• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin vs Pregabalin

Gabapentin vs Pregabalin

• Gabapentin

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Pregabalin

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Both are shit

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hey boys,

Yeah I know another thread about Pregabalin and stuff but here Gabapentin is not that cheap so I want to really know which one is better?

I have read somewhat mixed opinions: some prefer Gabapentin and others do not change its Pregabalin? Which is better in your experience? The issue of tolerance with Pregabalin (so fast) is so severe with Gabapentin? Is withdrawal that severe?Euphoria wise which one is better?

Blessings My Friends!!

Hey man!

As you know, I'm on gabapentin here. I've never tried pregablin before unfortunately.

I will say tho, that gabapentin tolerance raises pretty damn fast. And I had withdrawals after only 4 weeks of taking them daily. The withdrawals consisted of severe body pain (or maybe this was the body pain I had before I started taking gabapentin and just didn't realize how much pain I was actually in until I stopped taking them again). The pain is very similar to the achey body feel of opioid withdrawal. The mental aspect sucked. Everything felt very boring. Although it was not the same excruciating "cry your eyes out" type of pain/bored that opioid or heroin withdrawals can bring, but it was bad enough to immediately make every day feel shitty.

I also had hallucinations, like seeing trails, colorful blobs, dark spiders running around, etc.. I've never had this issue before until I went through gabapentin withdrawals. I'm guessing that gaba B withdrawals could produce delirium or hallucinations.

The withdrawals lasted for about 5 days. By day 5 I was okay but I ended up taking them again anyway. So I'd say tramadol withdrawal was still worse than gabapentin withdrawal, but it was close. The pain & bored & mental depression felt... different, than those same things you get from other withdrawals. Not sure how to explain it because it's a subjective experience. I'd imagine gabapentin or lyrica withdrawals could be pretty brutal if you're on them long enough.

Just about everyone here prefers pregabalin over gabapentin due to the strength and that you don't need to stagger it. It is stronger for sure. Someone like me gets side effects from pregabalin, head shocks and a form of dizziness that scares me over 300 mgs. Pregabalin seems to effect my head stronger. But I do take gabapentin and have utilized that one better. That one takes longer to hit but I feel it deep down in my body as opposed to a strong head high. The head aspect of gabepentin is much genter and has a subtle euphoria that pregabalin does not have for me. So I stuck with that instead of switching. I also have some generic pregabalin from Canada that I just save and test once in a while.

I get a very light dose for nerve pain. But not daily. I do not want to get addicted and I do not think I even come close. I mean 2400-2700 mgs once a week (sometimes twice) has not produced any dependence and I have never been addicted to any gaba drug so I would not know. I have not had sciatica since doing that routine so whatever it does it is working at that level.

I do see people recommend gabapenitn for pregabalin withdrawal. But I thougt since they are similar it would keep the dependence going but it seems easer to stop for some people. I have seen a lot of credible people on here say they took 600 mgs of pregabalin or 2400 mgs of gabapentin daily for 2 years and quit with no withdrawal. Then I have seen others say after only a month daily they had withdrawal And I will swear without proof that people also taking benzos have a different dependency that arises than just the pregabalin and benzo alone. After all I read the people that had the hardest time coming off also were on benzos.

Last edited:
I dose gabapentin with a beginning bolus of 1200 mg and one 220 mg otc naproxen (Aleve). Naproxen and gabapentin work synergistically with each other (same with pregabalin and Aleve). Then I dose 150 mg of gabapentin every 45 minutes until I reach my desired blood plasma level.

I have to say I have read every staggering post here too. lol I do think metabolism factors in. I have tried 150 mgs every 40 minutes but it was not as strong as taking 600 mgs every 40 minutes. I tried 300 mgs but that did not end up as strong either. So I settled in 600 mgs ever 40-45 minutes. I have a fast metabolism have been the same weight for 25 years. But I want to try 150 mgs every 45 minutes again and see. I don't want to waste any.

Hey boys,

Yeah I know another thread about Pregabalin and stuff but here Gabapentin is not that cheap so I want to really know which one is better?

I have read somewhat mixed opinions: some prefer Gabapentin and others do not change its Pregabalin? Which is better in your experience? The issue of tolerance with Pregabalin (so fast) is so severe with Gabapentin? Is withdrawal that severe?Euphoria wise which one is better?

Blessings My Friends!!
I find that one 150 mg capsule of pregabalin gives me a nice buzz every time and I take one a day and have it for over a year. If I take gabapentin I need about 3 to 400 mg to even feel it. It’s much weaker than pregabalin.

Gabapentin is mostly not used by the body and I think the highest one could expect from it is 30-40% (and that is with eating with fats and using other otc to help absorption) and piss the rest out. A waste of space and time, imo.
Pregab is very efficient and waste is very little. And if I had to guess 100 mg pregab would equate to 600+mg gabapentin as far as effects and the effects feels more "natural" for me on pregab than gabap... just my experiences with both.

Hey man!

As you know, I'm on gabapentin here. I've never tried pregablin before unfortunately.

I will say tho, that gabapentin tolerance raises pretty damn fast. And I had withdrawals after only 4 weeks of taking them daily. The withdrawals consisted of severe body pain (or maybe this was the body pain I had before I started taking gabapentin and just didn't realize how much pain I was actually in until I stopped taking them again). The pain is very similar to the achey body feel of opioid withdrawal. The mental aspect sucked. Everything felt very boring. Although it was not the same excruciating "cry your eyes out" type of pain/bored that opioid or heroin withdrawals can bring, but it was bad enough to immediately make every day feel shitty.

I also had hallucinations, like seeing trails, colorful blobs, dark spiders running around, etc.. I've never had this issue before until I went through gabapentin withdrawals. I'm guessing that gaba B withdrawals could produce delirium or hallucinations.

The withdrawals lasted for about 5 days. By day 5 I was okay but I ended up taking them again anyway. So I'd say tramadol withdrawal was still worse than gabapentin withdrawal, but it was close. The pain & bored & mental depression felt... different, than those same things you get from other withdrawals. Not sure how to explain it because it's a subjective experience. I'd imagine gabapentin or lyrica withdrawals could be pretty brutal if you're on them long enough.
damn...what was your daily gabapentin dosage?

I like to combine all three gabapentinoids….

Gabapentin 300mg
Pregabalin 150mg
Phenibut 1500mg

Plus….

Methadone 80mg
Methylphenidate 30mg IR
Cannabis Indica 10mg
Etizolam 1mg

All of these pulverized powder in a glass, ounce of warm water to melt everything together in a single solution, then orange juice to mask the sour pungent flavour and make it palatable

A kind of new aged Brompton Cocktail / Oral Speedball :)