvanse
2. Hydrocodone and Focalin XR
3. Weed and alcohol
4. Gabapentin and Weed
5. Lyrica and Hydrocodone / Tramadol

So, now you know my preference. I feel a bit spoiled now, because I take 40mg of Vyvanse about once or twice a week, but if I'm out of my gabapentin I'll just save the pill, because I really react poorly (physically) to stimulants and I can't enjoy them without the gabepentin.
Happy days! 8)